The Young and The Old (Galactya-Union Of Emerald first contact)

“Artificial Intelligence is precise, reliable and fast. As much as we trust our military and citizens, some operations should always be carried out in the most reliable way possible.”

“As I said before, the attack of the Exploration Units was just a retaliation to the attack of one of your soldiers. And as for the Automatic Attack Unit, we tried to stop the protocol, but it was too late.”

“Regardless of this, the Capital will never let you send another vessel in Galactyan Territory. It’s already not certain that they’ll react well, so I doubt that pushing things like this will end up well for you. A request like that might put you in the actual containment sector of a Containment Station, and trust me, you don’t want that.”

Rettnis stops for a bit and thinks to himself. Then an idea.

“Okay, here’s what we can do. I can ask the Governor to negotiate with the Capital to let you keep your weapons, but you will have to deactivate them, at least temporarily. After the TrackerRing brings this ship to Galactya, it will be repaired and outfitted with technologies capable of exiting the Nebulae. Then you’ll be let go and you can return back to your StarNation.”

“Does that sound better?”

“Oh and also, how is just 10 years a long time for you? Oh… wait. Your species doesn’t live much past 100 years now, does it.”

3 Likes

“Yes, but they can also be reckless and too calculating, hell, thats the exact reason AI has been limited to only ship operations.”

“Sgt. Rivers attacked because he viewed the units as boarding the vessel, and as commander at arms, it’s his job to make sure boarding operations either never happen or are countered.”

“I sort of expected that, it was worth a shot, but can we at least send back a transmission just to tell them two things: 1. We are currently in Galactyan Space, and will send attached coordinates for a Diplomatic Delegate to arrive after the Battle Of The Foreseas leaves for Emerald and 2. That we are currently in safe hands.”

“That can work, although, is it fine if the Engineering Division stays behind? It’s so they can guide you on repairing the ship and making sure the new tech doesn’t screw something else up.”

“You kidding me? Pacificans can make 80, maybe 90 if your lucky, but as Navy members, it will be lucky if we make it to 60 years old.”

3 Likes

“Then I understand your aggression, or more properly, your retaliation. Again, we are sorry.”

“And yes, I think the Capital will probably let you briefly contact your StarNation if you do so without calling any other ship. And in regards to your second question, the Engineering Divison will probably be allowed to stay behind. Although it’s for the Emperors to choose, not me. To actually know, we have to wait the Ring’s arrival.”

“Oh, really? Just…90?! Hell, that’s such a short lifespan. Eheh, come to think of it, it’s like a tenth or less of ours. For example, the youngest Galactyan in this room is scientist Seraphimin to my left, who is 165 years old. I, instead, am 672.”

2 Likes

“Holy Hell! You’re older than the Union Of Emerald! You’re more on par with the Old Denvari Empire of Pacifica, which lasted from 1066 to 1682. Wait… Why did you say emperors plural? Who the hell is your leader exactly? Good, because I have a feeling that the Union Government is concerned about where the hell we even ended up after the Ryccia and Stoinia incidents.”

An ensign then brings John a data chip. He plugs it in to the holotable, the Holotable suddenly displays info about Pacifica, Pacificans, and more specifically, the United Kingdom’s Of Emerald and Denver, along with the Starhawk Pact.

“What you are looking at is a projection of the South Pacific Area of the planet of Pacifica, My species ancestral home, along with Info about the Denvari Home Nations, Including the United Kingdoms of Emerald and Denver, The Kingdom Of Spiras, The Cimbrian Confederation, The Kingdom Of Stoinia, and the United Republic Of Goutafelo, although, those last two peoples are considerably smaller in number compared to the other main ones. Shows a patch on his shoulder As you can see, I am of Cimbrian Descent, which represented by the flag patch. You will recieve this info, along with info concerning Union History, and Universal Translator Tech. The data will be both in Pacifican Languages such as Austral, Tarnian, and Cimbrian and your language.”

2 Likes

“Oh my, really? Then your StarNation is so young! Us Galactyans have been swimming through the stars for almost 6000 years now!”

“As for your question about our rulers, we have two Emperors. Emperor Nixhoeils and Empress Karheismas. Well technically there’s also another one, but I can’t really tell you about it.”

“Wait. All of these StarNations are all YOUR species? Uh. That’s… weird. What could have to happen for a single race of beings to divide and spread so much around the Sector?”

“Also, if we’re telling each other where we come from, I might as well say it too.

Rettnis motions Yirnis to show again the 3d map and set it to political mode. Instead of the density of the Nebulae, what can be seen now are thousands and thousands of small lights, representing colonies, and at the center a bigger one representing Galactya. Rettnis points his finger towards it.

“Galactyans started out from the planet of Galactya, around the binary star system Crus-Lux, which is right there in the center. But none of us in this room are actually from there. Instead, we were born on the various different Galactyan colonies.”
“Also, we all belong to different Clades and Species. But I’m sure you could already see that yourself.”

“Oh and thank you for the data and the universal translator! You have no idea how much leverage this is going to get you when you speak with the Emperors at the Capital.”

“Well then, I think it’s all done! Time to get you to Nethul while the Governor calls the Capital and the TrackerRing arrives.”

“Alright then, I’ll announce that to the crew.”

John stands up and hands the data chip to the one called Rettnis, and leads them to the Hanger, where a Universal Translator awaits them. He waves goodbye and exits the hanger. He walks to the bridge.

“Comms, prepare shipwide announcement”

“Yes Sir”

“Attention, this is the Captain, We have made friendly relations with a Star nation known as Galactya, In a few days, a Trackerring will arrive, whatever that is of course. The crew will be temporarily removed, with only the Engineering Division staying behind. All Weapons, including personal sidearms, will have to be deactivated. I want all fighter’s cores to be removed, and for the SDTS to be shut down. AI Maria will be taken off ship with the Officer Corp, as will Weaponry AI “Jimmy”, with Engineering’s “Scotty” Remaining behind with the Engineering Division. You may now resume normal ship functions. Captain Out”

2 Likes

“Perfect. You couldn’t have said that better. Now, time for both if our ships to head to Nethul. There’s a SpacePort on every continent, so it’s not hard to find one. You want to look for the largest opening available, since this ship is pretty darn big. Then we can take another Shuttle and lead you to a Containment Station, where you’ll be staying till the TrackerRing arrives.”

“Oh and by the way, a TrackerRing is a very large circular ship that uses Gravity Engines to pull and push Ships that can’t move on their own pr that have been captured.”

“Anyways, ready to descend to a Galactyan world?”

2 Likes

The Captain turned around, he hadn’t realized the Galactyans had followed him to the Bridge.

“This ship isn’t designed to land on planets, unless these spaceports are actually in space. Hmmm… Let’s see here, Lt. ? Are the engines back online?”

“Yes they are sir, Engineering reported than maneuvering engines are back online”

“Alright, Set destination to Closest Habitable planet, name: Nethul, Nav, you handle the rest. Now, you Galactyans can leave now, we’ll see you in a day or so, considering I think we can only make Half-Impulse right now.”

3 Likes

Regional Galactyan Date: 29/3/6000 P.E.
Star System: Crus-Lux
Planet: Galactya, Capital of the great Celestial Empire Of Galactya
8 days after the first contact in System Rhimus

Galactya, the biological ecumenopolis and Capital of the Celestial Empire Of Galactya.

Nixhoeils and Karheismas, Emperor and Empress of the Galactyan Empire, were waiting in the Imperial Throne Room in the Capital Palace, waiting. Around an hour ago, the TrackerRing TR-378-XL got in Galactya’s orbit, bringing along with it’s gravity engines the alien Emeraldian Ship. The ship would take at least 20 minutes to fully track and dock to the SpacePort. Meanwhile, the 14 meters tall behemoths that the Emperors were had been sitting on their giant thrones for about an hour now, discussing the situation and what to do with the alien “trespassers”. It was a rather… difficult situation, not only because it was the second time Galactya contacted an extra-regional species, but also because of when it was happening. After all the incident happened not even 10 years ago… Regardless of their loss, the Emperors needed to be strong, to secure the Empire. After all, they couldn’t let 81 trillion citizens down, could they?

Unbeknownst to them though, just as they were talking, the Alien Vessel had tracked to the SpacePort’s main docking Bay, the alien crew descending onto the SpacePort’s main area, as thousands and thousands of Galactyan citizens took the public transports it provided. Luckily for them, an Imperial Guide approached the crew and, after showing it’s badge, asked them to follow him.

Captain John Xanderson

“Dear Lord, Well, I would never expect to be on an alien planet. Lt.! Make sure you don’t drop the AI Core!”

John looked around, he figured his 1200 Strong crew definitely stood out, probably because they aren’t the same species, and because all of his crew are dressed in Military Uniforms. He saw Lt. Kellov, a short blonde New Ludvillian, struggling to carry the AI Core for “Maria”, the Bridge AI.

“Lt.! Have someone else carry that damn thing!”

“Yes, Sir”

After the guide approached…

“Alright, Everyone! Please do not be rude or Xenophobic, we don’t want a war on our hands.”

Everyone: “YES, SIR!”

2 Likes

“Perfect, absolutely perfect! Now, everyone, the walk to our private shuttle is going to take a couple of minutes, so if anyone wishes to ask me any question about the Empire, the citizens, the Capital or the Emperors, feel free to do so!”

The rest of the city was truly beautiful today, the guide thought. With the flowers and plants climbing up the colorful and incredibly tall buildings, the beauty of the Capital could truly be seen. Before the aliens arrived on the SpacePort’s Plaza and met him, a group of WalkwayBots cleared the main boulevard from pedestrians, so that the aliens wouldn’t be bothered too much.

As the aliens followed him, a certain figure distinguished himself from the rest: the captain, John Xanderson, if his memory wasn’t failing him. While they were walking, he approached him, and with a large smile, started talking with the captain.

“It is quite the beautiful day today, isn’t it? I’m glad the Emperors decided to have cloudy weather today. Atmospheric formations of any kind during this season are always truly delightful. I hope you’re enjoying the view so far.”

2 Likes

“It certainly is quite something, wait, You mean your Emperors control the weather? Rather odd in my eyes, Weather is supposed to be controlled by Nature, unless it’s artificial of course.”

The Captain looked back at his crew, who seemed to amazed at their surroundings, although, He some who looked horrified at the sight, and others who were fiddling with their pistols, trying to get them back online, even though the plasma dischargers were offline.

“Ensign Kelley and Ensign Squirov! Put away your weapons immediately! You could cause an explosion!”

“Yes Sir!”

2 Likes

“Well, weather is a danger to infrastructures, especially with stronger storms and other meteorological events such as hail and excessive temperature changes, but it is still necessary for all of the plantlife, even though we already give them most of their nutrients. We usually don’t control the weather on Galactya and we leave it to a pre-set calendar system, but we make changes for special occasions, such as your… arrival.”

While he was talking to the captain, the guide looked at the weapons with contempt. Such dangerous tools, capable of damaging all of the buildings and plants! These new humans were always so on the defensive. If there was any need to protect themselves, the Galactyans would’ve showed them way before than this. Regardless, they seemed nice enough.

As they all walked, an incredibly tall building, several kilometers in height, soon came into view. It was the Imperial Palace Complex, a gigantic structure built to host all functionaries of the Empire. It was where the Emperors and the Clade Representatives all lived. As they arrived in front of the giant Imperial Door, four large Imperial High-Class Defense Bots approached the large crew. The guide called for one of them and showed her his badge, and told them that they were here to see the Emperors. The robot looked at one of his holoscreens for a few seconds, and then motioned the other to open the gates. Soon, the doors started glowing, a mural of stars appearing on them. Soon, the gate retreated into the walls, disappearing like it never existed. After all members of the alien crew entered the Imperial Garden beyond the gates, they reappeared, closing them in. the Imperial Garden were large, and were the main place where the Emperors liked to spend their free time. As such, it was big enough to be an environment of it’s own, separated from the city.

The Imperial Garden.

“Perfect, here we are! Now, dear captain Xanderson, you and the rest of your alien companions will have to be temporarily separated. They will remain here in the Front Garden while I accompany you to meet the Emperors. I’m rather… displeased to inform you that you won’t be allowed to bring anyone else with you.”

1 Like

“Its Fine, Just make sure none of them are hurt doing something stupid, the Marines in Particular.”

John motioned for Cmdr. Keller.

“I am placing you in temporary command of the Crew, it should be pretty simple, just make sure everyone doesn’t die doing a stupid thing.”

The Captain turned towards the guide.

“I’m ready to head inside.”

As he said that, he adjusted his uniform, it was still shipboard clothing, which consisted of Combat Boots, Military Pants, a Holster for his pistol, a combat shirt, which displayed his Name, Rank, and on the shoulders, a Patch for the Battle Of The Foreseas and the other his heritage, along with adjoining Rank and Naval Badges below them, and finally, His Visor Cap, which displayed an Anchor with a Green Star in the background, surrounded by Wreaths.

2 Likes

”Oh don’t worry about them! Unless they manage to reactivate their rifles, there’s nothing that can hurt them in the Garden.”

”And don’t worry about the clothes either! We’re not… judgemental like that. Anyways, follow me!”

As the Guide and the Captain walked through the Garden’s main paved pathway, all around them were strange sights. Little forests of differently colored trees, an incredible amount of big and small flowers, big shining statues covered in flowers and small rivers. Finally, they came towards the Main Palace’s doors.

The guide went to the right of the gates and pressed a seemingly empty spot on the wall. Suddenly, a light came from under his hand, and a large drawing-like face lit up from over the doors. It looked at them for a quick second, then disappeared again. Suddenly a short and ethereal melody emanated from behind the gates, as they started folding back into the walls, granting the two access.

”And here we are. Now you just need to go straight through the halls until you find another large colorful door. After you find it, stay in front of it for a bit, until you hear the melody. Then, you’re free to go in. Good luck by the way.”

“Bye!”

1 Like

“Well, Alright.”

The Captain walked towards the large door, it was extremely colorful. He stood their for a bit, until he heard a similar melody. The large doors opened…

Meanwhile, In Galactyan Orbit…

4 Ships suddenly drop out of Jumpspace, The Lead Vessel, the UES Colradia BC-102, an Emerald Class Battlecruiser, a very large vessel and heavily equipped with weaponry. The Second largest vessel, the UES Commander Raven ACV-23, a Halsey Class Attack Carrier, equipped with some weaponry, but still primarily a carrier, began launching ESF-54 “Starhawk II’s” Attack Fighters. The other two vessels, the UES Relia Cuza and the UES King Andrei III, both being Cuza Class Light Cruisers formed up along side the Colradia.

Rear Admiral David Ludov, a tall blonde Ludvillian, stood on the bridge of the Colradia.

“Status of the Battle Of The Foreseas?!”

“In Alien Spacedock, I read minimal Pacifican Life signs aboard, but I read multiple Life signs on the planet, in some kind of courtyard.”

The Rear Admiral had been ordered to respond to the Foreseas Automated Distress Call, especially after no response was transmitted. It seems the Ship was captured and the crew were being held prisoner in some kind of complex, with possibly the engineering division being used to dismantle the ship for technology.

“Open Fire on hostile vessels.”

In mere seconds, the Phalanx Laser Weapon System, mounted at the front of the vessel, and set to setting 2, fired at the largest enemy ship, heavily damaging the vessel. The two light cruisers opened fire with their MAC Guns. The 1st and 2nd Raven Squadrons moved in to attack what was believed to be enemy fighters. On all ships, the shields and self-defence guns were immediately activated.

2 Likes

As the doors of the Throne Room opened, in front of the Emperors appeared the alien captain. Compared to the 15 meter tall behemoths they were, he was rather tiny. Still, they were going to treat him with respect. Rising up from the throne, Empress Karheismas began to introduce herself. At least, she tried to.

"Welcome Captain John Xande-

Before she could finish her phrase, the alarm system started sounding through the Palace’s halls, the lights turning red. The Intercom started making a warning announcement.

MAXIMUM EMERGENCY WARNING!
AN HOSTILE ALIEN FLEET IS ATTACKING THE CAPITAL AT ORBITAL DISTANCE!
ACTIVATING SECURITY MEASURES!
SENDING DETERRENCE DRONES!
CLOSING PALATIAL RAINBOW SECURITY SPHERE!
OPENING STATION TRACKING POINTS!
DE-ORBITING ALL STATIONS FROM LOW TO HIGH ORBIT!
ACTIVATING ORBITAL SHIELD!
SENDING DISTRESS CALL!

Before they could say anything else, the entire palace was closed off in a sphere of metal and Rainbow Shielding to protect it from the attack. Meanwhile, all the thousands of gigantic orbital stations were being de-orbited, using their gravity engines to gently track on their respective entry points. Meanwhile the Inner Orbital Ring activated the planetary shield, releasing the deterrence drones. and sending a distress call to all of the Empire.

Inside the Throne Room, the Emperors slowly looked down at the alien captain, who seemed just as confused as they were. And, Emperor Nixhoeils asked calmly…

" I THINK YOU HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO. DEAR. FRIEND."

3 Likes

Xanderson looked up at the blaring red lights, before he felt a familiar vibration in his pocket, his communicator! He took it out and flipped it open.

“This is the Captain”

“Sir, this is Commander Keller, before that, rainbow shield went up, we could just make out those orbiting ships, sir, their Emeraldian, probably a Rescue Fleet.”

The Captains face went pale, he suddenly remembered something that had been installed a few months ago, the Emergency Jumpspace Forced Drop Comms System, if and whenever a Vessel forcibly dropped out of Jumpspace, an automated message is sent back to Union Space, and if a response is not made in an hour, a rescue fleet is sent to the last known location of its Engine Signature. He had forgotten about it entirely during the intial few minutes, especially after the Galactyans Robots boarded the ship. This fleet was the rescue fleet, and with the Foreseas essentially emptied of its crew, it probably looks very bad.

After Nixhoeils asks his question

"I’m sorry, this is my fault, you see, after the Stoinian First Contact Incident, Highcom decided it best to add Automated Messages to all vessels, in case one dropped forcibly out of jumpspace, or were no longer in Union Space. Those enemy ships are Emeraldian, probably a Battlecruiser, an Attack Carrier, and a few Light Cruisers. Knowing that…, I think it would be wise if I contact the Fleet from the Foreseas. Hmmm…, but how do I get there? Wait… I know.

He pulls out the exact same Communicator and contacts the Chief Engineer.

“Hey Chief, this is the Captain, I need an immediate teleport back to the ship now.”

“Yes Sir, I assume the ships that are currently engaging Galactyan Vessels being why?”

“Yep”

He closes the device, and after a minute, glowing yellow like rings appear wrapped to his body, Before he dematerializes, he says something.

“I’ll be back in a few!”

And after that he’s no longer there.

Meanwhile… In Space.

2 Likes

In Galactya’s orbit, a battle of unparalleled proportions was about to commence. From the Orbital Rings, swarms of thousands of Automatic Attack Units and Fighter Shuttles were being released en masse, deploying themselves in front of the alien attackers, ready to engage in combat.

Meanwhile, the warning message hailed throughout all of the public networks of the Empire, casting the colonies in a state of panic and worry, while the fleet of Conqueror-Class Imperial Warships were travelling at maximum speed towards the Capital, abruptly terminating one of their reconnaissance missions. At the same time, interstellar stations that were engaging in trade were immediately closed, with Galactya’s alien allies pushed out of them, leaving their star nations confused and worried.

To protect Calerost from the invasion spreading to their territories, the Mirial Beacon in orbit around the Capital’s Star System’s stars was surrounded by another small fleet to further help it’s defenses.

It was the moment where Galactya, the true Fortress of the Empire, would prove it’s might.

But for now, instead of attacking all the deployed fleets were preoccupied with protecting the planet and the moons from any damage, waiting from an order from the Emperors to initiate a true attack.

1 Like

On The Colradia

“Rear Admiral! Multiple Fighter Craft, off our bow!”

“Tell All Attack Fighters to begin engaging, I want all ships ready to engage larger targets. Tell the Marine Division to begin to get ready in case of boarding operations.”

“Rear Admiral, we’ve managed to connect to the Foreseas Battle Net, Data Specifications on those Droids coming in now. Sir, they appear to be vulnerable to a large EMP blast.”

“Hmmm… Launch Polaris Missiles, set to detonate 3 Meters away from Droid Swarm and hopefully the EMP Blast from setting off the warhead will take care of them. Tactical! Prepare to target those oribital stations with Plasma Torpedoes. Comms, begin to block all radio broadcasts on all NON-Union Channels. All Turrets, prepare to engage surface targets(Larger Vessels). Relia Cuza and King Andrei III, Form up along our Starboard and Port, prepare to AA Screen. Commander Raven, prepare Orbital Bombers to target any planetary defence forces. Rear Admiral Ludov to all Forces, you are free to engage.”

On The Foreseas

The Captain rushed out of the Teleporter Room, making a beeline to the Bridge. After a few minutes of effectively sprinting down the corridor to the nearest elevator. After another few minutes of riding it to the bridge, he stepped out and made a beeline to the comms panel.

“Goddamn it, this is why you notify and retrain us for new protocols.” He said under his breath.

He flipped on the panel, and began broadcasting.

“This is Captain Xanderson Of The UES Battle Of The Foreseas, attention Rescue Fleet! Stop Firing at Friendly Galactyan Vessels! I repeat, Stop Firing at all Friendly Vessels. I am currently engaging in First Contact under protocol#238-FC. All Crew Members are safe, CS-1993 is Safe, all Critical Technology is safe. This is Priority Number One Hail For Commanding Officer of Rescue Fleet.”

He had made sure to broadcast the message on all Union Channels.

Back on the Colradia

The Bridge hears the Message.

“Stop Firing! All Forces de-engage! To all Attack Fighters peel off and return to vessels at quickest possible speed! NOW!”

2 Likes