The Wormhole War (Galactya Coalition Vs Technocratic Federation of Serniani)

“Someone’s life work can be replaced a lot easier than an entire planet’s ecosystem, and a person’s life simply can’t be replaced. That AI is problematic if it truly believes that no one stayed behind after the evacuation. I understand you do not have the AI that launched the WWDs, so I would advise against defending it. I do not like or support your views, but I am willing to remain peaceable to your group, so long as you are operating separately and against the rest of the Sereniani.”

5 Likes

“I am not defending their actions, I am explaining their actions to you.”

“And I need to speak with a friend. Could I have a moment, please.”

Tristie left the room, briskly walking out before stopping and turning on her holowatch, and began speaking to her best friend, a senator named Lisa Cicero

“Lisa?”

“Hey, Tristie, what’s up?”

“When’s the next senate meeting?”

“…10 minutes? Why?”

“So the people I’m talking to, in order to maintain our neutrality, want us to give them… Insights? Or whatever, into federation vessels and such.”

“That’s tantamount to betraying the federation!”

“Would the senate… Support such a proposal?”

“They… Probably would, actually. I’ll check, but don’t spill… Yet. Okay?”

“Okay, talk then Lisa.”

“Cya! Expect results within an hour or so.”

4 Likes

While Claire was gone Tangandon sat deep in his thoughts. This meeting could bring fruit, and if it does, it could give them a major advantage.

Suddenly his communicator beeped

“INS Spark in Darkness II is ready. Stealth systems functional and magazines are loaded, total of 40 10-gigaton nuclear devices. Waiting for mission launch”

He thought, and then sent a message back

“Delay operation, there exists a possiblity to get internal intelligence on the Serinari. After it is gained the mission will launch. Tangandon out”

He couldn’t risk anything untill he knew what Rosepoint would offer them

5 Likes

“Admiral Tullius.” Julianus intoned as the conference went into recess.

The blue-scaled Drakari would turn to face his sovereign, kneeling reverently at his voice. “Mighty Scion of Io’s Blood” he said with a clawed fist upon his heart, “how might I serve thee?”

“There is no need for formality, friend, not at this critical juncture.” The young Emperor would offer his hand to help the officer to his feet, “though your services are ever needed. Naval intelligence is keeping appraised of the goings-on, as procedure demands, yes?”

“Aye, my Lord. My fleet’s early warning systems should keep the invaders bereft of the element of surprise, even with their cloaks, and the evacuation of civilians from planets in greatest danger is well underway.”

“Good. Tell me, which god is favored aboard your flagship?”

“Your Majesty?”

“'tis merely innocent curiosity, Admiral.”

“With respect, my Lord, all seven of our gods are honored equally in the ship’s chapel.” The older of the two Drakari would raise a craggy brow, his confusion slowly fading as he saw the widening smile on the Emperor’s face.

“Which would mean that one of the priests aboard is a Judicator of Verenor, yes?” That damned smile could not grow any wider than it already was.

“Indeed. And such a servant of the Justice-maker oft lend their service as emissaries, do they not, My Emperor.”

“Exactly, Admiral. Have your flagship’s Judicator make contact with the Rosepoint representative once I confer with our allies.”

Tullius would nod, taking a few moments to watch as Julianus made his way over to his Galactyan counterparts with purposeful stride. Though the two quite frankly eldritch entities dwarfed him fivefold, the older Drakari could not help but feel for an all-too-brief moment, he almost saw Io himself manifest in the kind young man’s indomitable will to prevent more suffering. He turned away, however reluctantly, to fulfill the task given unto him, sending the message to his ship and the fleet beyond to prepare themselves.

4 Likes

Chamber of Roses, Citadel of The Rosepoint Senate, Rosepoint System

“They want us to do what?”

“This is a decent opening, y’know.”

“Perspectively, damned if we don’t, damned if we do.”

“And get hung as traitors if we fail.”

Probably was going to follow party lines, Lisa thought to herself

“All in favor?”

51 in favor

“All opposed?”

19 opposed

30 abstainations

Clearly, a way of saying “We support this, but we don’t feel like getting hung”

“Tristie, you there?”

“Yeah… I’m here… What’s up?”

“They pulled through! Talk away! Quickly, before they try shutting out of the networks we’re in.”

“Sorry, what?”

“We signed an independence referendum! We are outta here!”

“Wait, WHAT? I asked for a neutrality referendum, not THAT!”

“If we became neutral, they’d kill us. Might as well kill them before they kill us. They have 48 hours before they know.”

“I- Uh- Okay! Talk later, Lisa!”

“Cya Tristie!”

“I- Uh… Does this translator-”

"Yeah… Rosepoint did a little… Independence… We can get the info, but time is a little limited before they shut gate systems down for travel. They’ll be rather occupied. They- "

Tristie’s face turned pale for a moment

“It leaked-”

She calmed down for a second before continuing

“No data, unfortunately. Ill be fighting them now. So, I’ll be fighting them now. Let Rosepoint handle it, since they are actually… Yeah they are leaving the system now. Seems like they are going to close the gates interconnecting the ABH-003 system. Navigation in the Nebula is akin to impossible, so I would suggest not trying.”

“Also… We’ll try to recover your lost pilots… Intact, hopefully.”

ABH-003

Every single Serniani ship had left the Farside. They had all left, and were probably going to try kicking the Scientific Directorate’s ass for attempting to leave. They had left a nasty surprise on their side of the wormhole though. A ton of nuclear mines. Like, an unreasonable amount. Nothing was going to pass through there for a long time.

3 Likes

“In that case it’s best Claire that you try going back trough the wormhole and to your people as soon as possible. I will do all in my power to aid Rosepoint. Hopefully the emperor will accept the idea of a formal alliance with you, but untill then, i want to give you something.”

Tangandon turns around and from his belt, which he had to remove to put on the armored suit, detaches the scabbard with his sword. It was a beautiful sabre with a gilded handle and palm guard and gems encrusted into it. The scabbard was onix black with a silver mural on it depicting scenes from the Miraline war. He unsheathed it, showing the beautiful damascus blade, with thin and intricate patterns given to it by masterful forging, as well as a etching on the bottom of it, invoking the name of the gods of war and peace. He presents the blade to Claire

“In Calerostan culture gifting someone your sword is a sign of friendship and loyalty, so i, in the name of the Gill-Atarnië, gift this sabre to the nation of Rosepoint, as a symbol of the friendship forged on this day.”

He hands the sword over with a bow, before continuing

“I will also order that one of this ship’s backup mirial communicators be transported to your ship together with detailed instructions on how to use it. That will allow you to contact the Gill-Atarnië at any time when you want, and us to contact you. I will just warn you to not try to reverse engineer the communicator, it is set up to self destruct if you attempt that. We hope that you win your war and will come to aid as soon as we can.”

2 Likes

”Woah. Talk about escalating!”

”Now that’s a real show of force. Unlike bombarding planets. Those little bastards.”

”Anyways, Commander, Tangadon is right. You should probably go now. We will all tell our fleets and ships to let you go without hinderance.”

”Furthermore, now that you are our enemy’s enemy, you’re our friend. Or at least, a pleasant acquaintance. But what I mean is that Galactya will gladly help you, shall you ever need our help.”

”Whenever you require backup, use the Mirial communication Tangadon just gave you. After all, I don’t think they’ll hesitate sharing.”

”Now go, Commander Tristie. The shuttle you came with is in the Main Hangar. We’ll light a travel path to guide you.”

”Good luck.”

4 Likes

As Tristie accepted the sword, she heard the ringtone of her friend, Lisa

“Lisa?”

“Hey, are you still with the ambassadors?”

“Yeah?”

“Can I say hi?”

“I mean… Place yourself along the stars, Cicero.”

Tristie flicked the holo projector onto the ground and turned it on

“I got a friend in the Rose Senate who wanted to drop by to say hi.”

“Hi! I’m Lisa Cicero. President Pro Tempore of the Rose Senate. A’Hundred twenty years does something to you, y’know? Anyways, chaotic as it is right now-”

As an explosion cuts Lisa off, she looks distantly before continuing

“From my hundred fifty years being alive, I’d recommend staying away from the interior stations of the federation, should you wish to assist us. I’m not a strategist, that’s Tristie’s job, but everybody here is quite… Xenophobic. Last time we had extraterrestrial presence, it ended poorly-”

The feed cuts

“She’s taking fire from Federation forces…”

Tristie smiles, faintly

“Lisa’s leading again. After a’hundred twenty years, didn’t think she had it in her. That’ll be my leave, though. I’ll contact you upon my return to Rosepoint.”

She goes to shake everybody’s hand

Current Casualties List

Calculated in system losses, no S2S assets have been lost yet.

System: Crystriana
Affiliation: SDR
Planetary Body Crystriana-1A Status: Glassed (10 Billion)
Planetary Body Crystriana-1B Status: Settlements Destroyed, Biosphere Intact (2 Million)
Planetary Body Crystriana-2A Status: Planet Destroyed (35 Billion)
Planetary Body Crystriana-3A Status: Occupied (Estimated 21 million, Ongoing)

System: Cascsde-23
Affiliation: TFS
Planetary Body Cascsde-23A Status: Glassed (65 Billion)

Pax in morte.

3 Likes

After the War, things changed in the east. The short-lived conflict was the final spark that allowed for the Coalition to finally exist. The member states had become interconnected much before than that, but the War provided proof that truly coordinated efforts could push back even the stubbornest of enemies. It proved that dangers, unsolvable with peace, lurked in the west and perhaps through the rest of the Sector.

But most of all, the War started to change Galactya. The ancient, monolithic state that hadn’t mutated in it’s eternal laughing chaos for more than 7000 years.

The Government decided that it was time to restart the production of weapons and defenses. After a long time of stagnation, the Ministry Of Defense started mass-producing weapons and ships again, and building a defensive megastructure to replace the nuclear minefield around Taivaallinen. With the incredible wealth brought in by being the center of the Coalition, few knew how large the Empire’s relatively small military could grow. Calerost, who had always been in a love-hate relationship with the ancient nation, started to fear that a new expansionist ideology might form in Galactyan culture. The Drakari Imperium, even though more trusting, worried that one day it might have to intervene in a possible expansionist movement, such was the paternalistic attitude of it’s ruling species.

Ultimately though, both kept these worries to themselves, and were admittedly happy to be members of the Coalition, and still trusted Galactya, who had always proved to be a trustworthy ally.

However, while Galactya ultimately benefited the most from the conflict, a problem arose for the Empire. A problem that, while having existed for more than 1600 years, had never proved to be excessively problematic, at least from what the Government could tell. A problem that, after publicly spilling blood, took the name of The Children Of Aqan’Thau.

3 Likes

Notice of Decanonization
TWW

Effective Immediately, The Wormhole War is no longer official canon material for the following reason(s):

Overarching Retcon.

Pax Directorate.

–A. SF10