Welcome KungFuCutbug!

[oh ye gods I didn’t have an introduction prepared uh]

ayo! the name’s Val, the luling reader of the Stingoistic Jates! I used to have an old nation in the South Pacific some odd years ago (I forget which or when but I think it was somewhere in the 2018-2019 range), but then I fell out of playing Nationstates :pensive: I did end up coming back recently though, so here I am! hope I can find myself a place here and make some friends

1 Like

Welcome back! Is there anything on the forums that you find particularly interesting?

2 Likes

I was drawn here (or back here, I suppose) because I saw there was a couple big roleplay verses in the forum! I love RP and have been doing it for around… I wanna say almost a decade now? wasn’t always good at it, but I’d like to hope current-me is significantly better of an RPer than ten-years-ago-me

2 Likes

Welcome (back) to the South Pacific!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance!

2 Likes

That’s cool! Our 3 roleplay canons are Pacifica (a modern-tech rp), A1-0 (a sci-fi rp), and Aurora (a fantasy rp)

1 Like

I’m particularly interested in A1-0 because I’m an absolute sucker for sci-fi and cyberpunk type stuff, and I’m even making a map to claim a plot in the system as we speak :smile:

do you know who I can talk to for some help/guidance on that front? the thread for getting started is kind of a lot for me to take in

2 Likes

There’s a rp section on the TSP discord that we talk in a lot, so that’d be the optimal space to get help. If you join the discord, you’ll be able to get the A1-0 role from the welcome channel.
You can also get access to the other channels by providing your NS nation name.

2 Likes

I am in fact in the discord server, just joined it actually—got the proper masking and everything—I’m mostly just curious if I have to lay a claim first before I can begin roleplaying, or if I have to establish myself before I can lay a claim. would the RP section of the discord be the best place to ask that? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I can answer that right now, actually.
You have to make a plot claim first, but you can start roleplaying before you’re added to the map

2 Likes

ah, perfect, thank you! that’s what I was assuming but I saw something in the form about keeping the landmarks and such restricted to things that are plot-relevant so I was like “wait, I’m not in the plot yet, what would be relevant”—guess that’s for me to decide

2 Likes

Your star nation could have existed for a long time prior to the irp time in which you’re joining, so there could be a lot of history and such in your plot for you to choose landmarks from.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! :spit:

1 Like

Welcome–great to have you join us!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.