Registry of Inetez

"Polati plans a more proactive foreign policy for Inetez"

"Non-interventionism does not limit proactivity", says the Diyan Vezier

"Inetezi News-International Department" is one of many public-private joint investment companies within Inetez. What separates INIT from others is that it is accountable only to the general public. We've conducted an interview with incumbent Diyan Vezier, Vihan Polati, regarding his plans for the second portion of his term in office.

INIT: "You have recently appointed the Grand Porta of External Affairs as your 'Deputy' let's call it. Is this a sign of what you plan to do in 2023 and 2024?"

DV Polati: "Partially. The choice was made both because what I intend to conduct, personally, involves the need for better communication with GP of EF and the diplomatic corpus. However, there is also the more personal-professional factor where I believe that they'll be able to accomplish these tasks."

INIT: "What do you plan to conduct and which tasks are needed to be accomplished efficiently, precisely?"

DV Polati: "It's in my perspective to lead a more proactive foreign policy, namely through visiting other nations, those which our embassies recommend us to."

INIT: "Some would call this an abandonment of non-interventionism which Inetez has religiously followed since establishing the Directorate regime."

DV Polati: "That's a very speculative position. Our response towards Humania shows that we intend to keep a generally neutral portfolio on the international domain. People might be mistaking what non-interventionism entails. Non-interventionism does not limit proactivity, it doesn't mean remaining passive and expecting everything to be accomplished through domestic policy."

INIT: "I see... You say that you will be conducting these on recommendation of the state's embassies in each country? Which countries are on mind for now?"

DV Polati: "It's just recently been issued to the diplomatic corpus. This is a long-term plan, so the list is not exhaustive. It's flexible."

INIT: "Could you be more precise on what you have received as of now then?"

DV Polati: "Off the top of my head; Weisserstein, Koros, Kliegme, Pelinai, Esfalsa, perhaps more."

INIT: "Interesting. So what do you plan to achieve from these diplomatic visits? I am also noticing a pattern; the listed countries include relatively 'small' nations who are not yet in major alliances with one exception. I want to ask, is your intention to revert back to the "The Guardianship" foreign policy Inetez approached with during the Cold War?"

DV Polati: "Nothing particularly. Every nation is different. We will see. I will assess the situation and see if we could accomplish something more than cordial relations. I don't see how this is controversial.... However, I must completely rebute the claim that this is a return to the old foreign policy. As I've said, this isn't an exhaustive list. It's open and the recommendation list is still incomplete."

INIT: "One statement in that, where you don't believe that this procedure is controversial. Do you plan to do something other that is related to diplomatic activity that would be considered 'controversial'?"

DV Polati: "...I, believe, that we should consider...A reconciliation approach..."

INIT: "ALRIGHT! That's all for INIT.......I understood what you alluded to near the end."

1 Like