PNN - Pacifican News Network

A Presidential Decree signed today has approved the presentation of the Order of Honour to Aleksandr Nam, commending his nonstop air-balloon flight around the world, which has set a record.

2 Likes

18:00, Thermopetri, province of Rykinisi, Thalapadis

A large crowd gathers at the old imperial palace. It’s a political relly. The act is illegal, as it brakes pre electorial silence, a important part of thalapadian democratic tradition. It’s lead by the neufolk freedom party, a far right party dominated by Rykapadians (calling themselves by the old imperial name neufolk). The leader of the party, Van Mathis, who comes from a old noble line, is holding a speach, but he’s clearly heavily under the influence of alcohol. In it he’s bashing the government and the congressional republic and praising the monarchy, to the point of hate speach. He’s also calling for a change saying that if he becomes the governor of the province that he’ll end the “agean dominion” over it and promote old ways. He ends the speach by starting to sing “Androu the butcher”, a monarchist song bashing the first president of congress, grand admiral Constantine Androu. The crowd joins him.

Eventually the police arives and scatters the people, aresting Van Mathis by the charges of causing public unrest, hate speach, and braking pre electorial silence. As he’s being taken away he yells for his followers to save him, but in the chaos none have a chance to act. He’s transported to the police station to be in custody untill the sceduled court case

The supreme court of Thalapadis confirms the suspected: Van Mathis is legally not allowed to run for office while under arrest. The NFP scrambles to find someone to replace him, but the damage is done, most recent polls show that NFP will loose the election to the party curently leading the government.

The vice president of the NFP is calling for the release of Van Mathis “by any means necessary”. Torches are starting to get lit…

(Forgot to send these two into here so am sending them both at once now)

1 Like

Prytanis Boutros Georgiou stated in a press roll: "It’s sad to see our fellow historical brothers to get their respect butchered in such a way by antidemocratic and hateful individuals, and even more by supposedly respected politician who’s job is doing the best for all the people in Thalapadis. We hope the best for the Thalapadian government and Thalapadian people against this wave of hatred and disrespectful behavior against their culture, history and identity."Prytanis Boutros Georgiou stated in a press roll: “It’s sad to see our fellow historical brothers to get their respect butchered in such a way by antidemocratic and hateful individuals, and even more by supposedly respected politician who’s job is doing the best for all the people in Thalapadis. We hope the best for the Thalapadian government and Thalapadian people against this wave of hatred and disrespectful behavior against their culture, history and identity.”

Breaking News: Investigative news magazine has published a bombshell article “Secret of a decade” on Eflads nuclear weapons.

BREAKING NEWS

High Priestess Shi’a Kaisifi was found dead inside the Temple of The Sun this morning. The cause of death is unknown at this time.

The High Priestess was born in Ha’Hani during the Antarchi rule in 1942. She was a Finixi prophetess who told of the coming of a revolution led by a great fire falcon, and was honored with the title of High Priestess in 2005 by the revolutionaries. After 2019, Ha’Coron’ Finix Fi’Shi would award her a headdress for her work in fostering FiHami’s spiritual heart and history of service to the Finixi people.

Puani Kokostali has already commented on the High Priestess’ passing.

“Well she was old anyways. Probably just died of old age.”

Prime Minister Kilaui Kuri has mandated that FiHami’s flags be flown at half-mast in honor of the late High Priestess until next Wednesday.

Puani Kokostali is expected to nominate the next High Priestess from the current Finixi priests by next Wednesday.

Finixi Nationalist groups across the nation appear to be celebrating the death of “a Finixi traitor”, likely due to her work on race relation reparations.

This is a developing news story. More information will be released as it becomes available.

4 Likes

Provincial elections in thalapadis have officially started. People heas to the voting booths to chose their representatives in provincial assemblies and governors. A mob is starting to gather in front of the police station where Van Mathis is being held, demanding his release

2 Likes

10:30am, Thermopetri, province of Rykinisi, Thalapadis

A large mob has formed in front of the police station where Van Mathis is being held, some people are armed. They are demanding the release of Van Mathis and becoming agresive. A SWAT team is deployed to keep them in order, but they’re getting overwhelmed.
Suddenly, the mob brakes trough the line of police officers. Rubber bullets are shot on them, but it’s no use.

1 Like

The atempt to transport Van Mathis via helicopter to a more secure location failed as the mob got to the heli pad before the helicopter could take off. The national guard has been called in and is sorounding the police station in a stand off. Van Mathis is using the chance to hold a speach:

“Brothers, why are you standing against each other? Aren’t we all Neufolk? Aren’t we all living under Agean opression? They’ve took our our power away, our status that was held for centuries. Haven’t they also taken the royal family, our pride, who ware the best of us, and slaughtered them like pigs! Now they’re also stealing our government! The election is a fraud people! How come the most major center of Neufolk on the island is voting Agean! My arrest was fabricated to support their goal to crush us! Now it’s not the time to be light hearted! I call on you all to march with me to Thermopetri military base, the army will join us or it will show the world that we’re right!”

The national guard unit unit starts to brake apart as the Rykapadian officer orders them to stand down. Van Mathis has scored a victory. The thalapadian solider tho refuse to follow the order, citing the law that allows them to do so to orders that are treasonous. They retreat lead by a lower rank officer. This is becoming more than a riot, a full on revolution

1 Like

13:00, Asimipoli, capital district, Thalapadis

Valentinos Antonides declares a state of national emergency and orders the armed forces to mobilize. A emergency meeting is called, major army commanders, navy admirals and Antonides are attending it.

The congressional Neufolk freedom party cuts all ties with Van Mathis, declaring that they will create a new party.

Congress unanimously declares Van Mathis a enemy of the state, anyone supporting him will be tried for treason

1 Like

The interim Ryccian government has released a statement, calling for the cessation of all hostilities in Thalapadis to restore peace and stability in the region.

The Minister of Defence and the public prosecutor general (Generalstaatsanwalt) have commented on the recent article by the investigative news magazine Die Lupe (see here):
GSA: “We had the suspicion that the editors of Die Lupe, by publishing the article “Secret of a decade” had committed treason (ea: Landesverrat, ed.) To verify, we asked the Defence Ministry for a report. After the document reached us this morning, we had made the following decision: On behalf of the state, a complaint against the editorial staff of Die Lupe has been filed.
We have a search warrant for the Die Lupe Headquarter office, as well as an arrest warrant against Anton Weier. A search was conducted starting earlier this morning. For further information please contact my office or the police chief.”
MoD:
“Like the GSA said, we have written a report on Die Lupe’s article and had come to the conclusion that the facts in their article were obtained through material with the highest confidentiality category. It was therefore our conclusion that Die Lupe has committed treason. At this point I will not comment on any questions regarding the article. Thank you for your time.”

All delegates from the belligerents of the Valoran War have arrived in Grovne to begin peace negotiations. As the interim Ryccian government has withdrawn its support from the autocrats and is attending as a separate side, it is expected that their position is the weakest among all of the factions.

1 Like

The office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs has released a statement calling for pacification in Thalapadis. Quote: “Bloodshed never achieves anything!” Eflad also offered to send mediators to help diffuse the situation.

1 Like

Amberholde: Rev. Ronald Padilla has stepped down as Prime Minister after pressure from the Amber Anglican Bishops’ Conference to do so. Rev. Padilla took over from Julia Hammond a week ago on Monday. Deputy Prime Minister Nolan Saunders succeeds him.

15:00 Thermopetri military base, province of Rykinisi, Thalapadis

The mob has arrived at Thermopetri military base. Van Mathis calls for the soliders to swear allegiance to the revolt. The man in charge of the base is general Spiro Zappilis, a veteran of the thalapadian revolution.

" I shall not bow to any revolt, especially one of the people i faught against for freedom of my state." He says and orders the army to prepare for battle. There are 3 commanders in the room together with him, all Rykapadians, born and raised on the island.

" I will not fight my own people" one of them stands up and declares
“You don’t have a choice. They are enemies of the state in open rebellion”
“A state that basically opresses them”
“Since the war you have been treated equally to thalapadians”
“Tell that to someone else. I am not killing my own people”
“Then you’re refusing orders. After this is over you will be in trouble. You two, get him out of here and relay the orders to the soliders”

The other two comanders stand up, but don’t move
“We agree with him”
“This is mutiny!” Zappilis exclaimes
One of the comanders pulls out a handgun and points it at him
“This is us fighting for our people. Put your hands behind your head, you’re going outside with us”
Not having a firearm on himself, he is forced to do so. The commanders take him outside and force him to kneel on the ground.

“Open the gates, we’re letting them in. The time for our people to rise again has come.”
“Sir this is open mutiny against the state you swore alegence to, swore to protect” a thalapadian solider says
“You will follow orders, private”
“Not from someone commiting treason” he says and pulls his gun up
Two rykapadian soliders come to try to disarm him
“Tuch me and I’m blowing his head off!” He anwsers
More and more soliders follow his move, untill the base is locked in a stand off between thalapadians and Rykapadians
Bang
A rykapadian solider shoot general Spiro Zappilis. He falls over, the first victim of the war
A full battle in the base follows. The mob outside uses the chance and brakes in. Soon the resistance of the thalapadian soliders is ended, and the floor of the base is covered by blood.
The war has begun

1 Like

President Rilv has proposed puting the finalization of the West Cordilian Trade Alliance on hold.

“The whole point of it is to promote economic stability, something that simply won’t come from a civil war. As the details haven’t been agreed upon by the member nations yet, there is no loss in waiting. However, I must express my profound disappointment in this escalation, abd hope the situation in Thalapadis can find a peaceful resolution.”

Amberholde: New Prime Minister Nolan Saunders has become the oldest person to hold the office in Amber history at 83 years old. The Prime Minister assigned Mollie Byers as Deputy Prime Minister.

When learning about the situation in Thalapadis, Gorovo Alertz reportedly said “Can we go 2 months without a crisis?”

1 Like

The Foreign Ministry of Kliegme has declared an evacuation of Kliegmean Citizens in Thalapadis, whom will be transported back to Kliegme via civillian ships of Kliegmean nationality.

The Starhawk Pact has ordered the Evacuation of all Emeraldian, Denverian, Spirasian, and Nova Colradian Citizens from Thalapadis.

The Union Minister Of Foreign Affairs has offered the Thalapadian Government Assistance in dealing with this potential revolution.

(OOC: @killermantiss Is it fine with you if the Starhawk Pact gets Involved?)