Citizenship Office

Welcome to the Citizenship Office, the hub for routine matters related to citizenship and the Citizenship Committee.

About the Citizenship Committee

The Citizenship Committee reviews applications to become a citizen. For more information, please refer to the Citizenship Act. For the current members of the Citizenship Committee, please refer to the appropriate group.

Citizenship Applications

If you would like to apply for citizenship, please complete the appropriate wizard.

List of Citizens

The current list of registered citizens of the Coalition is available on the citizens group page. For convenience, a list of citizens and of past removals is also available in a spreadsheet roster.

Note

The spreadsheet is provided for referential and record-keeping purposes and is indicative of neither citizenship status nor eligibility. For those purposes, please refer to the citizens group.

Leave of Absence Requests

If you would like to request a leave of absence as a citizen, please leave a reply to this topic using the following form. Please use the built-in “date” code functionality if you are able, or specify the start and end date, time, and time zone.

# Leave of Absence Request
**Start:**
**End:**
**Reason(s):**

An example of a leave of absence request is shown below.

# Leave of Absence Request
**Start:** [date=2024-06-02 time=06:00:00 timezone="Europe/London"]
**End:** [date=2024-06-09 time=21:00:00 timezone="America/Los_Angeles"]
**Reason(s):** Coalition Day celebrations

For further information, please refer to section 4(2) of the Citizenship Act.

Note

This topic is not for requesting a leave of absence from the Assembly; if you intend to request a leave of absence from both the Citizenship Committee and the Chair of the Assembly, you should do so separately.

Citizenship Nation Changes

If you would like to change your citizenship nation for the purposes of eligibility to retain citizenship, please leave a reply to this topic using the following form.

# Citizenship Nation Update
**Previous Nation:**
**New Nation:**
1 Like

Just making a note that I’m resigning from the Citizenship Committee. I’m not really doing my job lately and I don’t foresee a path back to regular CitCo activity for myself in the near-term.

October 2023 Eligibility Review

Under the requirements for continued citizenship eligibility established by Citizenship Act 2(2), the following users are no longer eligible.

Pursuant to Citizenship Act 4(2)a, the Citizenship Committee may grant leniency to otherwise active citizens who fail to vote during an election. At this time, the Citizenship Committee welcomes input from members of the public who believe that they or another member are otherwise active and should be granted leniency. Internal discussions about such grants of leniency are still ongoing.

Username Reason
@alphadoggo Did not vote
@Amerion Did not vote
@Benese Did not vote
@Bleakfoot Did not vote
@Cat3310 Did not vote
@Cordia Did not vote
@Decoy Did not vote
@EagerHazahmkong Did not vote
@Epiana Did not vote
@Evi Did not vote
@Farengeto Did not vote
@Flaming Nation not in region
@Greater_Lamero Did not vote
@Greeny1 Did not vote
@Henry_of_Artenia Did not vote
@i88beenz2 Did not vote
@im_a_waffle1 Did not vote
@Jebediah Did not vote
@KingTEM Did not vote
@Kinomanda Did not vote
@kjr51 Did not vote
@Klysevia Nation not in region
@Kobegr01 Did not vote
@Kotland Did not vote
@KpFavrisko Did not vote
@LordGianni Did not vote
@maluhia Did not vote
@minibuilder Did not vote
@NewGoldman Did not vote
@Nicholas Did not vote
@anon2602648 Did not vote
@Penguin Did not vote
@Poppy Did not vote
@prenationstates Did not vote
@Quebecshire Did not vote
@Quietdad Did not vote
@Qwert Did not vote
@Ranteron Did not vote
@Rivers Did not vote
@Roavin Did not vote
@Ryccia Did not vote
@Schoul Did not vote
@SolarLunar Did not vote
@The_Elysian_Empire Did not vote
@The_Rob Did not vote
@Tin Did not vote
@tsunamy Did not vote
@Weiland Did not vote

I’d like to throw myself at the mercy of the committee. Things have been quite busy IRL but I’ve been trying to get my activity up again.

And, I actually also requested an LOA because I knew I would be gone during the election period.

Just for the benefit of anyone who’s reading this topic and may be confused, the law provides for citizenship and legislator leaves of absence separately, in Citizenship Act 4(2) and Legislator Act 2(4) respectively. We absolutely will take the legislator LoA into account, but I did want to clarify why we considered it distinct from a citizenship LoA and still listed you in the previous post.

Hello, I have voted. Not sure if I missed something

I’ve verified that you were not in the list of voters who cast votes which the Citizenship Committee received from the Election Commissioner. @KrisKringle, are you able to confirm again?

I have no record of a vote, public or private, cast by @Cat3310 for the October 2023 Prime Minister Election.

Ohh I meant this October 2023 Chair of the Assembly Election | Declarations - #8 by Cat3310

My apologies, I was busy with a World Assembly proposal and forgot to vote on the Prime Minister election

October 2023 Chair Election Eligibility Review

Under the requirements for continued citizenship eligibility established by Citizenship Act 2(2), the following users are no longer eligible following the October 2023 Chair of the Assembly election. Users who were previously listed as ineligible for not casting a ballot in the October 2023 Prime Minister election have not been listed again.

Pursuant to Citizenship Act 4(2)a, the Citizenship Committee may grant leniency to otherwise active citizens who fail to vote during an election. At this time, the Citizenship Committee welcomes input from members of the public who believe that they or another member are otherwise active and should be granted leniency. Internal discussions about such grants of leniency are still ongoing.

Username Reason
@Altrio Did not vote
@EmC Did not vote
@Encaitar Did not vote
@Flaming Did not vote
@Galaxiel Did not vote
@Klysevia Did not vote
@Konsa Did not vote
@Maverick Did not vote
@North Did not vote
@USoVietnam Did not vote

I am sorry for not voting in the Chair election. Real life has picked up and I forgot that I needed to vote for the chair.

1 Like

I apologize for not voting for the chair election. Recently, real-life things have been busying me quite a lot. It made me spend less time here which then made me miss voting for the chair election.

1 Like

I have been on a leave of absence for most of the duration of the Chair election vote. Furthermore, the Citizenship Act 2(2)b states that citizens must “cast a ballot in all elections in which they are eligible to vote and are not on a leave of absence” to retain their citizenship. For this reason, I believe that I am still eligible for continued citizenship and dispute the findings of this review.

1 Like

You were on a leave of absence as a legislator, but not a citizen.

Pursuant to Citizenship Act 4(2), leaves of absence as a citizen are “subject to discretionary approval from the Citizenship Committee before the voting period for each election.” It follows that:

• You requested approval of a leave of absence from the Chair of the Assembly. As noted in the first post of this topic, that is distinct from requesting a leave of absence from the Citizenship Committee.
  • You requested a leave of absence after the voting period had already begun for the October 2023 Chair of the Assembly election. As such, it was not possible in any case for the Citizenship Committee to approve your leave of absence before the voting period of the election.

I want to make clear that we understand that this is a new system and that it may be confusing. As we stated when this issue came up a few days ago, we will absolutely take the legislator leave of absence into account when it comes to our discretionary power to grant leniency.

My apologies for not voting, I’ve been dealing with various irl stuff (including midterms) and it’s been tough keeping track of all my NS responsibilities.

1 Like

Apologies for not voting. I’ve been busy keeping track with the RMB and irl work and I seemed to have missed out on the vote.

1 Like

Given the ongoing discussions on decoupling voting in the Chair election with maintaining citizenship, due to the election’s voter base being solely legislators and serving solely legislators in an administrative position, as well as all members having otherwise been active in the Assembly and in the Coalition, I’d like to request leniency for all members who did not vote in the October 2023 Chair Election. This is not a request for leniency on the part of members who did not vote in the Prime Minister election.

I am sorry for not voting, but school life has started to become pretty packed with tests and study sessions so I wasn’t able to keep track of it.

CitComm is not a legislative entity, and I’m wary of wielding its discretionary power to effectively impose broadly different requirements than has been adopted by the Assembly. Regardless of what discussions are ongoing, I’m not sure it’s proper for CitComm to exercise its discretion based on what it feels the law ought to be, rather than what the law actually is.