The Gafsred Negotiations

The Gafsred Negotiations (Round 1)

Backstory

The Gafsred Negotiations are held by Sedunn, regarding the three factions currently at war due to legitimacy & governance dispute in Viliakmon. They were suggested by Sedunn who is mediating the three Delegates, tasked to: “demonstrate attempt at concluding minimal common interests , as result of negotiations , which are to be mediated , and finalized in a codified agreement”.
Date range of current negotiations are 5th Dec-8th Dec, AKA during the ceasefire.

1 Like

A draft agreement has been signed between the Delegates in Gafsred, following Round 1 of the negotiations.

Summary:

Bogdanov Armantinsky, Representative Delegate of the Black Flag Army:

“We, although unauthorized as the legal successor of Xhuglinis government of Viliakmon, call upon the World Forum Resolution #7 entitled ‘Emergency Services Cooperation Organisation’, section B point (1) and (4).”

Franklan Vehsi, Representative Delegate of the Merimang Group:

“We propose that this established team of Viliakmoni negotiators [Bogdanov Armantinsky, Franklan Vehsi and Igar Maryani] be constructed permanently throughout the conflict until provision (7) of Decree 7 is met by either of the conflicting factions.”

Igar Maryani, Representative Delegate of the V.A.F. Military Dictatorship:

“In addition to the proposals of other Delegates, we suggest that ESCO be carried out by independent international parties, each choosing who they which faction they wish to support.
Henceforth, the ESCO mission will only be recognized as successful, complete and legitimate if it complies with provision (7) of Decree 7.”

“LEVIATHAN”
“Gafsred - Round 2”

Time:(19th Dec-4th Jan)
Characters:Bogdanov Armantinsky - Frenklan Vehsi - Igar Maryani - Lord Rivers - Consul to Ubesii - Consul to DF - Consul to Ezervulge - Sedunn @Qwert - Koros @devon

The “Green-Orange Letter” was sat in the middle of the negotiating desk. Sat to it were 45 diplomats-in-exile, awaiting Sedunnic mediation before opening the session. Koros was to send their own diplomatic delegation as well. Impatiently, Frenklan Vehsi broke the silence before the formal negotiations begun, catalyst being that most if not all of the other 44 delegates we looking at him upon reading the letter.
F. Vehsi: “I appreciate the received attention from…Fellow excelllencies…” The latter synthax being said through his teeth, as if he was holding back. “Can anyone here inform me why I am honored to have your undistracted attention?” He spoke with such certitude, prior to looking around the table for a conversation partner with the same attitude. The sudden interruption was not expected, apparently.
Lord Rivers: “I allow myself the freedom of estimation to assume that they wish to convey to you a message which I agree with.” Rivers was returning Vehsi’s demeanor, though in a more stoic approach. “In reference to myself I do mean both myself and the Reinz Embassy, whose opinion I am certain is the following: Merimangs ‘Outlaw Declaration’ is poorly written. Not only in style, manner and approach but in the message it wishes to convey as well.”
F. Vehsi: “I would already assume that neither Iakov nor the Tekar Embassy would be supportive of the ou-” The speech was suddenly cut off by an unexpected diplomat, attention turning to them instead. Consul to Ubesii: “Begrudgingly I admit that the cardiologist and his affiliates are right.” Looking around the table, noticing that others were focused on them, either surprised that they spoke up or eager to see whether something else would be elaborated. Consul to Ubesii: “It is noticeable that I have drawn attention to myself by this statement. Allow me to elaborate; the list of suggestions which the Merimang Group was built upon is, euphemistically speaking, poorly thought out.” A short silence filled the room. It wasn’t tension, moreso lack of proper articulation.
Igar Maryani: “We agree with the sentiment presented to you. By ‘we’ I do not mean the government in Ochridae. Both Armantinsky and I agree that the document is written in myopia. This sentiment comes from being as objective as we possibly can, it comes from us in the perspective of law-crafting” Bogdanov Armantinsky returned with a simple nod to the statement. Bogdanov himself felt the most confident at the table, given BFA’s advances.
Finally, an explanation was delivered. Consul to Danubian Federation: “Simply put, it seeks to merely amend the existing Constitution. That is by all accounts a terrible approach… I haven’t, truthfully, studied the legal implications myself bu-” The Consuls speech was cut by a blunt explanation delivered by their supposed (personal?) rival. Consul to Ezervulge: “Look, it’s not about the covert interest of anyone here. The Declaration cannot be used as a guideline for amending the existing Constitution. Furthermore, even the Decree 7 itself and this letter of obviously the same author, call for a blank slate approach. It’s not that hard to understand why we are looking at you. We want to see if you admit to this. If not, our assumption is that you are delusional.”
F. Vehsi was listening to the given feedback, though he seemed unmoved by them. F. Vehsi: “So, if we are to start with a blank slate as all of you clearly wish to, does anyone have an idea on where to even begin? I am ready to begin but since you clearly have this amount of output, you must’ve at least come up with an outline by now.” This seemingly ongoing rant was interrupted by the entrance of hosting Sedunn and a delegation from Koros.

1 Like

Federal discussions resulted in the decision to only send two people as the Korosian delegation; the first, Envoy Askahtik Liah, and the second, Translator Atospiy Rowtag. They had been instructed to primarily be an observatory team, offering consul and advice when needed.

“Hello friends,” Askahtik began, “it’s my understanding that you are under a crisis- ideally yourselves, the Sedunnic delegates, and ourselves are in a position to make an impact?”

While the mediation was Vimmru’s and the foreign minister’s initiative, neither of the two could commit to presiding over continued negotiations indefinitely. The Sedunnic permanent delegation consisted instead of Ron Blarienn, a senior diplomat who silently did a lot of the heavy lifting in Sedunnic foreign politics, and three clerks to aid her.

She went to the far side of the negotiating desk and put her notebook down. She let the room settle. When she deemed she had the undivided attention of the delegations, she spoke up.

“Friends and colleagues, thank you for coming here today. The peoples of Viliakmon, Koros. The international community. They are all glad and grateful for you all giving this a chance. And Sedunn is honoured to have you here.”

Her voice was calm with a quite thick Sedunnic accent, typical for the older generation. She looked around, trying to see as many of the delegates in their eyes as possible.

“First of all, I would like to ask the warring parties to write down their three most important goals in Viliakmon, then write down what they asses to be the three most important goals of the other two parties. Please then pass me the notes.”

1 Like

After the ceremonial protocol, most of the other delegations left the chambers temporarily.

An initial confusion could be seen on the three representatives when first hearing Blarienn’s suggestion.

F. Vehsi representing the Merimang Group, who was still convinced of his position, complied with the idea first. He would also finish last.
Igar Maryani representing the V.A.F. faction followed thereafter, though appeared to be lost in answering the question of “What the other two sides wish to accomplish”. A short note was written down before being the first to give the paper to Blarienn.
Bogdanov Armantinsky had no idea what to write down. The representative understood BAF’s popularity among the citizens and Skandergrof’s motivation behind the movement. However, the issue was that Armantinsky truly didn’t know what their long-term goal would be and how it would be sustainable.
After some odd ten minutes of staring blankly at the wall, he remembered the recent fraction split within the BAF. Goals regarding the other two factions were already clear to him.

Lord Rivers remained in the room. His look gazed upon the Korosian translator Rowtag for a moment while the rest were leaving. This lasted about until Vehsi started writing. Complying with the instructions he had been given, Rivers stood up and left the round table, although remaining within the room just out of any considerable attention.

The note from Vehsi was pretty much a summary of the Outlaw Declaration, with some defense of it.
In regards to the other two sides, the following was written; “The VAF merely wants power as an autocratic regime, I believe that BAF does not have a goal beyond blind revenge for the bombing of Aelbasan.”

Maryanis note was significantly shorter and more precise. “Zihexh wishes to consolidate and establish a ‘guided democracy’, it does remain questionable whether the rest of V.A.F. would follow such an idea. - - - Merimang Group has a plethora of interests with no clear goal. - - - The B.A.F. aims to” and the note ended incomplete.

Armantinsky perhaps had the worst explanation. It contained the following:
“BAF’s goal is self-determination of the Viliakmoni peoples, as seen in the recent allowance of fracturing between the WJC and ANU.”
“The regime in Ochridae has been a thorn of Viliakmon before the war officially even began. They do not have a goal. It is delusion and disconnect from reality which fuels them.”
“Merimang Island in of itself is an even greater exaggeration of the previous frame of mind. Vehsi still defending the Outlaw Declaration shows a caricature of disconnected elites. Their goal is to return status quo (which is impossible) and keep this corpse of a regime on life support…Though there are some exceptions among them.”

If anything, this disrupted the previously calm demeanor of three representatives approach to one another. Although they were moderates, articulating the other sides lead them to experience a short fuse of self-awareness.

2 Likes