The Wormhole War (Galactya Coalition Vs Technocratic Federation of Serniani)

ABH-003 “Farside”

A response came back a few hours later

“We have made it clear that if you attempt to eject the Technocratic Federation out of this System, we will carry out RKV strikes against this system. This is a standard procedure, and as such, they cannot be held accountable for actions undertaken. This action was taken in response to the attempted kidnapping of Officers of the Federation. If the Union of Emerald wishes for news of their downed pilots, one is in good health and the other is currently hospitalized. Attached is photographic evidence. I am willing to release them on grounds of goodwill.”

-Admiral Sylvie Saxis, TFS

Staging Ground 1, ABH-003 Dockyard

Pure Chaos. Probably the best way to describe Staging Ground 1. The dockyard had around 130 larger crafts, trying to help expand it rapidly to deal with a refit of probably the largest vessel in Federation, an RPB-2A. Usually, it would be ready, but it was being rushed to the front in case of any more shenanigans or logistics issues.

3 Likes

UES Colradia

(RA)“Comms, open a broadcast to the Serenianian Fleet”

(CMO)“Opening Broadcast Now”

(RA)“This is Rear Admiral Ludov, I ask you this, what gives you the legal authority to occupy the Galactyan Side of the Wormhole? I also don’t quite believe you that you will hand over the two pilots so easily, yes, it seems that both are alright, but both have yet to report back via Comms with their Communicators, also, if we can be given back them, then they will come back with everything they arrived with, including Weaponry, and that they haven’t been mistreated. However, Our own current terms for their release is that Sereniani Leaves Taivaallinen System and Wormhole Immediately and hand over the person or personnel that authorized the the Glassing of a Galactyan Planet. That is Final. End Transmission.”

4 Likes

ABH-003 “Farside”

“In the interest of my nation’s interstellar security, I am authorized to use whatever means necessary to ensure the survival of my people. Your pilots have not asked to report back. We have asked if there was a way to communicate with you. They responded with no. Should you wish to contact them directly, I will allow it. If you truly don’t believe us, why don’t you come over here, and I’ll prove it to you? I can guarantee their release. I cannot guarantee anything else at this particular moment in time.”

-Admiral Sylvie Saxis, TFS

Admiral Eliza, Medbay No. 5

“Hey, so you know how we took those pictures to prove we weren’t torturing you? They don’t really believe us. I don’t really blame them, but could you… Talk to them? You have communicators or something, right?”

4 Likes

Medbay

(JT)“Yes, they’re attached to our flight suits, but they were broken when we ejected.”

(LN)“Speaking of which, how did I get a Laceration on My Right Arm? If it happened during ejecting, I would be dead. So what the hell happened?”

Tolsov switches to Cimbrian

(JT)“The People who grabbed us and took us aboard this ship did that to you Lt, You were knocked out cold, and they took a blade to your to see if you reacted.”

(LN)“Really? I’m starting to think that the Sereniani aren’t gonna hand us over that easily.”

Both switch out of Cimbrian

(LN)“I’m afraid that with our Communicators smashed, we can’t actually contact our Ship.”

4 Likes

"If they’re in strike range that is indeed a great idea. Gil Miria could be used to get us there relatively fast. The problem would be if we use it fitting your ships to be able to use mirial travel, but galacyan ships for example are as of recently capable of doing it, and so are obviously ours. The probe can be deployed by the spark in darkness II and can be equiped with mirial communication devices to keep the signal better hidden. I will order a probe to be modified for stealth and mirial comms as soon as I’m back on my ship. So we have settled for a corse of action. Prepare for a possible attack on then in 2 days, when the bombs are placed. The Calerostan war fleet will be waiting in mirial space for a possible surprise attack. We’ll keep everyone updated on the preperations untill then.

Later, after the meeting he also contacted Rosepoint again

“Rosegold this is contraadmiral Tangandon. We have agreed to meet with you. Ambassadors of all nations on our side of the war will be there. Here are our conditions: the negotiations will be held on on a battleship of ours. You will be transported by one of our shuttles and searched on it to prevent any weapons or other potentially harmful devices to be carried onto our ship. We guarantee your safety except in any case of violence. Do you agree to our terms?”

3 Likes

“Why would we-”

“You realize I have a translator, right? I mean, how was I talking to you the entire time?”

She points to the little translation device clipped to her belt

“You have it because it was a determination of whether you would react to pain. The only thing they had on hand was the knife. You reacted, barely, thus you were recommended for higher level care, which is why you’re here. Toslov, you were transported along in case you needed care. You were coherent, and were brought to me in case you also suffered a Brain injury but were just asymptomatic. Only got off with a minor concussion though.”

Ms Faith pauses, unsure what to really do to calm their nerves

“We aren’t monsters, y’know. Just because you are in the care of your “enemy,” doesn’t mean we had il intent.”

RPNV Rosegold

“I accept your terms, Contraadmiral. I look forward to meeting you in person.”

-Fleet Commander Tristie Claire, RPEF

3 Likes

The INS Torch Of Freedom was a Wildfire-class battleship, the main type in service by Calerost. It was picked above the counterparts from other countries for it’s unconventional weaponry. Now that they had the shield signature for Serinari ships they could prepare the mirion lances a lot faster and go right trough the shield. In case Rosepoint attacked them their ship wouldn’t have a chance, especially if more came to aid the Torch of Freedom.

Fleet commander Claire was picked up from the Rosegold by a calerostan shuttle, as agreed upon. She didn’t know that the guards on it would be centurions, the heavy and elite forces of Calerost, but there wasn’t a issue there. The search found nothing dangerous on her and she was transported onto the battleship and lead to the meeting room. Inside ware representatives of all the nations allied against the Serinari, as agreed on.

Tangandon was wearing a armored vacuum suit, as he did since the attack on the station. He still didn’t trust anyone from the other side of the wormhole, but this was a opertunity he couldn’t pass up.

“Greetings, fleet comander, i am honored to meet with you. I say we emediately get to the point. What exactly do you want to negotiate?”

3 Likes

Admiral Tullius would appraise the visiting Sereniani woman impassively, motioning for his Legionnaire guards to remain at ease for the time being. While he himself was seemingly unarmored, he was certainly more than prepared with a personal shield alongside his sword and sidearm. Those silver eyes of his betrayed no emotion, but even a blind man could tell that he was less than pleased by an attack upon an ally.

“A just question indeed, Admiral Tangandon. We’ve every reason to be wary given the glassing Thaievia.”

“<A grave violation of the Great Stewardship,>” one of the Legionnaires, another Drakari, quietly snarled in her native tongue.

“That being said, I shan’t deny any aid that could lead to a… diplomatic cessation of hostilities. His Imperial Majesty made that quite clear.”

4 Likes

Fleet Commander Tristie Claire walks into the meeting room, where all the ambassadors are. She looks at the guard who took her there, giving them a smile before walking in. Given the intense security, and the styling of almost everybody else, (who were nearly wearing full space suits,) it was kind of surprising to see Tristie wearing her Class B Formals, that looked more like a dress with a rose-like pattern on it. She was wearing an oxygen mask, but feeling it would constrict her speaking, took it off. The oxygen, a little higher than she expected, turned her skin from faint purplish to more of what a humans would look like.

She lightly clicked the universal translator provided to her, and began speaking

“Does this thing work-”

“It does. Hello, it’s nice to meet you Contraadmiral. It’s nice to meet you all in general. I am, as you probably heard, Fleet Commander Tristie Claire of the Rosepoint Expeditionary Force.”

“I’ve been given permission on behalf of my Senate to-”

Tristie pauses for a second

“Right… This needs some explaining. The Federation is for lack of a better word, an actual Federation. Rosepoint, or the nation I represent, is in charge of the natural border of my nation. We are fairly independent, and thus are given our own system of government, called the “Rose Senate.” I am allowed, on behalf of the Rose Senate, to make agreements, treaties, etc.”

3 Likes

The Emperors, after returning to their normal forms to be less intimidating, decided to put their anger aside. If what the Fleet Commander was saying wasn’t a lie or an attempt to get them to let their guard down, this could be their chance at destabilizing the Sereniani Federation or even getting rid of the Sereniani control inside of Tharus’ orbit. But first, there was something they needed to ask.

"Interesting. But before we progress any further with our... negotiations, we would have a question to ask you, Commander Tristie."

"The fact that you're here should make us take this for granted, but we'd still prefer to know. So, tell us, who actually glassed one of our worlds?"

"Was it your nation, Rosepoint as you call it."

"Or was it someone else?"

3 Likes

Tristie paused, if brief for a moment

“The federation strategic AI authorized the decision. Nobody here is responsible for the glassing.”

“Rosepoint did not sanction the use of these weapons, as we only showed up, yesterday.”

“If I may ask a question, why did you try kidnapping 6 Federation pilots while on a diplomatic mission?”

3 Likes

Captain Xanderson

(CX)“I believe the word you are looking for is Confederation, and your government structure sounds quite similar to the old United Kingdom Of Emerald and Denver, which had separate Governments and Military, I’m Captain Xanderson by the way.”

The Captain himself had a breathing mask on, and had a sidearm on hand, just in case.

4 Likes

"Kidnapping is a strong word to be honest."

"We merely wanted to protect them from dying in the war."

"If we had let them go, they would have definitely come back to your Federation."

"They would have been sent to fight, and they would have probably died."

"It would be cruel for us to not try to save them."

"After all, they didn't do anything to us. Not directly. They didn't attack our ships, or glass our planets."

"And in order to spare them from an unjust fate, the only option we had was keeping them on Eastavilp against their will."

"If it may be of any reassurance to you and transitively Rosepoint, they would have resided in an ambassadorial resort."

"With full Galactyan privileges, and even more."

"Most likely better conditions and standards of living than what they have ever experienced in their entire lives while in the Federation."

"After all, from what little we understood from your military and social organization, they didn't hold that high of a position withing your ranks."

"At least one low enough to send them on a..."suicide mission"."

"Those were our reasons for doing so."
"Those were our reasons for doing so."

"Does this answer satisfy you, Commander?"

4 Likes

“The AI will be held responsible for the decision. I do not see how being an AI should relieve anyone of guilt. In the case that it is non-sentient it must be terminated. Any officers who knowingly permitted a simple algorithm to fire WWDs are to be taken to trial as well. The Akropii Republic will not simply let a nation get away with the glassing of planets because ‘nobody is at fault’. A nation that will simply fire a WWD without any input from a sentient being is a nation that needs to be disarmed. ”

6 Likes

“It is an acceptable answer to my question.”

She turns to the Akropi Ambassador

“We don’t give sentient people a chance. Someone who is feeling emotional could start flinging them at targets and could start a war. In order to ensure nobody gets hurt, they use a strategic AI that puts together a comprehensive list of pros and cons. The three specific planets chosen were, at the time, devoid of sentient life. They knew, because of the mass evacuation taking place at the time. Factored in, it was decided to use those weapons to prove they could, and would use force.”

she deflates for a moment

“I can’t hand over someone’s life work just because a planet was hit by an RKV. Which, they warned would happen.”

4 Likes

“Indeed no one was killed, but the home of billions of people was destroyed, the damage can’t be measured. You talk about not wanting to destroy someone’s life’s work, but your AI just destroyed the life’s works of billions of people. Imagine how many people are now homeless, how many are jobless, how many have lost everything they had. AI doesn’t have feelings and isn’t capable of outbursts, but it also isn’t capable of compassion. To it it’s just numbers, not lives, hopes, and dreams…”

He stops for a moment, to compose himself. The telepathic empathy of Edhels also susepts them to great compassion, just thinking of the people who’s home was glassed filled Tangandon with sadness

“Anyhow, i think that arguing about this with someone who had nothing to do with it will bare any fruits. We will bring this issue to the serinari high command eventually, but for now let’s focus on the present negotiations. What are your goals to achive in this independent deal with us, fleet commander Claire?”

4 Likes

Tristie looks back at the Calerost Ambassador

“I’m here to try to make peace, since my Federation friends seem to fail to make them. What are your goals, since you feel the need to ask for mine?”

3 Likes

"i can only speak for what the Gill-Atarnië wants. From the whole war? To banish the Serinari invasion fleetback to where they belong, on the other side of the wormhole, and make them pay back for the destruction they caused, be it by currency or blood if they’re unwilling to cooperate, punishing those responsible for what happened to Thaievia and secure Galactya’s borders. With you? Getting something that can help us in that goal, be it intelligence, assets, or just someone who can bring sense to the leadership. If necessary we won’t hesitate to strike with all we have, but a peaceful solution is always favorable. I’m hoping you’re willing to negotiate for things like those.

5 Likes

As the others spoke, Emperor Julianus would look the woman with what could only be called compassion and pity.

“I know that you did not want this war, madame. None of us here did. In a more just universe, cooler heads would have prevailed. That being said, we can make the best of this present situation, tragic though it may be.” He rose to his full, imposing three meter height. “I agree with Tangandon and Tullius that those who gave the order should be punished to the fullest extent of military and civilian law, but I have no desire to see good soldiers die if it can be avoided.”

He would slowly circle towards the Sereniani representative, his knightly bodyguards remaining still as statues even as he drew nearer with a gently outstretched hand, keeping his talons as safely away from her skin as possible. “Any aid you can give us, even as a diplomatic inroad to your compatriots, would be greatly honored. Should that fail, you and your people have my word as a son of the House of Io that you will be afforded the Imperium’s protection.”

4 Likes

The Emperors, who had stayed silent up to that point, remained sat on their chairs, and started speaking to the diplomat.

”Our requests align with what our allies have said.”

”Anyone who can be held responsible for the glassing will be given to us. We will give them a fair process in front of our allies and, should they be considered guilty, Galactya and Galactya only will punish them accordingly.”

”So, we are willing to avoid hostilities with Rosepoint. That though, comes at a price.”

”Information is what we want as payment.”

”Give us data and insights about the remaining Federation…”

”And we will make sure to not lay a finger on your stations and planets.”

4 Likes