Rising from the Sarcophagus [1 ABT]

“Son of a bitch, he almost had me there. At least he fought valiantly, been long since i had a good duel. Pack his body and sent it to Nenothrond, i want it to be there this same day. And send me a medic to close this wound.”

Multiple guards rush into the room, most to Nínion’s dead, decapitated body to carry it away. A nother one comes to duke Estaron with a first aid kit, quickly closing his wound with a skin welder.

Captain Mirion approaches the duke

“Always sad to see a high noble die, but he would have been just a issue”

“He will be like this too, if not even more. His young daughter will take the throne and she will definitely not be on our side, and with her youth will act with a lot less thinking and a lot more rapidly. And the other nobles will use his death as justification to join in too.”

“So what are we to do?”

“The same we planned, no turning back now. Mirion, you have fought with the imperial navy both in the Tiyanki territories and in the wormhole war, you know it probably better than most of my men. I promote you to admiral and order you to prepare the fleet for a direct attack on Nenothrond, we can’t leave it behind our backs. I want to see offensive actions tomorrow. Got that?”

“It shall be done.”

With this Rising from the sarcophagus ends. The story of the Lanthirphen heresy and the chaos that followed is to be continued in the stars devided thread

3 Likes