We might almost be a month into the new year, however that should never mean we are to forget about the year behind us. 2022 was an eventful year. Not only in the real-world but also here in the South Pacific.
Therefore, on behalf of the Ministry of Culture, I present to you to the official award ceremony of the South Pacific, commemorating the myriad of events that took place in this region over the past year.
The rules are simple, for each category you may only nominate one player/event/“thing”. When the voting period comes around, again, you may only choose one nominee. Also, you are not required to nominate or vote for every category. You can pick and choose the ones you want to do.
Important Dates and Info
- The nominations period will last from January 19-January 23rd at 6pm EST.
- The voting period will start on the 23rd, immediately after the closure of the nominations period and will last until January 27th.
- Best Politician: the player who has best embodied the role of being, well a public official
- Best Legislator: the Legislator who has brought a key perspective in many notorious debates and has been active in the general discourse of the Assembly
- Most Popular: that one player who everyone loves and is well-liked among residents
- Best Discord Shitposter: the player who posts the weirdest and worthless messages on Discord
- Up and Coming South Pacifican: a player who could be seen as a promising prospect for the future of the region
- Armchair Award: this goes to the individual who’s activity in the region is the opposite of their knowledge of what’s going on
- RMB Post of the Year: that one post on the RMB which made everyone laugh, put a smile on their face, or uplift someone
- Discord Post of the Year: that one post on Discord that put a smile on everyone’s face and prompted a laugh
- Foreign Affairs Development of the Year: a treaty, alliance, or a relating idea which improved our foreign relations with other regions
- Fight of the Year: the mot infamous debate of the year, Assembly or not
- Quote of the Year: the best quote from a forum post, Discord post, on a dispatch, or on the RMB
- Cultural Event of the Year: best event that our region took part in and helped plan
- Animal of the Year: the animal that most aligns with our region (culturally), that one animal that everyone loves
Best Politician: Tepertopia (anjo), ProfessorHenn, Pronoun, Kringle, HumanSanity, Glen (Sandaoguo), Concrete Slab Best Legislator: Legend, Evinea, Cryo, ProfessorHenn, Pronoun, Kringle Most Popular: Tepertopia (anjo), Glen (Sandaoguo), Canadian Dominion, Kringle, Funnyman Best Discord Shitposter: Coco, Funnyman Up and Coming South Pacifican: Chillicothe, Dhemixia (Hephaestus), Evinea, Concrete Slab, Canadian Dominion Armchair Award: TescoPepsi, Glen, Belschaft, Petea, Funnyman Foreign Affairs Development of the Year: "Anything Glen did", Aegis Accords, New Westphalia Fight of the Year: Llamas v. Geese, Canadian Dominion v. PenguinPies, The Aristocrat Club v. TescoPepsi Cultural Event of the Year: SwanVision, Chief Animal Election, Karaoke voice calls, Harry Potter and the Festival of Friends, The South Pacific Cup Animal of the Year: Llama, Goose, Pigeon Best Mentor: HumanSanity