July 2023 Speaker Elections

Wf_emblem_small

Office of the Speaker of the World Forum

July 2023 Deputy Speaker Elections - Conclusion

Members of the World Forum,

the vote has been concluded. With 4 votes against, 3 for and 2 abstaining Kirill Leonov has not been elected as Deputy Speaker.

Comment from the Speaker

Dear colleagues,

to be quite honest I am disappointed that the Assembly did not my colleague Kirill Leonov from Kliegme as my Deputy Speaker. I saw Mr. Leonov as a true partner both for myself, for Eflad and for the World Forum. This institution has been conceived as a forum of discourse, of debate and dialogue. We can only live up to these standards if we are not unrightfully prejudicial to any of our members. The Assembly has spoken and I will continue my search for a Deputy Speaker. Until then, I would like to remind you that there are several resolutions waiting to be discussed further.
There are five Resolutions waiting to be discussed:

1. [Res.] Resolution Establishment of the Pacifica Educational, Scientific & Cultural Organisation
  2. [Res.] Resolution on the Protection of Minors in Entertainment Media - #15 by Maverick
  3. [Res.] Resolution on Nature Conservation
  4. [Res.] Resolution Reforming the IACO
  5. [Res.] Resolution Establishment of the Pacifica Agricultural & Food Organisation

Some of the Resolutions have had an extensive debate which only needs to be concluded. I ask the ambassadors to take on the initiative.

Thank you.
– Jan Saats, Speaker of the World Forum, ambassador for the Republic of Eflad

8 Likes