Regional moderation reform package

What is being suggested is anti democracy nonsense disguised in fancy language.

I think this a perfect example of what the Local Council should be doing:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=840263

I did mean Z-Day, I’ll correct my post.

And, no, the Cabinet will manage such an issue. Ya know, the Ministry of Culture, Engagement, the Prime Minister, etc.

Quick question for whomever proposed this.
How often do you post on the RMB?
If you never post on the RMB,why on earth should you decide for us?

1 Like

Hello. That would be me you’re talking about.

Here is my RMB post history. If you’re like “why did HS stop posting on the RMB”, I would say it’s because it’s a spamish nightmare devoid of any structure or order and therefore I don’t enjoy posting there.

And you call this a democracy!
the will of less than two percent of the region dictating policy in a region of over 13,000, without any representative for the regional message board either.

Oh and another thing.Do you understand how hated this “reform” is amomgst the people it will affect?Your reputation will be tarnished forever and there will be a mass exodus from TSP.With that considered,why pass this?

Why does “the regional message board” need a “representative”? Simply apply to join the Great Council per the normal procedure, or sign up for the Assembly per the normal procedure.

In general debate on law, on policy that affects them, do we have one, no! I believe there was a vote for one of the previous forums, that was not passed, does that not express that the government has no wish of the people for the south pacifican message board to not have a say?

That is like telling a low income person “just run for the Senate”.Some just do not that level of pressure or have lives.

If you cannot engage in meaningful and good faith debate, please exit this forum and come back when you’re ready to do so. There is a way to express disagreement and have a dialogue about what it is you think the RMB should be and should have. This is not it.

The last hour of posts in this thread have been low quality, disruptive, and now @Bhjarati you are veering into blatantly bad faith attempts to say certain people don’t count or don’t deserve to legislate. HS has been a member of our legislature (something you possibly only just learned about) for a long time, and has served as our government leader before. Your attempt to de-legitimize others’ constitutional right to legislate is sad and inappropriate.

If you are only here to disrupt this debate because you dislike the idea, then you are not maintaining decorum and you joined in bad faith.

If there is a mass exodus of people that don’t participate in government, then would we miss it anyway? I hate to say this, but we make it so easy to get involved in regional government that it is silly and blatantly unhelpful to call this proposal authoritarian, oligarchic, autocratic, or whatever heavy-handed term you, or anyone else, would like to use to the further betterment of this region and the proposals meant to help the process along.

The vast, vast, VAST majority of the region does not ever see or let alone use the RMB, so to say that you represent the majority is also false as well.

I am sorry, I shall retire for the evening, I am not in a good state of mind and I am stressed and tired and it has clouded my better judgement.
And I am trying to suggest that the government listens to the wish of the RMB more, as you would probably be surprised at the amount of people reluctant to join the forums to debate upon the finer points of how they are governed.

I love the implications that we’re being undemocratic when this is literally a proposal attached to a vote. You don’t like it, suck it up and vote against, that’s democracy baby.

That being said, this bad boy has my unequivocal, yee-hawing support!

I mean this in the best way possible.But if they don’t see the RMB,why should they decide its fuure?

I’d like to pose these questions to you:

• Is RMB spam a serious issue and top priority that needs to be addressed?
  • Is RMB spam not being dealt with sufficiently lately?
  • What does a “good” RMB look like to you?

I’m not one of those screaming for the LC on a platter, but over my four terms as a member of the LC, it’s become painfully obvious it’s broken and in serious need of revamping. I would prefer that to be some group voted on by the rmb regulars to be involved with events, most likely under the aegis of whatever ministry is most appropriate. But I’ve also thought a lot about the the other powers and it’s just cumbersome to keep it the way it is, and I’d prefer there to be just a few mods who deal with the trolls and flames without any of the other fluff getting in the way.

I have an answer:
Yes
About 50/50
Relativley active with little spam

What specifically do you mean by “relatively active?” What specific things are happening in that scenario?

About 3 posts every 2 minutes.