[2437.AP] Questions to the Cabinet

Hello fellow Legislators.

I came here to ask some questions to our Ministers, and, as suggested, we must make this an organic culture in TSP. Well, without further ado, here we go:

To Their Excellency, the Minister of Defense, @Coltranius:

1. We have new members at SPSF?
  2. How are SPSF operations going?
  3. Are the plans that you, or the Prime Minister, had being put into practice? How are they going?

To Their Excellency, the Minister of Culture, @xshotss:

1. Is there an event being planned? What is it about? Do you have an estimated date?
  2. Do you plan on bringing back ā€œGame Nightsā€ on Discord?
  3. Have you already found the Secretaries of Culture you were looking for?

To Their Excellency, the Minister of Engagement, @NoOne:

1. With your recent LoA, was what you were working on delegated to someone else? Or did you continue, even in the LoA? Or were it paused?
  2. Have you found the Secretaries you were looking for?
  3. Do we have a scheduled date for the ā€œnewspapersā€ on TSP?

To Their Excellency, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, @ConcreteSlab:

1. What have you been doing so far?
  2. Is there anything currently being planned with another region?
  3. Do we have any relevant updates in our Foreign Relations?

To Their Excellency, the Minister of Integration, @maluhia:

1. What are you doing regarding integration so far?
  2. A follow-up to the question above, but how do you think this will bring peopleā€™s attention to TSP policy?

To Their Excellency, the Prime Minister, @lordnwahs:

1. How do you keep up to date with the Ministries in your Cabinet?
  2. How is communication with them going?
  3. What you expected is being done?

Well, I guess thatā€™s it. To avoid confusion: I donā€™t mind if the PM answers everything or if each Minister answers their questions.

Thank you in advance.

5 Likes

Currently we have one new member of the SPSF (Tsunami): Oseao, and Iā€™d like to add that she has shown great levels of activeness, as she has attended every single update since she joined. Furthermore we have 2 more applications still pending.

August has been a slow month, made mainly of detag, in some updates even just having 4 of them, so apart from Eshialand that participated in a lot of updates (until the 17th of August), we havenā€™t had remarkable levels of activity from our members (up until Oseao joined, as previously stated). Weā€™ve also had 7 small liberations this month: In the first one we got 5 members (the most of every other org), in the second one 6 (3rd with ERN), in the 3rd one just 3 (2nd), in the 4th one again 3 (2nd with TGW), in the 5th one 4 (4th), in the same day a 6th with only you (3rd togheter with CoA, LDF and PAL), in the 7th again 1 (last).

For now Iā€™ve mainly worked on the priorities that the officers gave for the now current term MoD. The PM really didnā€™t give me any plans, but for my plans:

• Iā€™ve started organizing the monthly event for the SPSF, which should happen at the end of August (before my LoA) if everything goes well
  • For the vcs on chasing, weā€™re waiting for another new and better tool to go public. Iā€™ve been told that it should happen soon, soā€¦ I hope it happens sooner than later.
5 Likes

Hi.

Iā€™m doing some behind-the-scenes stuff right now. Iā€™m decided for these few weeks to pretty much focus on recruitment and outreach efforts. Weā€™re looking to reboot SPROUT and start our own manual recruitment program. Weā€™ve been making some considerable steps with the recruitment program in the past few weeks, and weā€™ll share the full gist of it when we introduce it to the Assembly soon.

As you personally know, we have that questionnaire. Iā€™m putting some finishing touches on it and will send it out soon. Hopefully some advertisement (maybe with your help :stuck_out_tongue:) can not only get us more answers, but also more people interested in our other opportunities.

4 Likes

Besides projects that I have direct involvement with, I ask my cabinet ministers questions similar to the ones that youā€™ve asked every week to keep up-to-date on their progress.

Good so far! Weā€™ve been using a mix of both discord and the forums to keep track of work and provide input.

Itā€™s still early days, but especially on integration and engagement I think the Assembly will be able to see some good progress in the coming weeks. Iā€™ll make a more concerted push towards starting to launch projects that Iā€™ve proposed as well when everyone has fully settled in.

4 Likes
  1. I have a couple of events planned, like a ā€œnational anthem writing contestā€ where contestants have to write an anthem for the South Pacific. I am also planning on a couple of game nights and maybe the Culinary Contest since there seems to be demand for it. I do not have an exact date for these events right now.
  2. Yes, I will be bringing back game nights soon as mentioned in the answer above.
  3. I have found both secretaries, however it is not official yet.
5 Likes

No one was appointed, especially as my target release date should not be interfered with by my LOA. We should still be all set to begin writing shortly, and all should be fine.

Not as many applicants as I hoped to have applied, we have only one who was accepted. They have a lot of experience and I believe that they will be perfect to help create this news dispatch.

I hope to get it out towards the end of August, or possibly the very start of September, this has been the goal since the start, and it allows us enough time to write and prepare, I will likely start off with fortnightly editions, however if that is not popular, I might trim it back to a monthly edition.

5 Likes

A further question for the MoFA / PM: Has any progress been made on relaunching the ambassador program? If so, could you provide an update?

2 Likes

Itā€™s a work in progress, Iā€™ll update the assembly when we have something to present.

3 Likes

Could we get some more details on what it means for work to be ā€˜in progressā€™ on integration, game nights, newspapers, ambassadors, etc.? What challenges have been encountered and overcome?

Itā€™s really mostly just IRL time constraints on the part of the cabinet right now. With the exception of the ambassador program, what Maluhia, jay and NoOne has shared previously is basically the extent that I can say publicly right now (it really is just that these things take time to put together), but we are fairly confident that by early September there will be some things that the Assembly can see are being done.

Specifically with regards to the pilot ambassador program tho, Slab is also particularly busy IRL right now, and he has a fair bit on his plate FA-wise, so I will take more action on that front myself.

I would add that on a related note, manpower is something that I am somewhat concerned about especially when it comes to running manual recruitment and mentorship, and Iā€™ll be talking to the cabinet about recruiting advisors and staffers more heavily in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

I would like to know if we will still receive answers to the questions that have not yet been answered, just to be sure.

And, more generally, could Cabinet officials provide updates on anything new that is taking place in their Department, beyond what has been discussed this far?

Weā€™ve been asked by the region New Chesapeake to support the region ā€œEmpire of Australiaā€ to reach the influence needed to start a Stronghold transition. Weā€™ve deployed our units in support to that.

Apologies, but could you explain that in a bit more detail (insofar as you can consistent with operational security)? Both from a logistical standpoint, i.e., what does this operation entail exactly and how will it be accomplished? And from a diplomatic / FA standpoint, i.e., who are the other regions involved and why is this operation in our interest?

What we will do is basically endorse the founder of said region, as they want then to transition their region from a Frontier (region where nations can spawn) to a Stronghold (the opposite). We will accomplish it when the founder reaches enough influence to be able to start the transition. After the process start, we will drop out, as the governor of New Chesapeake is confident that his troups will be enough for keeping raiders out of the region, our support is needed so that the process to reach the influence needed is much faster (should be around 2/3 weeks depending on how many nations spawn and how many CTE in the region).
Iā€™ve been told that the other regions involved are New Chesapeake and Wintercrest.
This operation is in our interest as first of all weā€™re helping a native founder and delegate reaching his objectives, as helping native regions however we can is (or at least should) be the main priority of our army, as weā€™re first of all defender-aligned military. Furthermore I hope this operation can bring closer diplomatically our region with the new (but ambitious) region of New Chesapeake (which recently became also defender-aligned. If for any reason they will participate in any raids (except for anti-fascist raids) during my term, I will refuse to help their region with anything else again, and I hope future MoDs would do as well).

May I just jump in and say under the embassy and consulate policy, page where every region, can go and say if they want an embassy with us, they did make a post under that, however they never got a response, my question is mostly for the PM or FA, do you think their ask again for an Embassy, and continue to strengthen ties after what were doing with them?

Minutes ago, I sent out this form via region-wide telegram. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first but less than an hour later we already have some solid responses to work with. Once we have more results, Iā€™ll be putting together the data for folks to analyze and look at.

There have already been a group of respondents who claim they never knew of things like the SPSF and offsite roleplay and are interested in them. This is good for getting interested people involved in the very things they want to do.

Iā€™ll also say that weā€™ve had some sort of major development with our manual recruitment program, but thatā€™s all I can say on that front for now.

3 Likes

I did see it, and I did fill it out, I will say that as well. I thought that was a really good idea! And the form was just excellent in general. :slight_smile:

Hmmmā€¦

Uses of Word Recruitment in Campaign by Candidate
* Counting one reference to ā€œcurrent SPSF recruitment methodsā€ (which do not include ā€œrecruitmentā€ in the sense being discussed here).

I can clarify that the Prime Minister supports getting the ball rolling on recruitment efforts.

The campaign is the campaignā€”all I can say is that itā€™s the official term now.