The South Pacifican Investment Office

(Reviving this topic for new players and to re-initiate possible discussion on this topic in general. Going to do it first though.)

Basic metrics
Grand Duchy of Nasphilitae:

expand

Population: 17,775,000
Name of currency: Nasphiliti Pacifican Pound Sterling
Nominal GDP/GDP per capita: 915,322,715,419/10,820
Primary basis of economy: [Industry]
Economic structure: [Other: (Transitional Economy from Import Substitution Reindustrialisation)]
Trade policy: [Free trade] (from August 20th) [Limited protectionism] (until August 20th)

Foreign trade (This is why I’m reviving)

Can't be answered.

Ratio of total exported goods value to total imported goods value:
Can’t be known.
5 largest exports by total value:

1. You’d assume, since I have receipts of RPing this:
  2. Mechanical parts
  3. Biofuel
  4. Intermediary Machines
  5. Industrial Designs of Components

5 largest imports by total value, descending:

1. Well, this is an issue.
  2. Because everyone
  3. Roleplays a country
  4. That’s perfectly
  5. Self-sustainable.

Largest industries

Major industries:

1. Here’s a RP’d receipt.
  2. Here’s an ongoing one.
  3. Here’s the exchange service
    and the exchange services listing here png here as well:
    AGPSE_APSE Listing _LineChart.

Reviving Data Discussion:

– Data provided on countries has always been avoided because it’s hard to regulate in a manner which is satisfactory.
– However, the silently chosen solution of “if it’s unrealistic, just ignore it”, isn’t effective. This is observable by the fact that even realism/stat-oriented players inflate their countrys data. Because, as I’ve pointed out numerous times, Pacifica is extremely wealthy for how many wars and crisis it has.
– Which resulted, ultimately, in a trade RP mostly dying out or being shallow. The two options you go for is either perfect autarky or you make your countrys key trade partners also be their allies… The latter is worse but understandable because, you talk to players OOC and it’s easier to just build RP relations with people who will behave in a pattern you know to enjoy.
– However, while being understandable, it’s not justifiable.

Can this be addressed as to satisfy a consensus?

I believe yes. And I believe that the answer is inn automation.
What do I mean by that – Well, the Joint Service portfolio investment is a weak prototype of that.
If anyone is interested in how it’s automated, the TLDR is that I’ve used a simulation of the Lorenz meteorological formula, re-adjusting it to be adequate for the Listing in RStudio, and then placed “k” value arbitration in 3 weeks over the 2024 year. Then just used w/e to embed it into a graph.
While I know how the values will end up looking, there are two limitations which the half-automation self-inflicts on me when I RP:

1. It incentivises me to devise a story of why the “k” arbitrarion in April Week 1 will prioritise a favorable prediction for a company I hadn’t planned on being successful.

2. The values do increase by 300% of their mid-2023 prices by 2025. Spoiler alert btw. However, that does not mean that my RP countrys GDP or economic growth increases nearly as much.

2.1. How is that possible? Because increase value of revenue shares doesn’t really mean anything when you’re liberalising a formerly protectionist economic system. It should be noted that all “k” value volatilities also force me to decrease state burdens on the companies net income.

So how is that the solution?

It is for me, this works for me. I’m not advocating anyone else do this, unless you’re also a bit weird and find this type of RP fun. However, the pattern of challenges I’ve self-inflicted on my RP is where I believe the solution is for the general community.

TLDR: Data can be “fixed” by adding non-human automated variability which challenges the player to then explain it through RP.

This is just my opinion and experience.
I wish for discussion on this topic and plurality of opinions (particularly new solutions). I don’t find avoidance nor annoyance over something that can be fun particularly helpful for myself or others. With that in mind,

• What are some other “solutions” to the data topic which can be implemented and enjoyed?
  • If someone believes that global trade can be automated, you are correct. However, that would require too much work to code and upkeep. If the community wishes to do that, it’s free to attempt it.
  • However, I believe that something in-between full computational calculations with variability and interest in worldbuilding statistics through a storyline; Is ultimately much more enjoyable to both write and read.
  • Please do contribute.
2 Likes