PNN - Pacifican News Network

(Ooc: we’ll see a bit later it’s too early, but I’ll prob request air support as my air force is basically non existent)

1 Like

Jahpvhet Idryoi, incumbent Regency-Representative of the Council of 26 has issued “Bindning Letters of Temporary Policy” to both Aneta Duhoboli (Viliakmoni delegate in LoC) and Dr. Igor Radavisck (Viliakmoni delegate and ambassador to WF).
Their contents address the developing situation in Thalapadis;

“It is my duty to first inquire from you information regarding the question of: What is being discussed as a responsive measure within the League of Cordilia and the World Forum concerning Thalapadis. If there is no initiative taken for a peacekeeping mission to be assembled and positioned before the conflict escalated, then it is my duty to order the both of you to initiate such proposals yourselves, within your respective organizations. It is not in the interest of Viliakmon for these oscilations to go under the radar, like before.”

Dr. Igor Radavisck has responded with
“Dear Regent-Representative, nothing is being discussed at the moment as the situation has just begun. However, I do not reject to comply with your order - I am simply informing you that such a task is impossible.
Firstly, because I had been sent to demote the status of Viliakmon in the WF to that of an observer.
Secondly, if initiated by Viliakmon, no other state would take part, namely because Viliakmon cannot engage in any form of conflict during the Regency, as stated in Decree 7, so why would others nations intervene while the nation which has called for such an intervention does nothing?”

(OOC: Alright, works with me)

1 Like

The Efladian Foreign ministry has lowered the DEFREL to normal status again.

The SECRIL of Thalapadis has been raised to 5 “Imminent danger to Efladian citizens or Eflad”

• All Efladian citizens are advised to prepare for evacuation and to go to the nearest Efladian Embassy.
  • Eflad Air Force will be evacuating all Efladian citizens ASAP

The Joint Royal Ambassador of the Peocracy of Huawan and the Peonic Commonwealth of Arnchow has recalled its expatriates currently living in Thalapadis, and issued a travel warning to Thalapadis.

Current talks in the Royal Peonic Council of Diplomacy and Foreign Affairs are going on to respond to the current events in Thalapadis.

Amberholde: When approached, President Miranda denied there was a Ministerial crisis in the Government. When approached with the same question, Prime Minister Saunders confirmed there is a Ministerial crisis in the Government.

The Foreign Ministry of Kliegme, after recieving information of the escalation of conflict, has declared a Travel ban on Thalapadis until the conflict ends. It has also declared the embassy to Thalapadis’ intention to evacuate from Thalapadis as soon as the evacuation is complete.

“Is she even a real chief?”

Priestess Hana Pua’shi spoke out against Puani Kokostali’s comments regarding the passing of the late High Priestess this morning. The full statement can be read below.

“Since her supposed ‘ignition’ Puani has been nothing but detrimental to FiHami. She’s too busy focusing on looking pretty and not helping the community as countless chiefs before her have done. Is she even a real chief?”

She would then fire a direct statement to Puani.

“Puani, how dare you. How dare you. You have not seen what my eyes have seen. You have lived nothing but a life of luxury and to this day continue to do so. Did you even cry when ki Ha’Coron’ passed in front of your very eyes?”

The historic Luthor homestead has gone up in flames outside Ha’Hani. The residents, Kylie and James Luthor, were discovered dead at the scene.

FiHami law enforcement are investigating the scene due to civilian reports of underground human trafficking, but nothing is confirmed at this point in time.

In views of the current crisis in Thalapadis, the Rhaynan government called for all rhaynans citizens in the nation to come back home. Although a small percentage it’s booking flights back to Rhayna, most of the citizens in Thalapadis replied that they were staying.

Dimitra Kanelide, an Alla-gyan that left to Thalapadis because of her studies, stated: “Yes, I’m Rhaynan, but I’m Aegean and a Thalapadian student too. So like, I can’t just leave like that, you know? I live here, so I will help my fellow brothers.”

Also, Haris Manou, a Rhaynan citizen that went to Thalapadis to visit his family in the country, replied: “Leaving? Leaving my family to their luck? No f*cking way! I wasn’t educated as a coward! My parents gave me everything in Thalapadis, and now it’s my time to repay everything to my parents and to the place where I grew up, if I left I wouldn’t be able to live with it.”

Finally, Hera Sallea, a Néa-gyan citizen that left to Thalapadis for the job opportunities, declared: “They are our brothers in blood and history, so leaving them would be like the biggest treason possible, I would die when I came back to Néa-gy. How would I, like, even tell my mom? I’m staying here, like, no rikapadian will steal my life just because of who I am! They can go back to Ryccia if they hate us so much!”

The Rhaynans living in UPRAN, specially in the cities of Rhayna, call for immediate response from the government.

At the moment the only response was by Prytanis Boutros Georgiou: “Sadly, I believe they don’t really know the dangers of being involved in the civil war, it isn’t some kind of play, there’s real blood. But, they have decided by their own volition they wanted to stay and I endorse that, we will not allow rebels to do harm to a part of ourselves. We will do everything in our hands to support the legitimate government of Thalapadis.”

The Imperial Government of Weisserstein has issued temporary evacuation for Weissersteiners living in Thalapadis to return home in light of the ongoing conflict.

The Imperial Minister of Foreign Affairs has issued a statement calling for both sides of the conflict to “…reach a peaceful settlement… to prevent another bloodbath happening in Cordilia.”

1 Like

The thalapadian minister of foreign affairs adresses Pelinai’s concerns

"The full blockade of Rykinisi is a temporary measure, expected to last around a week, untill everything is in position and situation is more clear. After that it is expected to be changed to a partial one. Food products, humanitarian aid and such will be allowed to pass, but to stop arms smuggling all ships shall be searched. The government of thalapadis itself will also provide the islanders with humanitarian aid, we aren’t fighting the civilians. Even if we wanted Rykipadians to starve around 30% of the Island’s population is Thalapadian, do we’d be starving our own people. "

2 Likes

Esfalsan guided missile submarine ENS Paltoroga was reportedly spotted in international waters off the western coast of northern Cordilia.

The Merimang Group

“The provisionary, ceremonial figureheads acting as Viliakmon government in Ochridae have shown incompetence in both defending their own territory and interacting with the international environment.”

I call upon the WF to lead an adequate response towards a civil war in Thalapadis; I oblige PMC EXilitary to fully participate in peace-keeping missions as envisioned by the WF, conditional on recalling Dr. Igor Radavisck as the Delegate of Viliakmon in favour of recommending a Merimang Group Member as replacement.

We wish to inquire on ‘What Esfalsa maritime vessels are doing so far from their territorial waters?’ but demand that, if provided, the inquiry be answered publicly."

-Dr. Leksandra Panteliev, International Representative of The Merimang Group and Secretariat of FIBR Institute for Biochemical Research.

intflag

President Rilv commented on the Thalapadis civil war.
“Cordilia has just come out of a brutal war already, yet here we are in another one. Western Cordilia needs stability, not shed blood. Look, I don’t live in Thalapadis, I don’t know the situation that lead to this, but you’re fighting yourself. Even if you win, you still lose.”

The thalapadian armed forces have confirmed that the battle of Thermopetri has begun

1 Like

The collective Finixi priesthood has called for Puani Kokostali to verify the veracity of her claim to the chiefhood this morning following an emergency meeting called by Finixi priestess Hana Pua’shi, who has unofficially been declared the interim high priestess.

The current chief is to report to the Temple of the Sun no later than the end of today. Should she fail to show up, or the claim is verified as false, there will be a warrant out for the arrest and execution of Puani Kokostali.

Should the current chief be executed, the interim high priestess will be declared chief, and the most senior priest shall be the high priest.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs criticised the Efladian decision to trial an editor of Die Lupe for treason after publishing an article on a secret nuclear weapons program. “This is a serious attack on the freedom of press and freedom of information for the democratic public”, the statement read.
While not being proposed officially, there are high chances, Weler will be offered political asylum in Gianatla together with his family, if he wishes for it.

Nicholas and Great Britain has begun testing neutron bombs.

In another statement, the MoFA also commented on the latest news from Thalapadis and NAGB, calling the situations “unnecessarily dangerous”. In terms of Thalapadis, the Gianatlan government has expressed support for the official government to fight the racist insurgents. To coordinate potential help, Gianatla called for a session between CE members on the matter.

Ikaranara has stated that if any nation were to attack Thalapadis in its current state, Ikaranara would have to respond in defense. Many Ikaranarean citizens showed concern at the Pelinese’s actions and public opinion, one stating “Those Pelinese need to stay in the East. Leave Cordilia for the Cordilians.”

2 Likes