Regional moderation reform package

Why not 1-2 mods with chosen here with BC and 1-3 mods(no BC) elected by people on the RMB?
It would lessen uproar on the RMB for them being able to elect some of their moderators.
the ones without BC will be able to supress until the delegate/mod with BC comes and they ban the person who is breaking the rules.

Elected BC isn’t going to happen.

People shouldn’t have any expectation of being able to elect their own moderators. That’s just not a reasonable stance to have, no matter how “democratic” we might want to be. Moderation is a serious task that should be done by individuals specifically selected for it without it being a popularity contest.

Didn’t think that was the current argument, I’m suggesting we stop pussyfooting around and just make two rmb mods, with bc powers. These would be totally separate from whatever else gets considered. They’d have guidelines they could use, and we’d have less problems.

1 Like

I’m just going to say this here:

We can all agree the Local Council needs to be reformed. However, I feel as if this plan is quite literally the same as the current situation we have now. If we’re going to complain about how foolish and silly the Local Council is, maybe we shouldn’t carbon copy the situation with the exception of the “Councilors” being appointed.

However, if this is enacted, I would support the Administration Team appointing the moderators. That’s logical.

This is insane.Why on earth get rid of a democratically elected body?I see this as a undemocratic power grab by a slect few of elites who think they know best for a place they are rarely active in.

Well if it does come to pass I expect some of the more active members of the community on the RMB will leave the region, there will be serious hate of the government and it’s decisions. If in the end it does come to pass that the RMB is unable to vote for their own moderators, I strongly advise you to choose moderators that the RMB likes, or is popular within the community, because then they may accept this government’s choices.

You may say what you will but this, in the eyes of the RMB, is an undemocratic power grab in favour of an Oligarchic government, My view on this matter is not so radical, but It will be bad for this government and this region’s reputation for this to come to pass.

Wait what the–

Okay, Oligarchic , I got mixed up between authoritarian and oligarchic

My post was replying to Bhjarati’s suggestion prior to their post being edited that BC be given to elected moderators. There are elected moderators already, and that’s bad enough, at least they don’t have BC.

1 Like

I did not suggest elected BC, I meant 1-2 with BC who are chosen by the government, and 1-3 without BC elected by the RMB with only the ability to create in game polls and supress messages.

Ah yes,how shameful that people elect people to decide things on their behalf.
Thats sarcasam btw.

Isn’t there like a RO limit or something?

Oh, there is.
why not 2 BC elected by government and 1 no BC not elected by government

1 Like

What is “government?” The Assembly? Cabinet? CRS? Admin Team? Explain, please.

The Cabinet or the Chair.

You explicitly said otherwise before your edit, but it’s irrelevant since you are no longer advancing this idea.

First, the proposal I authored and which Jay has re-published does not outline for moderators to be chosen by the government, it outlines for them to be selected by the moderation team. This is more proper: moderation needs to be conducted by apolitical moderation rather than politically oriented ones. The proposal, by default, bestows those moderators with the ability to suppress posts and then additionally gives the CRS the ability to vest them with border control powers.

Second, the Cabinet is able to deliver the need for in game polls and events. Right now, they do not, because they lack legal authority or mandate.

All of you who enjoy the Local Council’s … whatever … should let me know how gr8 the Local Council has done with Z-Day a few days from now. I’ll put it on my calendar to ask :slight_smile:

Moderators are not and will not be elected, ever. Stop suggesting it. Not only is incredibly poor community management – choosing moderators is not a popularity contest, plenty of socially popular people are untrustworthy – it’s a violation of longstanding constitutional principles regarding the separation of OOC administration and IC government.

The Chair of the Assembly?! They just handle voting procedures and the smooth and steady flow of the Assembly

and plus what HS said, the Admin Team in Jay’s proposal would appoint these moderators.

Okay then, the moderation team, and you mean Z-day because N-day has passed and the MoFa I believe was the one to organise TSP for N-day, not the LC’s