AURORA: Naming the continents

For the current MoRP agenda, I want to name the “Northern Continent” and Southern Continent, as well as the sea in between them. I will take suggestions, put them in a poll, and let the community vote on this. This will continue until the 11th of Febuary (or until everyone in the community has made a suggestion.) The vote will go on a week after that.

4 Likes

I’m presuming that this ignores the underwater plots, since they’re a part of the seabed?
Or would they get their own seas/gulfs?

3 Likes

I just realized that the northern continent kinda looks like a dragon head spitting flames, that or a very hungry, malnourished turtle. Also, serious name proposals from me coming soon

2 Likes

They can but rn we’re just trying to get the big stuff named

3 Likes

Oh btw, Terra Aurora is a planet, correct? Like, it’s not a disk or something

3 Likes

I would most certainly hope so

2 Likes

There is, as far as I am aware, no canon specification on whether Terra Aurora is a planet, a disk, or something else. I don’t think that any decision in either direction is really necessary, at least at the moment, since it would never become relevant IC due to the fact that the map border and tech restrictions prevent things like circumnavigation and orbiting satellites.

3 Likes

So, in order to actually name the continents and seas, we have to actually partition the map
(Just here so anyone can draw their lines or whatever)

The continent(s) shouldn’t be a problem, I can see an argument for 1-3 of them
I could also see that same argument for the number of seas. It really depends on the scale of Aurora to the planet/disk.

3 Likes

Come on guys, not a disk :sob::sob::sob:

Ugh, whatever, but in my roleplays the world is a sphere as it should be

2 Likes

I mean, some people said disk, so I was being all-inclusive
Stop putting people down for their worldviews Galaxiel!

2 Likes

I think we can do three continents and perhaps maybe a sea and an ocean

2 Likes

Sorry but I do not respect flat-earthism lol

2 Likes

I think I’m personally in favor of 2 continents, although the problem with that is like saying the UK and France are in separate continents, although I suppose that’s not completely unrealistic with how some of the continent separations work

3 Likes

Considering the size of the island 2 continents is probably better, yeah

3 Likes

I’m having an usual amount of trouble with finding names for the continents

3 Likes

So this is my first thought for how to break up the Aurora map, any thoughts on it?

3 Likes

Terry Pratchett is inevitable

The issue with naming Aurora’s landmasses rn is the fact that there isn’t a lot of established lore to provide a basis for any names, so we’ll just have to pick names that sound good and come up w/ etymologies for them later.

Anyway, here’s an assortment of completely random continent names that I came up with:

• Gavrania
  • Deshkira
  • Corshiri
  • Lasteria
  • Roria
  • Prataereia
  • Zalora

And here’s the Belsedori names for the various landmasses if you want to use any of them:

• Northern continent: Yumaya
  • Southern continent: Tashimana
  • Large island next to southern continent: Mayikire
4 Likes

yes, but terra aurora’s shape has big concequences if it comes to the southern continent. For example, plot 40 borders plot 53 on a round terra aurora

3 Likes

Plot 53 does not border plot 40 in any version of Aurora because the map is stated to be a subset of a larger one, similar to how the Pacifica roleplay is limited in size; the southern continent just extends southward of the map border.

3 Likes

Yes. Aurora is more than currently shown.

4 Likes