July 2023 Speaker Elections

Wf_emblem_small
Office of the Speaker of the World Forum

Members of the World Forum,

It has been an honour to have served as the Speaker of this institution in the past year. Together, Stoinia & Sedunn have shown once again what collaboration can achieve. A record of resolutions brought to the floor. This mandate has proven the World Forum’s usage hasn’t yet faded away. Let us continue the good work we’ve done so far. Now under a new Speaker. That being said…

Elections to select the next Speaker of the Assembly of the World Forum are now open.

As per Resolution 1, nominations will be open for seven (7) days. During this time, any member nation may nominate any other member nation for the Speakership but may not nominate themselves. Nations against which there is an active trial at the International Court at the time of the election, or that have been judged by the International Court or have been suspended or expelled from the Assembly in the last 18 months may not be nominated.

Elections will be conducted with instant-runoff voting following the conclusion of nominations.

To nominate other member states, please complete the following form:

Voting form:

**Speaker nomination(s):**
**Do you accept your nomination (if applicable)?** [ ] Yes | [ ] No

**Justice nominee:**
**Background information on the nominee:**

**Committee memberships:**

**Membership in WF affiliated organisations:**

Please also reiterate each WF Committee each member nation wishes to continue to be affiliated with.

Tudor Segărceanu
Speaker of the Assembly & Ambassador of the Kingdom of Stoinia

OOC: Only one effective vote may be valid.

7 Likes

Speaker nomination(s): Emerald-Denver, Frost Empire, Kliegme, Weisserstein
Do you accept your nomination (if applicable)? Yes | No
Justice nominee: -
Background information on the nominee: -
Committee memberships: All
Membership in WF affiliated organisations: No changes

5 Likes

Speaker nomination(s): Weisserstein, Sedunn

Do you accept your nomination (if applicable)? [x ] Yes | No

Justice nominee:-

Committee memberships: CLE - Committee for Climate and Environment, SCE - Committee for Science and Education

Membership in WF affiliated organisations: IACO

1 Like

Kingdom of Stoinia
Speaker nomination(s): Mauquibie, Gianatla, Besern, Snolland, Weisserstein, Huawan

Justice nominee: Catinca Nilea
Background information on the nominee: Currently serves on the Stoinian Royal High Court.

Committee memberships: CLE - Committee for Climate and Environment, ECO - Committee for Economy , HEA - Committee for Health, INL - Committee for International Law, SCE -Committee for Science and Education, SRE - Sub-Committee for Space Regulations

Republic of Sallodesia
Speaker nomination(s): Abstains

Justice nominee: Callum Carr
Background information on the nominee: Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Sallodesia.

Committee memberships: CLE - Committee for Climate and Environment, ECO - Committee for Economy , HEA - Committee for Health, INL - Committee for International Law, SCE - Committee for Science and Education, SRE - Sub-Committee for Space Regulations

1 Like

Kingdom of Holy Free
Speaker nomination(s): Keanu and Hurley, Conaro, Eflad, Austra.

Justice nominee: -

Committee memberships: Declares intent to run for Officer for the SCE - Committee of Science and Education.

Membership in WF affiliated organisations: -

Hendrik-Jan van Alroweg
Current Freean Ambassador to the World Forum

Speaker nomination(s): Weisserstein, Sedunn, Stoinia.

Justice nominee: _
Background information on the nominee: _

Committee memberships: intention to apply into CLE (Committee for Climate and Environment), ECO (Committee for Economy), and SCE (Committee for Science and Education).

Membership in WF affiliated organisations: intention to apply into the ILTC (International Labor and Trade Council)

1 Like

Wf_emblem_small

We have now entered the second phase of the Speaker Elections. Please cast your votes for the Speakership, Officers for the Committees as well as Justice nominees following the subsequent procedure. Please keep in mind that voting is open for the coming seven days.

Vote for the Speaker
Please cast your vote using this voting form. For this phase we’ll utilise IRV-voting, so please number your preference according to this principle (i.e. 1 = first choice; 2 = second choice).

Voting form:

**Vote for the Speaker**
X | Eflad
X | RON

**Membership in WF affiliated organisations:**

Vote for the Officers
Please vote for each Committee you are a part of, who shall become the Officer of said Committee. You may vote for three members of the Committee, including yourself.

Committee for Climate and Environment

• Anserisa
  • Central Bailtemmic Republic
  • Besern
  • Eflad
  • Emerald-Denver
  • FiHami
  • Frost Empire
  • Gianatla
  • Holy Free
  • Huawan
  • Izaakia
  • Livana
  • Ryccia
  • Sallodesia
  • Sedunn
  • Stoinia
  • Termina

0 voters

Committee for Economy

• Anserisa
  • Besern
  • Eflad
  • Esfalsa
  • Frost Empire
  • Gianatla
  • Huawan
  • Ikoania
  • Izaakia
  • Livana
  • Mauquibie
  • Ryccia
  • Sallodesia
  • Sedunn
  • Snolland
  • Stoinia
  • Techganet
  • Termina
  • Valkyria

0 voters

Committee for Health

• Anserisa
  • Besern
  • Emerald-Denver
  • Frost Empire
  • Gianatla
  • Huawan
  • Izaakia
  • Kosbareland
  • Ryccia
  • Sallodesia
  • Sedunn
  • Snolland
  • Stoinia
  • Techganet
  • Termina

0 voters

Committee for International Law

• Besern
  • Frost Empire
  • Gianatla
  • Huawan
  • Ikoania
  • Izaakia
  • Mauquibie
  • Ryccia
  • Sallodesia
  • Sedunn
  • Snolland
  • Stoinia
  • Termina

0 voters

Committee for Sciences and Education

• Anserisa
  • Besern
  • Eflad
  • Emerald_Denver
  • Frost Empire
  • Gianatla
  • Holy Free
  • Huawan
  • Ikoania
  • Izaakia
  • Kosbareland
  • Mauquibie
  • Ryccia
  • Sallodesia
  • Sedunn
  • Stoinia
  • techganet
  • Termina

0 voters

Approval vote for the Justices

• I approve of all Justice nominees
  • I approve only of Catinca Nilea (Stoinia)
  • I approve only of Callum Carr {Sallodesia)
  • None

0 voters

Thank you all

Tudor Segărceanu
Speaker of the Assembly & Ambassador of the Kingdom of Stoinia

OOC: Only one effective vote may be valid.

Vote for the Speaker
1 | Eflad
2 | RON

Stoinia & Sallodesia:
Membership in WF affiliated organisations: ILTC (International Labor and Trade Council)

Vote for the Speaker
1 | Eflad
2 | RON

Detroxia:
Membership in WF affiliated organisations: none

Vote for the Speaker
2 | Eflad
1| RON

Membership in WF affiliated organisations:

Vote for the Speaker
1 | Eflad
2 | RON

Membership in WF affiliated organisations: ILTC (International Labor and Trade Council)

Vote for the Speaker
1 | Eflad
X | RON

Membership in WF affiliated organisations:

Vote for the Speaker
1 | Eflad
2 | RON

Vote for the Speaker
2 | Eflad
1 | RON

Membership in WF affiliated organisations: None

Vote for the Speaker
X | Eflad
X | RON

Vote for the Speaker
1 | Eflad
2 | RON

Membership in WF affiliated organisations: None

Wf_emblem_small

July 2023 Speaker Elections - Conclusion

the election for a new Speaker has been concluded.
Jan Saats, the ambassador for the Republic of Eflad, has been elected as a new and tenth Speaker of the Assembly by 7 (seven) votes to 2 (two).

4 Likes

Wf_emblem_small

Dear colleagues,

I am thankful and honoured to have been elected as the Speaker of this respected house. In times of turbulence and crisis it is the World Forum and this very Assembly which is the beacon of hope, peace, security and prosperity. As the Speaker, I will do my best to uphold these principles. A wise Efladian once said “All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall.”
The World Forum has proven itself on the international stage. We have used our resolution as they were intended to be used. However, the good is the worst enemy of the best. To become the best, we have to tackle some very important issues. I hope my tenure as Speaker is remembered as one of reform and improvement.

Because no one can do it alone, I nominate the ambassador for the Federal Republic of Kliegme, Kirill Leonov, as my deputy speaker.

Vote for the Deputy Speaker

• Aye
  • Abstain
  • Nay
0 voters

Thank you again for your support!
– Jan Saats, Speaker of the World Forum, ambassador for the Republic of Eflad

5 Likes

Wf_emblem_small

July 2023 Deputy Speaker Elections - Conclusion

the vote has been concluded. With 4 votes against, 3 for and 2 abstaining Kirill Leonov has not been elected as Deputy Speaker.

Comment from the Speaker

Dear colleagues,

to be quite honest I am disappointed that the Assembly did not my colleague Kirill Leonov from Kliegme as my Deputy Speaker. I saw Mr. Leonov as a true partner both for myself, for Eflad and for the World Forum. This institution has been conceived as a forum of discourse, of debate and dialogue. We can only live up to these standards if we are not unrightfully prejudicial to any of our members. The Assembly has spoken and I will continue my search for a Deputy Speaker. Until then, I would like to remind you that there are several resolutions waiting to be discussed further.
There are five Resolutions waiting to be discussed:

1. [Res.] Resolution Establishment of the Pacifica Educational, Scientific & Cultural Organisation
  2. [Res.] Resolution on the Protection of Minors in Entertainment Media - #15 by Maverick
  3. [Res.] Resolution on Nature Conservation
  4. [Res.] Resolution Reforming the IACO
  5. [Res.] Resolution Establishment of the Pacifica Agricultural & Food Organisation

Some of the Resolutions have had an extensive debate which only needs to be concluded. I ask the ambassadors to take on the initiative.

Thank you.
– Jan Saats, Speaker of the World Forum, ambassador for the Republic of Eflad

8 Likes

The Central Bailtemmic Republic objects to the overreach of power by Speaker Saats. The Speaker is elected by and accountable to the members of the Assembly, and it is out of place for the speaker to reprimand the voters of this Assembly for voting as they desire. It is disheartening to see a Speaker be so unreceptive to the concern over their desired deputy that is evident from the result of the vote, and instead resort to baseless allegations of the Assembly being ‘unrightfully prejudicial’ while offering no evidence to support such claims.

Li Huang
Representative of the Central Bailtemmic Republic

5 Likes