The Young and The Old (Galactya-Union Of Emerald first contact)

The true attack began. Missiles were shot at the AAUs, releasing large ElectroMagnetic Pulses and temporarily disabling them. Torpedoes like the ones the Battle Of The Foreseas had shot during first contact a couple of days ago were also fired, hurdling towards the re-entering orbital stations. Luckily, all stations had already passed the Planetary Shield generated by the outermost orbital ring, so the projectiles intended to damage them instead hit the shield and bounced back like a ball hitting a wall of solid stone.

The shuttles and all the undamaged AAUs were about to open fire, when suddenly, the attack… stopped. All of a sudden, the enemy ceased fire, as if they had realized their mistake in this situation. Could it be possible that the Capitan had made it?

1 Like

John looks out the bridge windows, seeing the Fighters returning to the Carrier and the Weapons ceasing fire on all vessels. He hails the Battlecruiser.

“Attention, this is Captain John Xanderson of the UES Battle Of The Foreseas CS-1993/13, authentication code #121418-JHX, Lead Union Vessel, please respond.”

“We read you Captain, I am Rear Admiral David Ludov, currently in command of the UES Colradia BC-102/2, and all ResCom Vessels of the 3rd Fleet. It is pleasing to know that the Foreseas was not stripped and that you are engaging in peaceful first contact.”

“I was engaging in first contact, until your fleet arrived. As you are now the highest Union Naval Officer in this space, I advise you to come down to the planet below and visit the Galactyan Emperors, along with the Captains of the other ResComFleet Vessels.”

“I Agree, I will touch down near where your crew is currently located in a Vulture Class Dropship, Now, I don’t really care what their custom is, but I WILL be followed by Armed Marines and carry a fully active plasma pistol.”

“I will tell the Galactyans to NOT fire at your dropship now.”

John heads down to the teleporter and using the same pick up coordinates, teleports back to the Galatyan Emperors.

“Greetings your majesties, I have managed to convince the Rear Admiral to cease fire, but per Union Protocol, it is required that he and the other captains of the ResComFleet Vessels must be here. They will fly in via a Dropship, Do Not fire at it. It may cause an intergalactic war if you do… or the orbital bombardment of Galactya and the destruction of your navy, the Emerald Class Battlecruiser is very well made, but it also has the strongest transmitters in the entire Union Navy, which means your nebula won’t do jacksh*t and you could have the whole Union Navy bearing down on you. So, please, for the love of god, Do Not Fire at that Dropship.”

2 Likes

“What, do you think we’re stupid?! Of course we won’t fire at that thing! War is the last thing we want!”

“And yet, they managed to be so unorganized that you attacked… the… Capital. The fucking Capital. Ohh holy star I need to drink some Jolpinamb later.”

“Same… same…ANYWAYS, let’s go greet your alien friends at the Spaceport. I swear to the Comet if I see another single violent act today I’ll become violent myself.”

As Xanderson walked through the Imperial Garden towards the SpacePort, accompanied by a now massive amount of guards and two StarLight Guardians, he looked at the two towering royals. They were much more down to Earth than he thought they’d be. It was… nice.

After a while, the dropship tracked at the spaceport, and the aliens started descending from the hangars, Xanderson went forward to greet them.

2 Likes