AURORA: Naming the continents

I have this idea for the name of Sea 1, since its in-between the two continents, something like “Sea Between Two Worlds”

3 Likes

That’s another thing. It would be difficult to give things names like there are in Cordilia, since there’s no shared cultural history or anything like that, but we could give them titles

3 Likes

Uh, alright, here’s my random, spur-of the-moment crack at it I guess…

Continent 1: Ajonis
Continent 2: Kirrova
Sea 1: Fortune’s Maw
Ocean 1: The Reach

2 Likes

@Flaming
I know you’ve got a bit on your plate right now, I was just reminded about this due to the Pacifica one receiving activity again

Could you attract the attention of everyone else? I want as many suggestions as possible before putting up a poll

Some random suggestions by me because why shouldn’t I, right?

Continent 1: Dracoris, referring back to my post about how the northern continent looks like a dragon’s head spewing out flames, that or a hungry malnourished turtle

Continent 2: Either Marcandria, from Latin mercantura (trade), or Transmaria, from Laton Trans- (beyond) and Mare (sea)

Sea 1: Interria Sea, from Latin Inter (between) and Terra (land), referring to how the sea splits the north and south continent, being between both land masses

Ocean 1: Obskaric Ocean, again from Latin (seeing a pattern here?) Obscura meaning unknown, since we don’t know what’s beyond these oceans yet

3 Likes

Does anybody have any suggestions left to add before we start picking options from what we have?

3 Likes