Great War Reworks (and minor stuff)

Absolutely nothing yet, but the Mitallduk and Krauanagaz plots weren’t exactly organized from 1913-1976. They were having a friendly contest to see who could eradicate the other side fastest, and in 1976 they decided it was a tie. i guess i could probably change the year the civil war ends if necessary but I would rather everyone just pick a side and supply it than change the timeline

Zuhlgan would probably work with the bad or very bad participants, but I don’t have any written history for Zuhlgan yet. I am totally redoing the history for all three plots and I’m only at around 2682 BCE.

3 Likes

If I do end up in 042, Zhulgan might be necessary to link up my nation with Karnetvorian forces

And the civil war thing. The imperialists (or at least me, idk about Karentvor) would probably support whichever side that would serve the imperialist cause better. What was the civil war about?

2 Likes

Alright, a collaborationst government might’ve been set up under Miguel Serrano and the National Syndicalist Union. They wanted to turn Castemura from a (probably backwards) Stoinian colony to a fledgling haven of national syndicalism. Who cares if a couple hundred thousands must be sent to FS work camps to achieve it amirite?

3 Likes

https://wiki.thesouthpacific.org/w/History_of_Krauanagaz_(Pacifica)#The_Regressive_Era_(1849-1902_CE)

That section has some more context, but the stuff below will not change very much, if at all. The rework is mainly BCE to ~1800CE

This is the (uncompleted) wiki page specifically about the civil war
https://wiki.thesouthpacific.org/w/Krauanagazan_Civil_War_(Pacifica)

tl;dr Probably the Mitalldukish side, they were in power and technically the legitimate Krauanagazan government as they were, technically, elected into power. The atrocities and discrimination they carried out against the poor, Krautali, and some Lupritali caused the southern provinces to secede.

Krauanagazan Civil War (1913-1976)

The discriminatory policies of the Heritio Korosha regime, manifested in the Commonization Act (CA) and the Morotra Purges, had sown the seeds of discontent that festered beneath the surface. The Krautali, marginalized and dispossessed, harbored a smoldering resentment against a regime that had systematically stripped them of their rights, culture, and land. The Lupritali, torn between loyalty to the government and a vision of a united nation, found themselves entangled in a web of moral quandaries. The Mitalldukish elite, reveling in newfound privileges, looked upon a fractured society with a sense of entitlement. As the industrialized north thrived, the coastal regions and southern Krauanagaz, once vibrant with Krautali culture, languished in economic disparity. The forced relocation of Krautali communities had severed economic lifelines, leaving once-prosperous coastal villages in ruins. The Mitalldukish settlements, symbols of opulence, further widened the gap between the haves and the have-nots. Unemployment soared, and poverty became a bitter reality for displaced Krautali families. The economic grievances, interwoven with the fabric of discrimination, fueled a simmering anger that awaited its moment of ignition. Underground movements worked tirelessly to revive and preserve Krautali traditions, languages, and heritage. Clandestine gatherings became crucibles of resistance, where the flame of cultural identity burned defiantly against the government’s discrimination. The Tiribtalla faithful, battered but unbroken, continued to resist the desecration of their sacred sites, holding onto the remnants of their spiritual heritage.

[…]

The event that finally ignited the civil war occurred on Nayyatal Island, a region synonymous with Krautali resistance. Faced with systemic discrimination, forced relocations, and economic strife, the people of Nayyatal organized an uprising against the Morotra regime. The once lush landscapes became a battleground as the Krautali fought for their right to exist on ancestral lands. The Second Nayyatal Uprising, a desperate cry for justice and dignity, shook the foundations of the Heritio Korosha regime.

In response, Heritio Korosha authorities deployed overwhelming force, including military units, to suppress the rebellion. The once-peaceful region echoed with the sounds of war, as the Krautali resisted the tyranny of the Morotra regime. The suppression of the Second Nayyatal Uprising marked a turning point, not towards reconciliation, but towards an escalation of violence. Heritio Korosha’s response was ruthless—mass executions, widespread violence, and collective punishment of entire communities.

[…]

Second Uprising of Nayyatal (7-20 April 1913)

The Second Uprising of Nayyatal, occurring between April 7 and April 20, 1913, marked the onset of the Krauanagazan Civil War. The conflict erupted when Heritio Korosha (HK) government forces initiated a brutal campaign to clear the remaining Krautali settlements on the eastern side of Nayyatal, an island with a significant Krautali population. The events that unfolded during this period not only led to a devastating loss of life but also played a pivotal role in the secession of provinces from the Federation, ultimately forming the Southern Krauanagazan Democratic Coalition (SKDC).

The Krautali population on Nayyatal had already faced persecution and forced relocations following the implementation of the Commonization Act in 1902. Tensions escalated as HK forces intensified their discriminatory actions, leading to a resurgence of resistance among the Krautali communities.

Timeline of Events

1. Initiation of the Uprising (7 April 1913):
  • HK government forces, seeking to clear out the remaining Krautali settlements on the eastern side of Nayyatal, encountered fierce resistance from Krautali militias. In response, the HK forces resorted to indiscriminate bombardment of the eastern side of the island.
  1. Mass Casualties (7-16 April 1913):
  • The bombardment resulted in a staggering loss of civilian life, with at least 6,400 Krautali civilians killed and another 13,000 injured. The eastern side of Nayyatal faced widespread destruction as a result of the merciless assault.
  1. Summary Executions (16-20 April 1913):
  • Undeterred by the resistance, HK forces advanced into the eastern half of Nayyatal on April 16. In a disturbing turn of events, they began summarily executing any Krautali male they suspected to be 18 or older. The final death toll, while still unknown, is estimated by experts to be nearly 22,500 Krautali killed during the period between April 7 and April 20.
  1. Forced Relocation (20 April 1913):
  • The surviving Krautali, traumatized by the violence, were forcibly removed from Nayyatal. They were relocated south to Kevluarital on Kevprital Island, further exacerbating the displacement and dislocation of indigenous communities.
  1. Secession of Provinces (5 May 1913):
  • In response to the horrific events on Nayyatal, the provinces of Kevpríg, Lutavaras Arkas, and Krauana Lupriyra collectively seceded from the Federation on May 5, 1913. This coalition declared itself the Southern Krauanagazan Democratic Coalition (SKDC) and sought to establish an alternative to the oppressive HK regime.
  1. Military Assets and Detentions (May 1913):
  • The newly formed SKDC provincial governments moved swiftly to secure Federation military assets within their provinces. Any military personnel who refused to align with the SKDC were detained, creating a volatile situation as allegiances were tested and a militarized response unfolded.

Legacy and Impact

The Second Uprising of Nayyatal marked the opening days of the Krauanagazan Civil War that would last for decades. The horrifying loss of life and the brutal tactics employed by HK forces galvanized the provinces into secession, leading to the formation of the SKDC. The events on Nayyatal underscored the urgency for international attention and intervention, highlighting the need for addressing the deep-seated ethnic tensions and discriminatory policies that fueled the conflict.

Formation of Southern Krauanagazan Democratic Coalition

The second uprising of Nayyatal in 1913 marked a harrowing chapter in Krauanagaz’s history. Heritio Korosha (HK) forces, seeking to clear out remaining Krautali settlements, encountered fierce resistance from Krautali militias on the eastern side of the island. The response was brutal: indiscriminate bombardment, summary executions, and forced relocation. The toll was staggering, with an estimated 22,500 Krautali lives lost between April 7 and April 20, 1913. In the aftermath of this horrific event, the surviving Krautali population was forcibly removed from Nayyatal and relocated to Kevluarital on Kevprital Island. The scale of the tragedy prompted the provinces of Kevpríg, Lutavaras Arkas, and Krauana Lupriyra to secede from the Federation on May 5, 1913. Forming the Southern Krauanagazan Democratic Coalition (SKDC), these provinces sought to resist the discriminatory policies of the HK regime.

The SKDC swiftly moved to secure Federation military assets within their territories and detained any military personnel refusing to align with their cause. This declaration of secession laid the foundation for a protracted conflict that would shape the future of Krauanagaz.

2 Likes

Just recommending and disappearing;

004 or 049-051. 051: Huawans’ main river is <10km away from 051s’ end of the Central Cordilian mountain chain.
049 and 050 have a coastline which is located west, away from (?any?) maritime conflict, while Hai Men occurs later in the war (mid-1952).
004 is more difficult and uh a brave choice lore-wise.

2 Likes

Plot 055 is almost as large as Pelinai and has a good climate for relatively high population density, so a pro-imperialist nation there could be a major power on the imperialist side if you want it to be.

On the subject of which front you should pick, I’d say that there are a few decent options. Plots 099 or 086 would let you invade Eflad+Besern or Ryccia, respectively, while 068 would let you bother Corinia and/or Termina. I would, however, strongly discourage you from considering anywhere in the Mediterranean theater, since Imperialist nations there are hardlocked from participating in the war in any meaningful way. Anywhere else is at least a decent option, so pick whatever you think is best.

2 Likes

049-051 looks pretty interesting but its pretty distant from any major fronts as far as I’m aware

004 is just :skull:

1 Like

I’ll put those into consideration as well. So outside Mediterranean it seems other fronts are much more flexible

Alright after sleeping througg it I change my mind. Will revisit plot 042 next time tho, see yall South Cordilians in 3 months time

@Kobegr01 dont let Zhulgan commit very awesome crimes against humanity without me

2 Likes