[2407.CN] Cabinet Appointments

Hello everyone.

As the first TSP Prime Minister in almost a year, I am honored to be chosen by the citizens of this great Coalition to lead this region to a new and brighter future. To help me in achieving this, I have appointed the following ministers that will advise and guide me this upcoming term, pending the Assembly’s approval:

@ProfessorHenn as Minister of Foreign Affairs: Henn will be tasked with continuing on with the agenda that they and Slab put forward last term, being tasked with reaching out to new regions and embassy partners alike, with their renown and experience as the outgoing Prime Minister would help in securing these ties.

@Penguin as Minister of Culture: Penguin will focus on organizing offsite inter- and intra-regional festivals with our allies, as well as taking over Resident Spotlights and connecting TSPers with the rest of the region. She will also continue her book reading as MoC, and is gladly willing to step down as Deputy Chair of the Assembly if needed.

@Flaming as Minister of Roleplay: Flaming will improve TSP Wiki infrastructure as well as work on a guide for the Pacifica and Aurora canons, while carrying the same responsibilities that their predecessors have had.

@Sir_Zanny as Minister of On Site Events: Sir Zanny will be tasked with coordinating on-site events such as Swanvision, as well as acting as an liaison between the on-site RMB community and the offsite government.

I will be taking the responsibilities of Minister of Defense myself, electing not to appoint a minister for this term. Since my term has started today, I will seek a vote on this on Sunday, if not earlier. The ministers have been asked to post a more detailed agenda in this thread, and will be hapy to rake any questions you may have.

1 Like

As MoRP, I plan on, as the PM said, maintaining RP wiki articles and providing a guide for the Pacifica and Aurora canons similar to @Maverick’s Guide: for A1-0. Besides that, I plan to get make advanced plans in pursuing extra-canon roleplays for A1-0, potentially planning one for the other canons, and, most importantly out of extra-canon business, hosting a temporary canon where established roleplayers, writers and everyone in between can come and roleplay a nation or character in that world.

I will be taking suggestions in a separate thread shortly. I want to help transform the MoRP position into an active position rather than simply a liaison between the RP community and the PM. I also have to credit some of my fellow RPers for indirectly helping me come up with a large part of my agenda. I have to credit @RobbyTheSeal for ideas on wiki maintenance and @legend partly for the concept of temporary canons.

Thank you, and thank you to our current PM for offering me this position.

2 Likes

I think this is a strong Cabinet appointment. You have a healthy mix of strong experienced cabinet veterans and newer citizens begging for exposure. I think this will be an interesting term to follow.

A couple of questions:

To the PM:

You have your immediate successor in the Cabinet. How will you balance being your own Prime Minister and stepping out of their shadow with their proven experience and advice they can give?

You have chosen to retain direct control over the SPSF instead of delegating it to a minister. What will you do to ensure the military is given proper attention? Further, is there a possibility of a midterm appointment of a defense minister should you need it?

You are the first PM to have succeeded the PM that presided over the initial appointed cabinets. To that end, there are precedents that can and will undoubtedly be established. Do you have any precedents you would like to set, or any ceremonial aspects you might like to try?

To Henn:

How do you think you will balance having experience with no longer being able to make those decisions which you have grown accustomed to?

(I may have more questions when the FA agenda is released further)

To Flaming:

What parts of the Wiki are you going to focus on most fixing/updating/fleshing out most?

Do you envision having a team help you with the wiki?

Will you provide a report to the Delegate for their fortnightly briefings on the notable activites going on in the roleplay scene?

To Sir Zanny:

What kind of events do you think you want to bring to the RMB?

What does your time table look like as far as releasing these projects?

How closely do you intend to work with the Delegate and/or RMB moderation?

To Penguin:

How closely do you intend to work with the Delegate/RMB Moderators in events being coordinated with Sir Zanny?

You recently lost citizenship status (and since regained it). As always, RL > NS, but, do you envision having adequate time for the position over the upcoming term?

To everyone:

As of this moment, do you foresee having an adequate amount of time to properly dedicate to you position over the next term?

4 Likes

Thank you, Drew, for your trust in this appointment.

Expanding a touch on the current agenda, we have 3 major hits we’d like to accomplish in the term:

• New Embassy Partners. Alcris and The Region That Has No Big Banks are our current desires for new regional partners in culture and in foreign relations, representing some amazing regional communities that we would like to establish closer ties with. Our current goals are to run a few events, and have a formal discussion regarding the formation of an embassy and where we’d like the relationship to go long-term.
  • Aegis Military Coordination. Something that I was working on in the last few administrations was a more formal program, coordinated and run under the Aegis banner, to help native communities better protect themselves against raids, and what steps they should take during an active engagement to better help defenders in the liberation of their region. We haven’t yet finish it, and I anticipate it taking a good deal longer to finalize, but we aim to get some significant progress on this during the term.
  • Partnership for Sovereignty Cooperation. The Partnership has been largely inactive, for various reasons, but we do have some ties to regions that we might not have had otherwise thanks to it. We’d like to explore a deeper relationship with PfS regions that we haven’t had before, continuing our broader goal of expanding our pool of friends and giving us some more options for regions to do cool things with.

Unless you know something we don’t, I think you meant predecessor. :stuck_out_tongue:

Drew is the boss, and retains ultimate control over our foreign affairs, to include firing me if I step too far over the line. He’ll make the decisions, and/or delegate some down to me, but I’ll inform him of all actions that I do undertake.

Yes, definitely.

2 Likes

My first and foremost priority is getting the roleplay articles linked on the main page up and running. The main culprits are Aurora (Aurora) - TSP Encyclopedia,
Roleplay in the South Pacific - TSP Encyclopedia, and to a lesser extent, the other canon pages.

The second priority will be finally filling in the lore of the empty Tiyanki states. This was on my agenda a while ago but I never finished the project.

Another big one is getting the roleplay side of the main page updated. It has not been meaningfully updated in over a year. I also want to set up a regular schedule for updating this, maybe once every month or two.

Lastly, I might engage in a scrubbing of old articles by marking them for deletion. This happened before, but there are still some old articles from defunct nations that are taking up space on the wiki. This one isn’t as high up there, but it’s still important.

For a team, I’m not sure. I think that I have enough time to do most of this by myself. I’ll likely invite input, because my editing isn’t infallible, but I think I’m capable of doing most of the editing. The scope of what I’ll be doing may expand, though, and in that case I may choose to elect some people to help ease the workload.

I will provide a report to the best of my abilities. It will probably be mostly about progress on my agenda, unless the PM specifically asks for RP information; I don’t how how much Baxnet is interested in the goings on of the RP community and our storylines.

Yes. Even while I am in Universal for band (which is only from the 14th to 19th) I will be able to work on the guides and other forum stuff, as well as getting input from my fellow Rpers.

Thank you Drew! As the Minister of On-Site Events. I plan to re-implementing SWAN Vision back into the region. I made this event nearly a year ago and am excited to see it return again. Seeing as the two running’s we have had were highly successful, we should continue to see good results with this event especially given the new faces we have in the region. I also plan on doing art competition or country ball competition as well. Taking influence from TWP, I also want to make a Punday Monday. Random mini games will be presented to the RMB on the RMB as well and the region will be notified to these games before hand as well. I will also be keeping the game side and off-site informed on what is happening with each other to make sure nothing is missed.

I believe this has been sufficiently answered in the above plan, please ask for further clarification if needed

SWAN Vision will either be done a quarter to mid way through the term (aiming for quater), the art/country ball event will be held mid way to 3/4 through the term depending on when SWAN Vision is done. Punday Monday will be held weekly and games will be placed at random points throughout the term.

Quite closely, I would like to have moderation help me with judging in the two major events if they are willing. Moderation will also be highly helpful during Punday Monday to make sure that all posts are appropriate and don’t go against our guidelines. I would like to work with the delegate and their council on creating the art/countryball event as well.

1 Like

MoOSE , how will you incorporate your events with the main ns events during your term? NationStates • View topic - NationStates Events
I see we have two nday s again…

Just to clarify are you talking about schedule?

yup

Best Nation in the World February 14th
N-Day February 24th 22:00 GMT * N-Day: What You Need to Know
April Fools’ Day April 1st
Global Trade Fair World Fair Trade Day (this year: May 11th)
Issues Contest June 1st - 30th

Could you elaborate on what the Partnership is and the reasons it has been inactive? Whatever those reasons, do you have any plans to increase its activity level, or is our focus on forging greater ties with individual regions within the Partnership?

The Partnership for Sovereignty is a WA Security Council voting bloc that seeks to promote self-determination, positive community, and respect for the World Assembly. We’re a founding member, having ratified the original Charter on 22 January 2021.

I’ll attribute its inactivity due to a lack of desire in writing IFVs for resolutions that are likely to pass regardless, lack of interested writers using the Writers Corner or being met with much response, and otherwise not being a priority for member regions in their foreign policy.

Our goal isn’t to prioritize the Partnership, but instead forge greater ties with individual partners that have signed on as well. We can explore incorporating new members over the term as well, to help grow the bloc’s voting power, but it’s not a priority.

1 Like

Working around those should be simple, I don’t see us needing to put events on at the same time. There is also some large breaks between them so we can easily work the two larger events in my plan between them.

Danke mucho for the nomination. I intend to make this the best MoC era I can.

How closely do you intend to work with the Delegate/RMB Moderators in events being coordinated with Sir Zanny?

As closely as I can honestly. My intention is to make sure that everyone who wants their voice heard gets it heard while having fun. I want to spotlight not just the people but the nations we have here so Sir Zanny will be important for that.

As of this moment, do you foresee having an adequate amount of time to properly dedicate to you position over the next term?

Yes I do. I am fairly certain - barring extraordinary events- that my life will not change much during this term so I think things will rock!

Sorry for the delay on the responses- I couldn’t find my laptop charger…

EDITING TO ADD THINGS I WANT TO DO THIS TERM:

1. I want to get the zine ish thing that I have asked the discord for input in put out.
    I have plans for reviews on books and movies, songs people just cant get out of their heads., TV shows that need watching.
  2. I want to do more with the RMB get them involved with interviews about their nations and the history and lore behind the screens. Do more spotlights on them.
  3. just all around make TSP more PIE like. as everyone has a pie they enjoy so let’s make TSPie for everyone
1 Like

You have your immediate successor in the Cabinet. How will you balance being your own Prime Minister and stepping out of their shadow with their proven experience and advice they can give?

I’ll bring my own ideas to the region (such as a card program) and have a hands-on approach to various aspects of the government.

You have chosen to retain direct control over the SPSF instead of delegating it to a minister. What will you do to ensure the military is given proper attention? Further, is there a possibility of a midterm appointment of a defense minister should you need it?

I’ll aggressively advertise the SPSF on both onsite and offsite platforms. A midterm appointment of a defense minister is very unlikely, but I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of one happening during my term.

You are the first PM to have succeeded the PM that presided over the initial appointed cabinets. To that end, there are precedents that can and will undoubtedly be established. Do you have any precedents you would like to set, or any ceremonial aspects you might like to try?

I might try out some new things for my term.

I’d like to motion this to a vote.

I must say it’s not a great look to nominate someone before they even get around to refounding their nation…

Oh, um… yes…! Their predecessor!

hastily puts away Ouija board

Another question for the PM:

You also did not nominate an OWL director. As you stated in your campaign, your intent is to manage that personally. Do you still believe that, given the first few days in office, your expectation to remain engaged there will materialize and persist for the duration of your term?

1 Like

Yes, but worst comes to worst, I’ll just appoint a director midterm.

I’ll go ahead and second the motion.

We are now at a vote!