A1-0 Retcon

A1-0 has turned into a shitshow in my opinion. Where the collaborative works I’ve put forth are no longer appreciated, have been subverted for power grabs and fuel the power creeps of certain RPers. Recent collaboration efforts have exposed the toxicity of the community to me and my incompatibility on worldbuilding in this inherently collaborative setting. As such, I no longer wish to be a part of this community that I’ve been a pillar to. Some of you may declare me the devil for what I’m about to do, but I’m merely exercising the same reason of protection you all want to adhere so much that has been used against me. Since fury has become the norm, I will show you all what fury really looks like. This is neither an invitation for discussion or something to be put on debate by anyone. It is but an informative statement which must be followed given community & GDPR rules.

I hereby retcon all my works for A1-0. This includes all RP threads & wiki articles I’ve worked on. Be they of the Stoinian Star Kingdom or collaborative projects such as the Tiyanki Territories, Zelvan Regime & Tarassian Union. This also extends to Meridian, its subsequent treaties & dating system. I no longer consent to my work being used by this community and claim all my input as my own intellectual property to which consent of use you shall not have nor do I consider anyone to be worthy of even referencing any of my works. I will not allow my hard work to be perverted in a community with power creep syndrome. As such, I have downloaded all my works for personal documentation and have begun the process of deleting them as per my wishes.

Why? Because I want to protect my IP as I pursue my own writing career and do not wish my works to fuel the imagination of obnoxious A1-0 members. In addition, collaborative projects have not been used as intended and have not been expanded upon in any substantial way by others on the wiki. Safe of the few that have had inspiration & input of others, I will ask all my A1-0 collaborations to be deleted.
Furthermore, since the A1-0 guide contains elements of my writings, this too will be deleted. A1-0 has evolved into something that no longer should have a basis on a guide based on a previous version.

As for the community, I’m sad we couldn’t come to agree on further collaboration. Alas, I felt my worldbuilding style has clashed too often with newer member of the community in recent times for reasons I find rather dubious. Furthermore, I’ve found little to no respect towards myself or my explanation as to why I operate the way I do. Such behaviour by internet acquaintances I have no tolerance for as my time has become more precious with outlying career opportunities. Opportunities which are held down by my incessant trials to remain a member of this community that was near & dear to my heart.
This kind of behaviours hasn’t happened before and I’m quite shocked it happened now in the (what I found to be abrasive) way it did. Nonetheless, instead of asking internet acquaintances to adjust to my norms, I shall remove myself from needless disagreements that bring nothing but mental erosion. If anyone has the right to make A1-0 their personality it’s me and if you think that’s a good thing, you should realise this whole RP canon is second to your real life.

Lastly, @Galaxiel, you agreed on the reasonability of reworked population numbers with me in Discord and now I see from TEM that you said I came with the ridiculous numbers. I must say that I cannot stand for your hypocrisy & deceit. You grandstand to help me with various worldbuilding stuff and yet you dare to shift the blame on me? The SSK needs to maintain a comparative advantage against the Galactyan Empire, which btw would be even more so boosted your RP nation, based on the rework. I have accepted your expansionist lobby as I followed your wishes to allow the canon to evolve as new players came. An agreement I no longer accept and frankly see has brought the detriment of what made this canon unique. I’m glad people like @KingTem have identified and cherish the work I’ve put it. Though I see them as a minority in this community, I full heartedly agree with the spirit of TEM’s statements made in the past month or so. This paired with continuous misunderstanding of the SSK as well.
I allowed your ceaseless pursuit to erode the unique flavour A1-0 had in favour of being more open to all. Now A1-0 is at a crossroads to the point balance has no meaning and statistics have become the focus in favour of unique storytelling. Long gone are the days where stories were central and the art of writing was highly regarded instead of unsavoury language, disregard for proper grammar & repetitive RP formats. Things I’ve found to grow mediocre over time and kept to myself in favour of maintaining community cohesion. A cohesion I frankly have no interest in maintaining anymore for the reasons below.

This example of my recent experiences is but one the last drops of water that have overflowed the bucket. I tried to adjust. I failed. I’ve been threatened at because I didn’t prioritise it. I’ve been alienated of what drew me in this setting in the first place. I feel held down trying to follow up and have seen little respects for my works that keep track of others’ works while allowing them to evolve in their own natural way. I’ve allowed A1-0 to evolve into something which no longer attracts me. Thus, I have done what I must and no longer agree to any terms other than what I’s stipulated above.

Best of luck to rebuilding A1-0. Perhaps this time you will consider respecting the hard work of its contributors more profoundly from now on.

The Stoinian Star Kingdom dies today with the Sector’s original form. In a legacy to hear no more of its proud roars as once before. Glory to the Star Kingdom! Glory to Mankind!

5 Likes

In line with this, I’d also like for the deletion of all my A1-0 threads

I will also admit that I have found it increasingly difficult to roleplay in the canon. My motivation for A1-0 has been going down significantly as I focus more on non TSPRP writing projects- And I feel like my time spent in A1-0 could be better spent trying to build up Aurora and assisting with Extra-canon projects which take less commitments. There are very few roleplays in A1-0 that I am excited for, especially when plans for roleplays between you and I seemed to break down following your initial scaling back in involvement within the canon. I find my plans constantly changing, and with the new proposal upping the scale of the canon far too much in my opinion (if we were to increase all numbers instead of just allowing for more plots in the future) I am finding myself a little demotivated to continue on with things like the War of Tiny Titans which I feel will not live up to the visions that I’ve had for months. With you leaving and Galaxiel largely scaling back involvement in the canon I’m starting to think about further focusing on other projects and maybe leaving A1-0 entirely, especially as I find myself needing to develop new skills entirely separate from writing prose like programming and some form of visual art.

You were probably the best writer in this canon, and now that you’re leaving and everything you wrote for the canon is null and void, I am finding it hard to justify staying other than keeping Trianar alive.

Goodbye, Mav. I look forward to seeing what you write. (If you ever want another set of eyes on your work, hmu on discord)

2 Likes

The End Of A1-0’s Golden Age ended a long time ago, shortly after the power creep begun, started by Galaxiel and championed by newer players who didn’t know better or older players beginning to get drunk on large numbers. Now A1-0’s era of Great Writing has ended. I myself have found very little motivation to continue in A1-0, and I’m considering just leaving the canon as well to focus on Agrippa and Pacifica, and my own personal projects. I hope that after Mav calling out Galaxiel for his wrongdoings and his constant blame shifting to protect his bloated ego that maybe what remains of this canon can be saved. It’s ironic that Galaxiel revived the canon and then proceeded to kill it in order to achieve some form of power fantasy.

Happy Travels Mav, May you live long and prosper.

GLORY TO STOINIA, GLORY TO EMERALD, GLORY TO MANKIND

-Member of the Pro-Stoinia Faction in the Union

1 Like

Hey Mav, I know we aren’t close, but thank you for writing what I couldn’t. I was initially going to propose a full retcon, but I am completely unsure if it’s worth doing, or will suffer the same fate as current A1-0.

Pax Directorate, Pax Stonia, Glory to Mankind.

– A. SF10

1 Like

@Maverick @KingTEM

I won’t express my opinion on this, since your words don’t call for, and much less deserve attention or a reply. I will just state that I don’t want either one of you to ever interact with me ever again, and I will call for moderator action if any of you do.

I’ll give some clarifications due to wrong assumptions about me circling the channels of this canon.

1. I never had sole control over any NPN. The fact the collaborative projects have been hit so hard by me is merely due to the fact that no one else contributed to them. So the current rules are fine, but the community needs to realise that a community project needs community engagement. Engagement which I’ve always sought out by posting respective wiki article links in de Discord. (A practice which now has become under fire while always having been present.) This was especially done under the consideration that they never were final. So to put the blame that I solely controlled these NPN I find not to be my own fault through action, but the general inaction from the community. I always invited discussions to elaborate them more within a certain framework which was agreed upon by the ‘Old Guard’. To put the blame on me controlling them is excessively misinformed or dare I say lack of will to become informed. A step I rarely saw myself.
    Community inaction became quite apparent when I invited others to elaborate and RP as NPN elements, but this was either met by:
    – Insecurities to be on par with my work. Not my words, but the wording I’ve frequently come across.
    – Lack of time and/or focus to invest into such projects.
    – Blatant disregard of the collective worldbuilding other than means to project power. (e.g. I was always open for a certain Pelinese-Owettan interaction within the Owettan framework. An opposite case was when people demanded the vassalisation of an NPN because they were slavers bordering them.)
    – Never once was there vocalised opposition for my RPing say the Tarassos of the Tarassian Union. I asked this multiple times and it never was an issue up until now because I ‘apparently’ controlled it. I was merely to sole collaborator and that has a different nuance to it than what people believe I did.
  2. If I need to be relevant by posting things repeatedly to be on top of the forums, I see a mentality of quantity over quality. Even so, After downloading it all, I’ve come to over 400+ pages of total RP stories. So I’d say I’ve provided plenty of quantity to the canon. If people cannot realise that, then there is nothing more to be said about people who wish to indulge themselves in fleeting RPs. Alas this is a difference of taste which I’ve advocated to protect, but to see such parties call me out as irrelevant is downright disrespectful given the tremendous work that I’ve put for the past 5+ years. Let alone demoralising for anyone to begin or continue within the canon as you need to active, thus creating an unhealthy addiction. Check your facts before assuming anything about me.
    Same with stating that one needs to be active in Discord to stay relevant. I dare you to say that to people like Qwert, Taisenbot, Ryccia & Frost. When I tried to collaborate with the community on things through Discord it almost never quite met the expectations of input and was met with an ‘agreeable’ silence. As for me engaging in IRL politics, these were also fuelled by players asking me for collaborative expansions IRP. Perhaps calculated in a way now that I think about it. But if the community wants to indulge in Discord mandatory activity to be considered relevant, I don’t wish anyone to be a part of it due to mental health concerns it brazingly ignores.
  3. I voted in favour of rescaling & rework because there was a large lobby to do so and rather than face accusations of being stuck up, I would have allowed the canon to be shaped by the newer players. Was it foolish? Maybe. But would I have wanted to face further backlash for trying to protect the roots of the canon? Not really, since lobbyists felt I was hurting their toes. Lastly and more importantly, would I have wanted to takeaway the fun of others by enforcing my vision as a non-mod unto others? Definitely not. Furthermore, am I wrong to have wished to have kept A1-0 as it is? Should I just accept the fact A1-0 needs to change as newer players come? Frankly no, since this is a hobby and there was a middlepath that wasn’t explored. But oh well, call me naive if you so wish.
  4. The Meridian Project was something that was long planned and frankly I even doubt it was as foundational as people believe it is. Not once has there been a reference to Meridian in other RPs from other players. At least to my knowledge, so I feel like this is an OOC projection unto things in a possible retconned A1-0.
  5. The Stoinian Star Kingdom may have become foundational because the RPs were, at least I believe so, of high quality and really getting into the formation of socio-economic alliances. The Legate’s Tower stood as a testament to that. I’ve adhered to Qwert’s rule that power needs to be backed up by good RP I believe. If this wasn’t the case, then why has no one voiced their concerns to me? Community needs dialogue for it to function. To which I’ve been open to, given a constructive manner.

Do with my clarifications whatever you will. But I couldn’t in good conscience see people continue to accuse me of practices that I’ve always vouched against.

2 Likes