Office of the Cabinet

Eh, sure. “Events are fun and having fun builds regional culture” is a bit simplistic but it’s at least a plausible agenda, I suppose. For what it’s worth, I think that’s a more convincing answer than “I’m not very sure” :stuck_out_tongue:

During the campaign, the Ministry of Engagement was described as being responsible for “rapid outreach.”

Since taking office, the Minister of Engagement has:

• sent zero regional telegrams
  • posted once in an official capacity on the forums (answering questions from the Assembly)
  • sent two Discord announcements (seeking staffer applications and sending a survey)

In announcing their Cabinet nominations, the Prime Minister stated that the Minister of Engagement would be in charge of ensuring the Cabinet “engages actively with everyone on all fronts on happenings in the region.”

• What steps is the Cabinet taking to ensure that its communications engage with ‘everyone on all fronts’ in the region?
    • One dimension of this is the timing of announcements. The Minister of Defense announced a new event around six hours before it started this morning. That was a bit inconvenient for me; I would’ve preferred more than six hours of advance notice, especially because that announcement came in the middle of the night for me and the event started pretty much first thing in the morning. What steps is the Cabinet taking to ensure that it engages with members in different time zones?
    • During the campaign, the Prime Minister promised that the Cabinet would keep a calendar of upcoming events. Has such a calendar been made? Are most events added to the calendar?
    • Another dimension of this where announcements are made. The Ministry of Engagement survey was sent in a Discord announcement and in response to a question on the RMB. Unless I’m missing something, this survey has not been posted on the forums nor sent via regional telegram. What steps is the Cabinet taking to ensure that it engages with members on all platforms, as promised during the campaign?
  • This term has already seen events and policy announcements. The Prime Minister has voiced support for recruitment, although it did not feature in their campaign. The Ministry of Culture has launched a culinary contest. Was the Ministry of Engagement involved in ‘rapid outreach’ relating to these developments? What is the ministry’s approach for outreach regarding events or policy announcements?
  • I must once again ask: how does the Ministry of Engagement differ from a Ministry of Media? I’m not looking for an answer like “it’s not bloated” — that’s a reason why it’s a better media ministry, not a reason why it’s not a media ministry and deserves to be named something entirely different. As far as I can tell, the Minister of Engagement has communicated about little else other than news. They’ve sent a survey to “refine the content that will be included in the news publication.” They’ve stated that their main task was to “create a news dispatch to inform residents.” They’ve opened applications for staffers whose responsibilities will include “the writing of news stories for the region’s new newspaper” and “potential involvement in content creation […] for the newspaper.”
    • What is the Ministry of Engagement doing, other than working on a newspaper/newsletter, so as to not be a media ministry?
    • Why has the primary goal of the ministry shifted from “rapid outreach on all platforms” during the campaign, to “creat[ing] a news dispatch” (in the minister’s own words) during the term?