PNN - Pacifican News Network

At 21:00 a terrorist attack happened in the city of Hermekion in Thalapadis’es northern most province. It was a suicide bombing, killing 4 people. The culprit is confirmed to be Rykapadian. The governor of the province had ordered increased police presence in the city to prevent this happening again

1 Like

The WCTA has agreed to temporarily suspend Thalapadis’s membership.
“Thalapadis will always be welcome in the WCTA, but at such a delicate stage in it’s creation, the WCTA may not survive an active member being embroiled in a costly civil war.”

When asked about the situation in Pelinai, an Ikaranarean official said:

“Look. I understand where they’re coming from. But Ikaranara has not made an official statement about the war, besides the fact that we will defend the Thalapadians if someone chooses to invade them, because let’s be honest, the Pelinese are not supporting self-determination here- they’re supporting terrorism. If the Neufolk are allowed to take up arms to “free” themselves, then what’s next? Were the RIM justified in Hazelia? Were they justified when they set off seven nuclear weapons in the territory they wanted to liberate? There were no referendums held here, no chance for peace- only bloody conflict brewed from hatred rather than a genuine wish for freedom. Let’s look at what this really is: some in Pelinai want to jump at the chance to exploit Thalapadis while it’s weak, perhaps to establish their own sphere of influence in Cordilia. If they really supported genuine long-term freedom and peace, they would call for a swift end to the conflict and peaceful referendums. But, no- it’s off to war. They say that our words are empty, but unlike Pelinai, Emerald is attempting, at least, to help Thalapadis draw its conflict to a close rather then prolong a war and prop up a government founded on a hate of their neighbors rather then a wish for freedom. If a single soldier, of any nation, lands in Thalapadis with intent of harming the sovereign state, they will meet Ikaranarean bullets- if that’s what it takes to ask for peaceful transition of power, if such a thing happens.”

2 Likes

The interim Ryccian government has transformed the Ryccian military presence in Valora to be one of “peacekeeping”, another sign the autocrats have lost Ryccian support. This comes after it is rumored that Ryccian and anti-autocratic Valoran diplomats informally discussed the matter in Grovne.

Contrary to all expectations, interim leader Lily Stloncht has stated she will not compete for the Prime Ministership nor as leader of the reunited Labour Party, the main party on the Ryccian left. Instead, she will run on her party’s legislative list for Parliament. It is expected she will be one of the highest-ranking candidates on said list.

The first public execution in over 400 years is scheduled, and only the 2nd time in FiHami’s history this obscure procedure has been enacted will be occurring on Sunday.

Finixi nationalists have gone crazy online, claiming that the priesthood has no place with the chiefhood. Historical precedence says otherwise.

Statement from the new Ha’Coron’ Hana Pua’shi follows below.

"Puani had approached the temple bearing body paint to resemble a burn scar. To someone who is not looking too closely it looked real. However, upon closer inspection, the paint becomes obvious. Based on historical precedent on the case of Kairu of Kikuri tribe and the declaration from the high priestess Ai’huah of the Kikuri tribe, Puani Kokostali shall be sentenced to death. She is under custody at the Temple dungeon until Sunday, where all are welcome to bear witness to the execution.

Now that I am the chief of FiHami, I will serve my position as Finix did, with duty to the nation. She was an astounding leader and servant to the nation, happy to put herself on the line for the nation. I shall do my best to serve as the same. Rather than ignore the issues this nation currently faces as the imposter has done, I will work with all to resolve them with the current prime minister Kilaui Kuri. Let us become a truly united nation, whether we are male or female, Antarchi or Finixi, rich or poor. Fri Hani!!!"

1 Like

A member of a radical fringe political group recently attempted to showcase Weisserstein’s unnecessarily strict and harsh laws by attempting to burn the Weissersteiner tricolor in a public square in the town of Brandenburg.

However, before being arrested by the police, he was beaten up by an angry mob just before the fire from his lighter hit the flag. Police arrived to break the fighting and the man was swiftly rushed to the hospital.

1 Like

The interim Ryccian government has condemned FiHami’s particular policy of public execution, considering the country’s peculiar method of capital punishment by pushing the convicted onto a volcano a “ridiculous and flagrant abuse of the basic human rights and basic decency of prisoners”. Ryccian officials urge the FiHamian government to “employ humane standards in the spirit of the Grovne Convention” when applying the death penalty.

2 Likes

The Spirasian Government, concerned about the Pelinese Fleet Build Up in the western Mediterranean, has severed any remaining ties with Pelinai, with reports of what remains of the Spirasian Peoples Navy, along with the Emeraldian 2nd Fleet, have begun to establish a “no-go” zone 30 miles off the Spirasian Coastline. Emeraldian Forces In Spiras, along with the Spirasian Army, have begun to set up naval defenses.

1 Like

Ikaranarean alert has been raised to Shield level 4, coin level 3. Shield 5 is used only when Ikaranarean territory is being actively invaded, and the coin level represents the mobilization of the navy.

Ikaranara has issued an emergency act barring all flights to and from Pelinai, except that of individuals who have Pelinese and Ikaranarean dual citizenship. Gorovo Alertz has yet to comment on the situation.

1 Like

An independent survey decided to interview 100 people from Kurzweise regarding the recent developments in Thalapadis and the ongoing political fallout.

Out of 100 questionnaires:

65 answered “again?”

78 calls for Weisserstein to help calm the situation

12 calls for Weisserstein to choose sides

1 says that “I am just trying to enjoy my ice cream can’t the world calm themselves once in a while?!”

1 says that "The world is a bit hot with all the tensions right now, so why not enjoy a nice Wände double-chocolate coated in hazelnut ice cream? Time for the world to become more chill.

Wände! Cool deserts for cool people!"

2 Likes

The Fedinschtag has announced a 3 day holiday.

There has been scattered reports of the ERNS Prince Edward Firing its VLS compliment after it AEGIS identified a RPN Vessel on an attack vector towards the Prince Edward. The RPN Vessel was confirmed hit by 4 “Seahawk” ship-to-ship missiles. Its Status is currently unknown as of this time.

1 Like

Weisserstein has called for everyone involved in the ongoing Thalapadis civil war to “…not escalate the conflict further. Cordilia has seen enough war and bloodshed in the Junta invasion of Doge Land. Let us not once again drown ourselves in a flood of blood.”

Yttria has expressed concern over how quickly some nations mobilized to try and engage in the Thalapadis civil war.

1 Like

In a televised speach Valentinos Antonides adresses the people of Pelinai. The government made sure that the speach is also broadcasted by radio and television satelites over Pelinai to counter possible attempts by their government to stop it being televised

He speaks in Pelinese Hinomoto. It isn’t perfect but it’s obvious that a serious effort was made

"47 years ago a tyrant came to power in Pelinai. The people ware opressed, devided up based on their nationality and religion, their freedom was taken away.

44 years ago you overthrew that tyrant, ensured a new age of freedom and prosperity for your nation, entered a new age.

How would you react if in 5 years that tyrant came back, if the SRB came back from the grave to take your liberty again?

That is what’s right now happening in Thalapadis. More than 1000 years ago a tyrant came to power in our fair isles. The people ware opressed, devided into casts for a millennium. Our religion was completely exterminated, together with many of our traditions. 30 years ago we decided to chalange our opressors, and we succeeded. It would have been easy for us then to decide we want to pay back our opressors, but we didn’t. The first line of the Thalapadian constitution says that all people in the nation, be it Rykapadians or Thalapadians, are to be equal, have equal opertunities and equal rights. Even in the fire of revolution, we respected the dignity and rights of our enemy. We overthrew a government, not a people. Heavy investments ware made to the underdeveloped province of Rykinisi, to bring it to the modern age. We gave them everything they needed, and now they are throwing rocks at us! With even ever asking for a peaceful solution, a referendum they took up arms against us. They ware given equal rights and opertunities, and now they want to take the same thing from us by iron and blood, bring us into a long gone dark age again! People of Pelinai, i will remind you that Rykinisi isn’t only populated by rykinisians, but thalapadians too, that lived there for generations. More than 30% of the population of the island is thalapadian. And how are they treated by the seperatists?! Like livestock, that’s how! We got reports this morning of hundreds of thalapadians being massacred by rykinisians, the people we spared those horrors in the revolution because they ware human. I fought in the revolution, i know what they ware doing to captured soliders, but i still refused to allow my forces to kill a single man that we captured.

People of Pelinai, we are bound together by fate! We ware both brutally opressed, we ware both deprived of basic human dignity. We both rose up and won our freedom by iron and blood, restored our old forms of government and removed our opressors. The thalapadian city states used to be democracies before the invasion that stripped us from that freedom."

Valentinos Antonides goes down to his knees

“I beg of you, people of Pelinai, to not be short sited, to look beyond the initial observation and look at the true meaning of events. Hopefully like that we will be able to restore our relations, and continue helping out each other, our 2 nations bound by the same fate. I hope you understand”

4 Likes

The Rhaynan government alerts to any nation planning to enter the Thalapadian conflict that doing so would be an attack to a LoC member government, and as such, a reaction against the intervening nations by the LoC would not even thought through.

It’s believed this message was directed specifically for Pelinai.

The government calls for the only support to Thalapadis being humanitarian aid and given to both sides.

4 Likes

A bill has been proposed to label Pelinai as a Rouge State for its military escalations involving Thalapadis. It is unknown if it will pass.

1 Like

(Báraarde)

President Zayden Watson, at his daily press conference, made comments about the civil war in Thalapadis. He stated throughout the press conference that “We sympathize with the people of Thalapadis—we know what it is like to be stuck in a bloody civil war over petty squabbles. We hope that the government of Thalapadis and the illegitimate Rykinisian state reach an agreement to avoid more death.”

The President then condemned the systematic genocide of Thalapadians by Rykinisians. He also condemned the human rights violations of the Rykinisians.

(Doge Land)

While eating breakfast at a small cafe near the government plaza in Doge Land City, Interim President Boss Man was ambushed by the press to make a statement on the Thalapadian civil war. It was obvious he was avoiding the topic at his press conference yesterday, and the press wanted to know what he had to think.

“It’s their own fault for getting stuck in a civil war. While we do sympathize with their struggles, we nearly had a civil war here a year ago but we were able to deescalate the conflict, and in the end, everyone won. I also see this as a failure of the League of Cordilia. While the leaders of League nations are sitting in their armchairs whining about how Pelinai is trying to defend its interests, there are actual people out there dying. What should have happened is the League should have stepped in while tensions were rising and try to defuse them. If this kind of behavior keeps up, I don’t see how the League could last until the end of the year. Fortunately, that is not my problem. What matters to me is right here—Doge Land. As far as I’m concerned, we are doing perfectly fine and are poised to enter 2023 stronger and better than ever. Now let me eat in peace.”

King Akif Khan Of Folhagem has just entered a civil war with Communist rebels
they are planning to take over all of Folhagem and other Cities. Another news
is that a accident has happened in Folhagem in a nuclear facility a nuke got lit
by hydrogen and Fire.
King Akif Responds.
“People are dumb these days HOW DID THEY LIT UP A NUKE JUST HOW??
WE ARE GONNA STOP DUMB PEOPLE and we are gonna test every facility
worker like John Crot he lit up a GUN in the facility not even helping at all.
And Now we have to address this situation with rebels Everyday they want to
take over Folhagem we will use strong force to kick them out of Folhagem
with OUR MASSIVE Military.”