Concluding Approval Polling: Henn Cabinet (August 1, 2023 – November 1, 2023)

Concluding Approval Polling

Prime Minister elections are starting tomorrow, with this term slated to come to an end on November 1. As we head into them, how do we feel about this past term?

Approval Ratings

Responses to these polls are fully anonymous; only the overall results will be visible.

What is your overall level of approval or disapproval with Prime Minister ProfessorHenn’s administration this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)
0 voters
What is your overall level of approval or disapproval with ProfessorHenn as Prime Minister this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)
0 voters
What is your overall level of approval or disapproval with Legend as Minister of On-Site Events this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)
0 voters
What is your overall level of approval or disapproval with Maverick as Minister of Roleplay this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)
0 voters
What is your overall level of approval or disapproval with Shibuya-Kanon (Kotoha Tanaka) as Minister of Defense this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)
0 voters
What is your overall level of approval or disapproval with HumanSanity as Minister of Foreign Affairs this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)
0 voters
What is your overall level of approval or disapproval with Pronoun as Minister of Integration this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)
0 voters
What is your overall level of approval or disapproval with EmC (Em) as Director of the Office of World Assembly Legislation this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)
0 voters

Open-Ended Responses

For open-ended questions, please fill out this Google Form. Responses are fully anonymous and will only be seen by me. This poll will close in about 24 hours.

Not quite 24 hours yet, but with declarations now open (check them out!) I couldn’t help taking a look.

Edit: Now that the polls are closed, I’m pretty sure the numbers in this post are accurate to the final tallies.

To me, the general sentiment seems to be that this term was more than the sum of its parts. As of writing, the overall approval rating for the administration this term stands at 4.1 — higher than the approval rating for every member of the Cabinet, including Prime Minister ProfessorHenn themselves, other than Minister of Defense Kotoha Tanaka. I guess there’s something we see in the Cabinet as a whole during this term that we haven’t really seen with individual ministers, or at least, we aren’t sure which minister(s) to ascribe it to. Overall, however, sentiment seems mostly positive; all members of the Cabinet other than Minister of Roleplay Maverick have net positive approval ratings (greater than three, the neutral score), and Maverick’s not far off with a rating of 2.94.

If I were ProfessorHenn and eyeing reelection, I would be feeling pretty good right now! It’s still very early in the election, and a lot of things can change. But Henn’s looking at a personal approval rating of 4.05, up from 3.48 at the end of their last term; and the 4.1 scored by their administration this term is also up from the 3.48 that their previous administration earned.

We had two members of the Cabinet this term returning from positions in the previous term, as well. HumanSanity is sitting at an approval rating of 3.68 for their performance as Minister of Foreign Affairs, an improvement of 0.60 from their last stint in that position, and also 0.46 points higher than their rating as Minister of Regional Affairs last term. Pronoun (just bear with me while I refer to myself in the third person for a moment lol) has an approval rating of 3.89, which is 0.35 points higher than their approval rating as Minister of Foreign Affairs last term.

I think there’s definitely still a lot of potential for things to shift around, though! I couldn’t think of any hot-button issues to poll about this time around (definitely a change from the last election cycle!) but I can’t help but wonder if anybody is looking to change up the narrative, and how that might affect these approval ratings. It’s been a fairly quiet term in terms of Cabinet accountability from the Assembly or the general public, but elections are always a good time to spice things up…

Also, cake is currently winning in the Google Form poll, so clearly it’s being rigged. But I’ll try to post the results around the 24 hour mark — there’s still a few hours to submit your responses (and/or nominate people in the declarations topic :stuck_out_tongue:).

And the responses to the write-in poll are in! Here are the results, out of seven responses.

Who would you like to see run for Prime Minister?

• ProfessorHenn: 4
  • Concrete Slab: 3
  • Pronoun: 3
  • Legend: 2
  • Evinea: 1
  • Griffindor: 1
  • Konsa: 1
  • Kotoha Tanaka: 1
  • Purple Hyacinth: 1

One additional response stated that they were not sure, but hoped it would not be the “same old ones.”

Who would you like to see in the next Cabinet?

• Concrete Slab: 4
  • Pronoun: 4
  • Drew Durrnil: 3
  • Legend: 2
  • USoVietnam: 2
  • (Senator) Frost: 1
  • Age of Utopia: 1
  • Griffindor: 1
  • Kotoha Tanaka: 1
  • Kris Kringle: 1
  • Maverick: 1
  • ProfessorHenn: 1
  • Purple Hyacinth: 1
  • Silvae: 1
  • waffledogefern: 1

What is the most important issue in the Prime Minister election for you?

• Culture and Events: 2
  • Foreign Affairs: 2
  • Integration: 1
  • On-Site Activities: 1

One additional response stated that all issues were important, but that Foreign Affairs and On-Site Activities were particularly important at the moment.

Cake or pie?

• Cake: 4
  • Ice Cream: 2
  • Pie: 1
1 Like

It’s not yet the end of the term, so I don’t want to spoil the mood just yet, but I do want to provide some of my own thoughts on this cabinet’s approval polling eventually. Some things I do want to add:

This one is weird to comment on, since I both understand the sentiment and desperately seek to know what the line would be, so to speak, for “same old ones”. I do think we need some more fresh blood getting involved (s/o to Trivalve for running so far), but without specific names or energy, it’s hard to get that going.

I wonder if we couldn’t ask for a proposed position next time, or at least a broad area of responsibility. To take Pronoun as an example, do those 4 folks want them in Foreign Affairs, Integration, Defense, or something else?

I had hoped this one would be a multiple choice. For clarity’s sake, I voted Foreign Affairs, since that’s the issue that requires more careful thought and consideration with less room for error, imo, but I would have put FA as well as Integration.

Oh, and if anyone’s curious about the distribution of responses, here you go:

Approval Poll Results

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.