Besernian Amalgamated Press

besern-bap-logoshort Besernian Amalgamated Press
Digital Edition

[FORUM] [PACIFICA]
OPINION: Is Humania really a threat?
* BVP correspondent Wilhelmine Vogt speaks on the Humania fiasco.

* A photograph of the new MCU-Horse Tank from official Humania government sources.

What comes to mind when you hear Humania in the news? At least the word “sanctions” and “foreign government threats” come to mind. Besern has shut off all trade and has started operations against Humanian assets, Ikaranara has declared Humania a ‘rogue state’ and Thalapadis threatened “(intervention) further in any way we see necessary”. On the other hand, Humania has built the wall of Samia in light of “a series of foreign government threats” and have decided to secure MCU-Venom Tank assets. Despite the spine-shivering power of Humania’s new MCU-Venom tank and possibly military remarked as “a war crime on wheels”, have the international community overreacted? I believe, perhaps not.

The new MCU-Venom tank is a chemical-warfare based tank that is “designed with a special nozzle, the tank spews a dangerous hydrochloric acid mixture that can spray up to 50 feet.” The tank is covered “in acid proof metals in order to avoid getting burned itself” and “maintains a very agile and mobile characteristic.”, according to official Humanian government sources. Already, the entire concept of this tank is an international law violation, as large-scale chemical warfare and the production of chemical weapons is banned by the World Forum by the Grovne Conventions. Never mind international law, this is an unconventional, inhumane form of warfare by moral precedence. This is not helped by the fact that most nations do not possess chemical weapons. It would make sense that this MCU-Venom tank would be very unacceptable internationally and especially in the Cordilia region, a country producing this on their front door is a threat in itself, even if it is only used defensively. Especially not helped since Humania is a dictatorship desiring military superiority with their military as one of their major industries, which could give them a severe military and diplomatic leverage over countries in the region in the same leverage that a nation with a nuclear weapons arsenal would have. The exception however, is that this would be ten times worse since this leverage is accessible only to a country with chemical weapons, which does not consist of that much countries.

Immediately, Thalapadis, bordering Humania, believed this is a threat to their nationhood and threatened to intervene should Humania not destroy the new MCU-Venom tanks. Furthermore, Besern enacted Operation ‘School Laboratory’ against all Humanian assets in Besern and a total and complete sanction on Humanian trade. However, Humania is unfazed and states that the tanks will only be used for “defensive purposes in case of an offense only” and that “we will not tolerate being bullied into submission, and our research and development of the tank will continue as scheduled.”

Out comes the new MCU-Horse Tank and Bullfrog. Even though the MCU-Horse Tank is realistically a deadweight since it uses incendiary weapons as its main weapon and outside illegal usages like in an urban environment, would be unnecessary to perform conventional tasks of a handheld military flamethrower, and that the Bullfrog can only realistically intefere with a fighter’s navigation and communications from the ground and has a 69% accurate long-range AA gun, these inventions are all the more horrifying. Never mind that the MCU-Venom tank is a gas guzzler and expensive to make and maintain. These endeavours of attempting to establish military superiority, at least presumably in the region, should be a warning sign that Humania is getting ready to hold Cordilia hostage, regardless of legality of their means. From this, it is only fair for foreign governments to percieve this as a possible growing threat against their peoples and sovereignty and take immediate action. This is less of a threat to those outside Cordilia because of geographical distance, but that makes it more a threat to countries like Besern and Thalapadis in the Cordilian region since it wouldn’t be the priority of Pacifica, only those in the Cordilian region if at all to mitigate this threat before they get possibly worst-case scenario, steamrolled.

This growing action by Humania is not helped by the recent instability in the central Cordilia region, especially the Rycco-Cordilian War deposing a Ryccian junta that attempted to invade Doge Land in an act of aggression. Surely, after this war especially, that Cordilia should not tolerate a nation like this on their doorstep trying to establish military superiority in their region.

However, it may also be argued that Humania is a rather unlikely nation to hold Cordilia hostage. They have not participated in any war so far, but also, they are rationing food, indicating a possible food shortage in Humania. Furthermore, their attempt to increase personal freedoms and happiness by getting rid of seatbelts without taking into account of the unprecendented benefits of seatbelts takes into account how much the Humanian government cares about its people. On these two factors, we can say Humania has a poor to below-average economy with poor freedoms and rights to their citizens. A country without a food shortage does not ration food unless if it wants to cause a revolution and/or erode the trust of their investors. The only reasonable way to ration food is if there is a major food shortage, usually caused by a poor agricultural output. The threat of their military would look like a paper tiger instead as their soldiers would end up defecting possibly to a much more democratic, prosperous and free nation like Erinor and Sereva or Thalapadis and their industry would cripple in itself eventually like a tactical suicide boss. However, I would argue that this does not justify ignoring the consequences or even potential consequences that Humania would have over the region. The fact alone that Humania wishes to even use chemical weapons and other war-crime-causing weapons in normal, let alone defensive, warfare is unfathomable and cannot be overshadowed by the weaknesses of Humania in a possible battleground and in peacetime. Even if it shows that Humania is Cordilia’s incoming tactial suicide boss, we cannot say for sure that with these types of equipment that they will fall, for they will use any method, even illegal ones to improve their leverage.

Overall, I believe that we must take action first before it is too late, as neighbours on the Cordilian continent. We must completely isolate Humania and cut off all relations to the Humanian dictatorship. We must destroy their wrecked economy further to give them even less money to spend on these terroristic machines. We must take advantage of their food shortage to get them to spend money away from these terroristic machines. All of this, until Humania agrees to abide by international law, try to be good neighbours at all, and help out their peoples more holistically rather than impulsively or the bare minimum. We need to stop this looming illegal threat before it is too late, for even if they are dysfunctional, there is a saying that “a bruised gun may shoot twice”.

Yet again, this is just my opinion. This will not be completely feasible. I do not expect an action from the international community to completely tear down Humania before they tear their neighbours down. I may also be very wrong, or even too interventionist for my own good. I might even change my mind if things go out of my expectations. However, at this point of time, with the information I have, I am inclined to share my current opinion that yes, Humania is a threat. Over to you, reader, let us all, the community, debate about it. Maybe then, we can find something concrete and objective, rather than subjective and possibly short-sighted like this opinion article.

Wilhelmine Vogt, Ostselvatia
Dec, 18, 2022, 3:21PM

Notice: This is an opinion article written by a BVP journalist. This does not reflect the views of the BVP in any shape or form. Check your sources before making a decision.

Sources:

MORE FROM THE BVP:
* Anton Brauer fails to get Fedinschtag majority approval
* CCI releases software patch on speculated CPU security loophole
* UPRAN warns nations who threatened aggression towards Humania

3 Likes