Concluding Approval Polling: Henn Cabinet (2/23-7/23)

After I did the election opinion poll for the current PM and Delegate election, there was some discussion on Discord about what approval numbers might look like for the outgoing PM and their Cabinet. As a result, I wanted to run a small poll on this. Please answer the polls below, there’s one on the administration as a whole, each member of Cabinet, and a few specific events/ideas. Please also feel free to comment and speculate wildly on things.

What is your overall approval of Prime Minister ProfessorHenn’s overall administration throughout this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your overall approval of ProfessorHenn as Prime Minister this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your overall approval of Maluhia as Minister of Culture this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your overall approval of Griffindor as Minister of Engagement this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your overall approval of HumanSanity as Minister of Foreign Affairs this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your overall approval of Concrete Slab as Minister of Defense this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your overall approval of Concrete Slab as Director of the Office of WA Legislation this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your overall approval of Pronoun as Minister of Foreign Affairs this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your overall approval of Amerion as Minister of Foreign Affairs this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your overall approval of HumanSanity as Minister of Regional Affairs this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your approval of the administration’s handling of events with TNP this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your approval of the administration’s integration and engagement plans for new members this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

What is your approval of the administration’s cultural events this term? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

Rate your thoughts on the administration’s decision to abolish the ambassador corps? (5 = Highly Approve; 1 = Highly Disapprove)

0 voters

A few thoughts now that the polling window has closed.

• For the people who weren’t giving Slab’s MoD tenure a 5, what exactly are you expecting from a Minister? I thought Slab was one of the most talented, if not the most talented, MoDs we’ve ever had. Admittedly, he dropped off the map a bit near the end instead of communicating with the PM about it, so that’s not great, but for a good bit there he was running the SPSF like an infinitely growing well oiled machine.
  • I wish I had broken out the TNP question better. I expect there were detractors on both “sides” of the soft vs. strong on TNP spectrum, and this poll just lumped them all together. To some extent, we can see people’s thoughts from the three separate MoFA approval polls (e.g. myself, Pronoun, and Amerion), but even then a lot of that could be about execution rather than decision-making (for example, I know I dinged Pronoun because even though I thought the strategy of apologizing at that stage was correct, I think the execution needed significant improvements).
  • I’m a bit surprised the decision to abolish the ambassador corps fared as well as it did. I stand by it as a decision, but it wasn’t exactly a populist decision, rather an administratively necessary one.
  • I’m curious what people wanted from our cultural events, besides “more” and “better promotion”. I think SeasPride had good structure and then bad follow through (in large part due to my RL intervening during the event but not before it). Perhaps it merits thinking about how to bring more people into the process, which I know has been a focus of some questions in the PM campaign threads.