The League of Cordilia Negotiations

Blisse Starke, the Hystaigan supreme voice, represented her nation in the international realm for the second time. The war-hardened leader knew very well what she wanted out of the summit.

My Cordilian neighbours, I am honoured to have come here to represent Hystaiga at a summit of great significance. Just as Hystaiga is starting to know peace, the world is starting to know less of it.

Our people know all too well the cost of war and why it must end. For this, we propose having a discussion on an international treaty limiting the use of military force so that all offensive wars must be approved by the World Forum in a resolution.

On Doge Land’s proposal to discuss free trade, Hystaiga votes against . We have seen from afar how these so-called free trade agreements ended up making poorer countries poorer, and I am not interested in any agreement that would see my nation, my people, and my land exploited by the business interests of influential foreign powers.

On the question of a mutual defence pact, Hystaiga votes in favour. Hystaiga knows all to well what it is like to fight alone, and a commitment to mutual defence will make sure it never happens again.

On the idea of a counter-terrorism body, Hystaiga votes in favour of discussing the issue further.

With respect to Huawan’s proposal to discuss an intergovernmental military alliance, Hystaiga votes in favour, but we do so in the interest of seeing what comes out of that discussion, not as final approval of such an alliance.

On discussing peace talks between our nation and Valkyria, we ask that these talks remain between Hystaiga and Valkyria for the time being. We will be having referendums soon enough on 23 October that originated from these talks that will require offensive wars be authorised by the World Forum. While we await the result of these referendums and due to the fruitfulness of our talks with Valkyria right now, Hystaiga votes against.

On Huawan’s third proposal of discussing states reforming their immigration policies in response to the instability caused by bad actors, Hystaiga votes in favour.

We look forward to having a good faith discussion about the future of this continent we all share.

Question: Shall we have a discussion on an international treaty limiting the use of military force so that all offensive wars must be approved by the World Forum in a resolution?

• Agree
  • Reject
  • Abstain
0 voters
3 Likes