Forum Feedback

I’ve had that issue a few times as well; a hard refresh seems to solve it. I don’t recall ever touching the dark-light toggle, though. (I did manually set the userSelectedScheme cookie to auto, though :stuck_out_tongue: — couldn’t figure out how else to do that.)

When i click on text there is “quote” button it doesn’t for me or the explanation on how it works is bad

the amount of text without scrolling is
too low

I have evidence of text overlapping

And i can’t see your reply at the same time as i write mine

Also different complaint that isn’t really related to the mobile compatibility it just that someone chose a weird type of dark mode and the entire styling choices are weird to me like bookmarks between notifications and private messages

Also doesn’t sound believe that there is any website that is 100% compatible for either computers or mobile

Also my original comment wasn’t about compatibility alone it is about that it cost me a lot of effort to move myself to the new forums and that I’m not sure if it was worth it i used compatibility as as example even without compatibility issues there are problems with it

Your phone screen resolution is small, so I would recommend going into your forum profile settings and changing the font sizing so that you can see more text at a time. I can’t imagine these forums are the only website you have difficulty with, unfortunately. Certainly the previous forums weren’t better.

The mobile interface composer is full screen. In that screenshot, you have it minimized. Click it again and the composer will return to full size. That’s the intended UX across phone devices, otherwise the textarea would be pretty small.

For quoting, nobody has reported a similar issue, so the most likely thing happening here is user error. When you highlight partial text in a post, a “quote” button is shown. If it’s not appearing for you, then it’s likely that your Android software is old and the browser on your phone doesn’t support the feature.

I was running into the same issue with it, too. I think I’ve fixed this. The light color scheme wasn’t enabled to be selected by users, even though it was the default color scheme. It’s selectable now and that fixed it for me.

It might sound like a strange guarantee, but I do guarantee that it was a worthwhile transition for you personally.
The new forums are built upon Discourse. I do recommend looking into Meta Discourse or regular Discourse as it’s a useful platform for introducing you to contemporary essential concepts such as GitHub repositories and how to use them.
Even without doing that, eventually you’ll have to make a post on here using HTML+CSS, which (sadly) are still required to be learned for any development of software. From there, I recommend learning JScript XML or any of its’ variants - tutorials available on the above mentioned platforms.

TLDR:
The new forums give incentive for you personally to improve yourself - knowledge and capabilities - in areas you’ll likely need at some time in the future.

My phone is Huawei P40 Pro which is Android 11 based which isn’t old at all

Btw the problem isn’t the button showing up it just that it seems to do nothing i press it and click the reply button like in the explanation but it doesn’t do what it doesn’t do anything and it doesn’t matter how long i press the button it just doesn’t do anything especially not quoting

The only place where i changed my text appearance is text weight which doesn’t affect anything and i didn’t say the last forum where better no god no it just that if i don’t complain about the problems they never have chance of being fixed or me learning to fix my side problems because i would probably not know a lot of this without complaining about problems and i would just suffer alone

5 posts were split to a new topic: Duplicate notifications issue

Hope it’s the right thread. Is there any way to import/copy threads from the new forum on this one?

You can copy the content manually or just link to the archived thread. The MyBB forum had several too many levels of subforums to make transferring all content over feasible.

I’m sorry but your issues are not reproducible, so there’s nothing I can do to help you. Quoting works, as I’ve shown above. The most likely answer here is user error. The quoted text in placed in the composer. Look there. If it’s not,I unfortunately can’t be of any further assistance as I don’t have your phone model and don’t intend on buying it.

Your phone screen resolution is small, I don’t know if you’ve changed any settings on your phone. But the screenshot you’ve posted definitely shows a low resolution. The Huawei P40 Pro specs are not that far off from the iPhone 12 Pro Max that I use. But as you can see in the screenshot I posted, the resolution within your browser is different. The text is very large and the UI itself seems to have a small viewport overall. Maybe switch browsers?

For text size, I’m talking about the interface settings on this forum, located in your profile. Try going from the default to a smaller text size and see if that helps.

Maybe I’m just goofy, but I can’t find the actual roleplay forum here

You’ve posted in one of the RP categories already, Pacifica. They’re located under the “Roleplay Universes” banner on the categories page.

To provide an update on this, I uninstalled the toggle as it’s no longer supported. Changes to the Discourse core code aren’t compatible with the way it worked.

I found the solution, double clicking the quote button

And i realised this sometime after i replied

Are you supposed to be able to flag yourself or is it a bug?

Ah perhaps this is the culprit. I’ll copy-paste what I sent in the discord last night.

Hi, I’ve been having an issue with the forum where periodically I have to reload the page and every time I do, it changes to light mode. Like I even went and changed dark to be my regular color, and it just did it again. Is this a system thing or am I very dumb? Pls help me, my eyes can’t handle the bright :smiling_face_with_tear:

Thanks for your help.

Ok, thank you!

Should we expect this feature to return in the future if the issues are resolved? I rather enjoyed the option of toggling between light and dark mode.

Maybe, hard to say it’ll ever return. It’s likely not high priority, given the same functionality already exists in the base software.

Also, I should have RP mod privileges. I do not appear to have them.