The Zimbron Republic

[Image: Zimbron-Republic-Ultimate-Final.png]
News > World > Cordillia > Rycco-Cordilian War
Sallodesian ace ‘Sky Bunny’ born in Cordilian skies
By Jacques Verdoorn, 9th September 2022.

A Lockheed Austin SF-22/C Sea Harrier captured doing a fly-by over the R.S.S. Nathaniel R. Kershaw. Source: Navy Air Force of the Republic of Sallodesia.

The Sallo-Andrendian lightning attack against the Ryccian junta has created a wave of support within the international community. Especially members of the League of Cordilia have voiced their support for the Republic’s intervention. Indeed, this conflict is also a combat test for Sallodesian military investments from the past decades. It’s no secret Sallodesia has kept a rather secluded international policy in the last decade, but it has continued to innovate its military arsenal and continues to do so to this day. Subsequently, it seems this effort has paid off as the Sallodesia Navy Air Force confirmed the reports of an ace in a day.

Navy Air Force Captain Michael C. ‘Sky Bunny’ Hodges of the 27th Navy Squadron is the ace in question. A battle-hardened Sallodesian fighter pilot well over his 40’s that still proves his generation has a few tricks up their sleeves. Cptn. Hodges is the Squadron Leader of Sallodesia’s sole squadron of Lockheed Austin SF-22/C Sea Harriers. This carrier version of the Sallodesian fifth generation stealth air superiority fighter has been hailed as a contender for this decade’s best fighters, but hasn’t seen many combat deployments. However, this isn’t the most astonishing aspect of yesterday’s events. That goes to the fact that Cptn. Hodges was able to down two fifth generation Ryccian fighters alongside three fourth generation Ryccian fighters. Making it one of the rare instances where fifth generation fighters have been documented in dogfights.

Read also:

• 5 Stoinian Denvari Civil War veterans to receive Medal of Virtue
  • Global support arrives in Doge Land
  • UKED aces from the Denvari Civil War
  • Ryccia’s Destiny: a Looming Conundrum

Captain Michael C. ‘Sky Bunny’ Hodges at a Weapons Flight School graduation in 2012. Source: Redacted.

“I don’t believe we can speak of large technological discrepancies between us and the Ryccians.” Reported Cptn. Hodges in a short statement. “From what I’ve seen their fighters are just as good as ours. I think I’ve just been granted a stroke of luck really. Sure I’ve plenty of real world experience, but any fifth gen on fifth gen dogfight is poised to be tense. Despite the technological advancement, the essence of dogfightinging remains with the man or woman inside the cockpit.”

Cptn. Hodges will continue to serve in the Rycco-Cordilian War. Morale certainly has increased since the news came out and Cordilian allies seem enjoy to enjoy the boost as well. The impact of this news on the Ryccian junta is unknown as of yet, but experts say the junta will retaliate by either discarding the Sallodesian claims, put forward a story of their own ace or outright deny the story. Regardless of the Ryccian response yet to come, Sallodesia is determined to end the fight and prove both their martial spirit and technological prowess to the world.