Great War Reworks (and minor stuff)

So, as I’ve been working on the Great War for the Father States I’ve realized that there are some interesting developments of the Great War upon both further examination and the recent removal of Tekarai and Techganet.

Essentially, I have noticed a couple things:

Without Tekarai, there are no combatants in the Med, as it is stated that Ezervulge did not join as its potential ally was defeated, so unless one changes the Ubesii lore to have them be a belligerent of their own volition then there are none. Even then, having Ubesii on its own would be laughable in comparison to the might of the Stoinian and Sedunnic navies, so I find it unreasonable to think that Ubesii would be self-confident enough to start a war against them (or, alternatively, even if it does, I would doubt that it alone would really make a difference). So… I’m not sure that the Mediterranean Front in 1949 exists anymore, unless one says that Ezervulge was more confident in this new, tekarailess timeline (or introduce a new threat, though I don’t know who that’d be…)

2nd; there might be more focus on the campaign for the Central Islands. Considering that all major Imperialist combatants are on Cordillia (and Crabry with Kliegme being Karnetvor’s colony) and most allied nations are on Baltiem and Bareland (the notable exception being Ryccia) the Central islands are not only a war goal for Karnetvor but an existential threat for both the Father States and the Frankists, considering that it would allow fresh troops from the allies to start attacking the Imperialist heartland and bolstering the holdouts in Besern and Eflad. The Father States and Frankists would have been able to overrun the holdouts eventually without allied aid, and Ryccia couldn’t stand alone against both of them (likely why they never pursued a direct invasion of the Father States) so I believe the eventual breakthrough in the Central Islands is the true turning point of the war.

3: The Great War seems to have largely become an “East vs West” war, as (going what’s on the Great War page) there are no major combatants in the East besides a Karnetvorian territory (assuming that my interpretation of the text is correct and Irkiya was a former karnetvorian territory) and Fauderland (which, going on wiki content, has done absolutely nothing and is a belligerent in name only) This isn’t necessarily a bad thing and could even explain why Cordilia tends to be more unstable than Baltiem, as it dealt with most of the affects of the war. It’s moreso just something to consider.

Feel free to use this thread for general discussions about the GW as well.

7 Likes

I might actually rework the DPRR history a bit and have the Welgrund regime side with Karnetvor

1 Like

Tekarai is actually staying, but in a different form. It will now be the name of the regime that ruled Ubesii (and possibly a bunch of Ubesian colonies that are left vague). Ubesii had a potent navy with some large and significant surface combatants that Sedunn could not allow to join the other Imperialist forces, so the events in the Med in 1949 will remain largely unchanged.

I agree that the Central Islands will be even more important now. Are there things that need to change?

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying this.

In terms of changes; probably not many, but also potentially some. From the allied perspective, for a good ~2 years the campaign for the Central Islands is probably the main front of the war, so I think we might just want to put more focus on it. Maybe some more back and forth as well when the Father States enter the fray over there rather than a simple stalemate (maybe some changes to the timeline, as the FS might decide to enter before Karnetvor is fully pushed out on that front) There might be some Frankist naval forces there but to my knowledge they were mostly tied up fighting the Frost Empire, so there wouldn’t be a large presence from them (if there is at all)

1 Like

Hence why Keanu and Hurley is the most powerful and important nation in the world.

Izaakia is also feeling lonely in the west.

I agree to all of this.

Will the FS peace out or should there be a ground invasion? It might be difficult for the allies to pull off.

The Termina front disagrees on frontline importance.

For the DPRR rework I was thinking the Welgrund Regime (Federal Republic of Rekiva) would forge a secret pact with Karnetvor to hit the allies and keep them preoccupied in the Med with Tekarai until a decisive naval battle cripples the Welgrund navy. This would force the regime to sue for peace since they couldn’t risk the opening of a second front with the entrance of the Frost empire.

Perhaps the Battle of the Sea of Sedunn in May 1950 (where a joint Imperialist taskforce was defeated by Sedunn, supported by Stoinia and Ryccia) would be a good match for this event?

1 Like

Sounds good

The idea as of now is that it is a combined allied invasion of occupied territories + a massive revolutionary force working to liberate all of those territories, including the Ikaranara region and Pastrala. Essentially, allied invasion +rebels in occupied territories, allied support to rebels for the Father States heartland.

Thinking of having my third plot be a minor ally/imperialist nation during the GW. what front would benefit the most with an extra participant on either side?

There is the hole near Huawan. It is stated that the imperialists invaded Huawan- right now, due to the removal of Techganet, there would only be Karnetvor, who also is trying to hold in the Central Islands, Crabry and the front with Izaakia that opens up. Having someone in that region to not only take Techganet’s role in reinforcing against the Izaakians, but to also take a larger role in the invasion of Huawan. @Castemura

4 Likes

Maybe Jakub, N&GB, Kaunanagaz?

2 Likes

Well lookin at the map, I see some very interesting options

I can claim either 046 or 042 in the map. 046 has land access to Karnetvor, 042 has a larger coastline and would help in establishing imperialist dominance in the Gulf of good Omen but no land access with Karentvor unless Zulghan allows land access

For a offensive in Huawan, probably the best plot for that would be 055 since it has a large frontline and allows imperialist forces to attack from multiple sides

Waht do y’all think?

3 Likes

It depends on what you want your nation’s role to be, really- whether you want it to have a front against Huawan (and maybe be within Huawan’s sphere of influence during the CW) or want to be more involved with Izaakia, karnetvor and the other south cordilian nations

2 Likes

South Cordilia looks like a hot mess rn so it looks like a very interesting place to settle in

Also, should we discuss about the Father State’s invasion and occupation of Castemura here as well?

1 Like

You can, but most of the information is on the wiki, just pretend all of the instances of Cadiz is castemura

1 Like

Read through it, would like to give my thoughts

Its mostly good. One thing of note is that Castemura at this time was still Stoinian territory. So most likely, imstead of the royals of Cadiz, it would probably be a Captain General or a Viceroy (will work out with Maverick)

Second note would be my plans for a possible collaborationist government (like that of Norway during Nazi occupation), where a local would be selected as the leader for the occupied region and manage internal affairs. Would the Father States had allowed this or would they just take it whole?

1 Like

@Kobegr01 what did your nations do in the GW?

Also @Flaming check ot the above post and gimme your thoughts

2 Likes

The Father States’ main goal wasn’t integration, but to be able to push the industrial workload onto non-indavral populations. So, it stands to reason that as long as there was a leader willing to collaborate in that way (probably seeing simply working under the Father States as the lesser of two evils between rebellion) that the FS would set up a collaborationist government

2 Likes