The Stoinian High King had sent an escort to assess a state visit with the Ryccian government. The cultures were vastly different, but the High King had taken steps to chart a new path for the Star Kingdom. One in which it wouldn’t have to rely solely on its swords as it has over the past millenium. A path the Ryccian government would hopefully reciprocate, but it remained uncertain still whether the Ryccians would sway aside their cultural shock so easily.
The Royal Escort was sent to cross the Void between the Thoov Mandate of the Treecuu Star Empire and the Ryccian Empire. Yet a week before, a squadron was dispatched to scout the way ahead and identify potential star nations to establish trade routes to Ryccia. History had taught the Stoinians cautiousness of unknown space, yet the profits of a potential Ryccian alliance far outweighed any dangers conceived by Stoinian governance. The pride of the Astral Lion ran through Stoinians from all walks of life. Soon… Another nation would come face to face with the lion. Though whether it was friend or prey was unclear. An inhabited planet was chosen after High Command identified that a star nation was indeed present north of the Thoov Mandate. Triglav Squadron was sent to investigate, assess this new star nation and initiate contact at the planet.
13:45 shiptime, 12/06/1619 PD
Unknown space, 16 LY out of the Thoov Mandate.
HMS Sword of Riuliv, Triglav Squadron, 12th Fleet
- “Skipper, we have arrived .08 AU from the designated planet.” replied the helmsman.
- “Order the squadron to move into low orbit. I want to barely touch the atmosphere so that we may grace them with our presence.” Commodore Cosmin Tăriceanu ordered from his chair. Next, he turned over his right shoulder. “Comms, are we ready to transmit our message?”
- “Affirmative, Skipper. Universal matrix is working perfectly, including the Treecuu & Ryccian databases.” replied the comms Lieutenant.
- “Good. Prepare to record.” Commodore Tăriceanu replied as he stood up and straightened his gilded charcoal uniform.
Commodore Tăriceanu was frustrated with the recent changes in first-contact protocols. The Rascal Incident had taught that the previous showcase of Stoinian historic wars could be detrimental to the Star Kingdom’s reputation. Commodore Tăriceanu believed in the traditional Stoinian way of instilling fear into unknown xenos populations. Or at least it would be more beneficial to Stoinian expansionism according to him. The inhabited planet they were orbiting had been chosen as their primary contact point and was no different a target to announce the coming of the Lion in Tăriceanu’s ideal world. The thirty-two year old Siranian officer from Tinari had served under Ol’ Blood & Guts himself during the Third Mardakii Crusade. He had his own Mardaki mantle & claw knife which he proudly wore at ceremonies. Like High Admiral Chekov, he viewed the Star Kingdom’s rule over the stars as uncontested with divine right. Time & time again the Void threw everything it had against the Star Kingdom and each time Terran zeal prevailed.
Nonetheless, Tăriceanu was but a mere sword of the Star Kingdom. Where the hand commanded, there so would strike the sword. There was no room for error, especially if His Majesty, High King Andrei III, had ordered it directly. Still in awe of having met the High King, Tăriceanu decided to transfer some of that aura in his speech.
Proudly he stood before the camera. Though without his white beret which was the Navy’s symbol of the commanding officer. He figured that if there was a threat looming in front of him, he’d allow his enemy to see his full face. Should they be friends, he hoped it would humanise him. His thick hair & goatee were trimmed to perfection and were as black as the void at which he stared.
- “Start transmission.”
The communications Lieutenant gave him her signal. This was it. No turning back, he was the entire Star Kingdom right now. He grabbed the sash around his waist with his right hand and tightly gripped his sword with his left.
- “By the order of His Majesty, King Andrei Casarion, third of His name, High King of the Stoinians, Lord Sovereign of the Stoinian Spirit, Warden of Heavens, Gerent of the Lion Throne, Custodian of Star Roar, Sword of Terra & Protector of Mankind, I, Commodore Cosmin Tăriceanu, wish to extend His Masjety’s wishes to formalise relations with your nation. We come in peace to establish trade routes to the Ryccian Empire. I repeat we come in peace, but we will defend ourselves with divine zeal should you challenge us. We urge you to choose the path of reason and await your answer. End transmission.”
With that, the transmission was sent towards the planet in all Terran languages known to the Stoinian Star Kingdom, Ryccian Empire & Drakari Celestial Imperium accompanied by their xeno languages as well. Yet the squadron showed no will to stop its approach towards the planet for now. Their intentions were spoken, but Commodore Tăriceanu wanted to send a message as well that they were not to be trifled with.