The Zimbron Republic

[Image: Zimbron-Republic-Ultimate-Final.png]
News > Sports > Football
Gridiron football coach Ted Caddel appointed as AFC Brimond’s new coach
By Adrian Comeaga, 13th September 2022.

Coach Ted Caddel at his latest press conference. Source: AFC Brimond.

The Sallodesian Premier League fans are baffled at AFC Brimond’s latest decision to change their team’s coach. Former coach Lucas Cole was fired two weeks ago after the AFC Brimond barely avoided relegation after two tenuous football seasons. However, neither experts nor fans expected to hear the news that a gridiron football coach would take up Cole’s position in the football club. Many have taken to social media to voice their unfiltered concerns, shunning the decision. A small fraction of Brimond fans however have gained a soft spot for the new coach after the discovery of coach Caddel’s dance moves with his former gridiron football team. Most notably, coach Caddel was able to seize victory from Crayford’s Cranky Crayfishes’ three year winning streak together with his Howling Hounds from Tarleigh State University in the Supreme College Gridiron Football League.

Read also:

• Myrian Open racks new golf players
  • The Oryxes’ plan to win the next World Cup
  • The Cranky Crays lose three year winning streak
  • Simona Cocis qualifies for finals at Tinari Masters

The fact remains though, that coach Caddel has never coached a football team before and the sudden change in sports has taken everyone aback. Including coach Caddel. “Well I’m sure my boys at Tarleigh State University will continue to make me proud, AFC Brimond has given me this unique opportunity which I just couldn’t turn down.” Stated coach Caddel at his latest press conference. “It’ll certainly be a challenge to all of us, but I’m confident we’ll be able to turn things around for the club. Go Brimond!”

While Caddel brought unwavering optimism to the press conference, many still are uncertain coach Caddel knows the responsibility on his shoulders. As technical questions arose, it became clear coach Caddel had no knowledge of terms like off-site, play-off nor hat-trick. Brimond’s administration has as of yet refused to release a statement as to why coach Caddel was chosen to replace coach Cole. Forcing both press & fans to face Caddel’s foolish optimism. It certainly is a unique move, but one that never has been done successfully before. With the Sallodesian Premier League set to start again, Caddel will be facing reality really soon. Whether Caddel’s optimism will turn into victory or defeat for Brimond remains yet to be seen.

1 Like