The Collective's Experiment

Now that her anger was gone, only sadness and sorrow were left in it’s place.
”You know… I’ve been doing this for 300 years. And no matter what I do your people always push me back, saying I’m a monster, that I’m the spawn of the unholy and… I’m just tired of that! I really am!”

”It’s just not fair! We don’t behave like that with your people, we treat you as what you are, our friends! We made efforts to understand your culture, we literally learned new concepts just for you, and this is how you pay us back?

”Whenever we ask you to try to understand us, you always either brush us off or act like we’re monsters!”

”It’s just… not fair.”

At this point Aestheyrill broke into tears, and kept crying uncontrollably. She had had meltdowns before, but they had never been this bad.

1 Like

“My dear Edhels have also learned a lot from you, bended to allow our countries to be allies, but you need to understand that they are different. They fear anything modified because of the Miralines. Billions died there because one scientist wanted to create “the perfect organism”, so they are fearful of genetic modification . It definitely isn’t fair, not even close to fair, but that’s how they look to “honor” the deaths of their ancestors. The emperor seems especially rough, which is to be expected as he lost his parents to the Miraline, but he isn’t. What i will tell you now you won’t tell to anyone else, ever. Promise?”

Eliril talked like both a mother and best friend at the same time. She has collected a lot of wisdom during the years, but unlike the emperor didn’t loose her compassion

1 Like

”N-no, of course not…”

Aestheyrill dried up her tears and drank another shot of liquor. Calerostian alcohol couldn’t really make her drunk, but at least it calmed her down.

”Ugh… this is so bad. When my Emperors will find out what your Emperor called me they’re gonna be livid!”

”At least I get to go home for a bit…”

1 Like

“the emperor is in fact quite fond of you, partly impressed by the fact you have bravery to stand up to him, partly because of my doing. He keeps the tough appearance towards you to please the inquisition. They’re after all the only people that have any real potential to threaten him.”

“Also, before you go home, there’s someone who wants to meet you.”

1 Like

Aestheyrill dried up her tears with a tissue and put her eye mask back on.

”A-and who’s that?”

1 Like

“Count Fêron of the house of Laurphen, ruler of Calincaras. I know him since he was a toddler, he was raised in the royal palace. I am quite close with his wife, countess Estoladien, she has been a advisor before she got married. We text a lot, and i have mentioned you to her a couple of times. Looks like she also talked about you to her husband. Here is a possible gate to high society.”

Eliril giggled a bit, this was quite amusing to her

1 Like

”Oh. Uhm… thanks.”

Aestheyrill had heard of the Count and Countess before. They were quite the important people in the Empire Of Calerost. This could have really been the chance to get into high society. Sure, her role as Ambassador already put her in a pretty high position, but entering those social circles could actually make the Calerostians accept her role.

”So, where and when are we going to meet up? I want to look my best.”

1 Like

“That’s for you and him to decide. I’ll give you his contact and inform him that you want to meet. To my knowledge he’s hosting some sort of celebration in two days, so maby then, or he’ll invite you to a private visit before that. With him you never know. Anyways one more thing: I’m going on a “diplomatic” visit to Weissertein, specifically to the most well known resort world in it. I have the right to pick a entourage to follow me. So if you want to go somewhere foreign to ride out the drama i can cover you”

1 Like

”Ok, thanks. I’ll contact him as soon as possible. I’m very interested to meet him.

”Also, thanks for the offer, but I really can’t go there, at least not yet. Galactyans can’t go to nations that the Government hasn’t contacted yet. I’d be happy for you to keep me updated though.

”Also it’s really lucky that you get to go there in this moment, since the Emperors are probably going to be here in little time, so you’ll probably have the chance to avoid the “diplomatic” meeting with the Inquisition. I won’t be as lucky though! Ahah… oh comet, I hate those guys so much.”

1 Like

“Yeah, i also am not a fan. They have become too fanatical. When i was freed from the lab during the Miraline war they ware deciding am i Edhel enough to be let to live, as i told you before, and ware harsh during the whole thing, but at the end backed with scientific tests they let me go, somewhat. At least the current grand inquisitor is good. He sticks purely to scripture and law, he doesn’t give a damn about official interpretation. You will be fine if you’ll need to testify, don’t worry.”

1 Like

”It’s been 340 years and they still can’t get over it with my presence here. It would be nice to have an honest interaction with the Emperor for once, and not a facade that he has to put up so that they don’t start complaining.”

”The Emperors will probably be here in less than a week. I know their presence wasn’t requested, but given the insult and more importantly who said it, they are almost certainly going to be here.”

“It will be quite the show i can assume. Also, next time when you’re with the emperor please hold to official conduct, no complaining on his behavior, for the good of both of us, and my liquor cabinet”
Eliril said with a lough.

“I have to go now, you know how busy i am these days, have a lot of work to do before going on my trip. Namarië, Aestheyrill. Stay strong.”

1 Like

”Ahah, of course. Bye Eiril. Good luck on your trip!”

”…this is gonna be so bad.”

Star Empire Of Calerost
Ilanor, Capital Of The Star Empire
42/10/5999 P.E.
1 BBT
Day Of The Inquisition Hearing

The Glory Of Genesis tracked at one of the spaceports of the Calerostan Capital. It was probably one of the greatest accomplishments in the almost 10000 years long history of Galactya. The Warship was unique, being the only craft belonging to the Genesis Class. 65 kilometers long, it was even bigger than a Migration Ship, but fully armed and basically impenetrable. It’s construction started more than 1000 years ago, and took incredible amounts of rare resources, labor from both robots and citizens and years of charging it’s enormous Rainbow Batteries and installing the insane amount of powerful weaponry. The ship was to be used only in extreme situations, seeing how its first phases of construction gave the Galactyan Economy a serious blow. While this wasn’t a case of life and death for the Empire, the anger emanating from the Imperial Couple was strong enough to make everyone feel as if their own lives were in danger. The Emperors were already kind but intimidating on their own, but seeing them as angry as this was… unsettling.

After docking at the spaceport and getting out of the ship, the Imperial Procession made its way to the Inquisitorial Palace. This time though, the Procession was quite different: there was no music, only the Opening Hymn, and there were many, many more members. This time, along with the Emperors and the usual diplomats and ambassadors, there were all the members of the Council Of Clades and all the head scientists of the Genesis Research Supercomplex.

The 15 meters tall Emperors dwarfed everyone around them, Galactyan or Edhelerim. The crowd moved to the sides as the Procession moved. They seemed worried. And to be honest, they had every reason to be.

Soon after exiting the Spaceport, they were greeted by Princess Esgariel.

2 Likes

“Welcome, your royal highnesses. It is good to meet you again tho i would prefer if the circumstances and reason was different. The emperor has requested for you to meet him in person before the hearing. He is waiting in the imperial palace, transport for you of fitting size is prepared”

2 Likes

"A... pleasure, to meet as well, princess."

"We would have preferred to meet again for different reasons too."

"But alas, it's best not to make your ruler wait."

"May you lead the way, princess."

2 Likes

Princess Esgariel takes the emperors to the large military hover shuttle placed to transport them. They couldn’t find anything else on the planet that would fit them. The shuttle flies them quickly to the palace. It travels over the vast sea of yellow known as the holy forest, and soon arrives to the palace

It was a marvel of Edhel architecture, truely massive in size, encompassing all the grandure and elegance of Edhel culture.

The emperors are lead to the throne room, and instructed to enter. They find the emperor sitting in the large and ancient throne, looking at them in silence. This was the first time the emperors of the two countries would meet in person.

Suilannad, tararani galactye, Karheismas adh Nixhoeils, elen síla lúmenn’ omentielvo.

While speaking those words, he puts their meaning into the heads of the emperors

Greetings, emperors of Galactya, Karheismas and Nixhoeils, a star shines on the hour of our meeting

2 Likes

"Greetings to you too, Edhelgil Belaith."
"Greetings to you too, Edhelgil Belaith."

"I believe it's time for us to discuss why we're here in the first place."

"The most recent developments between haven't been too positive if I'm not mistaken."

The Emperors then, wanting to talk face to face with the small ruler, decided to sit down on the floor. It wasn’t a very educate way of doing things, but then again, Galactyans had never really cared a lot for such things.

"So... we have been told that our scientists have made something you and your people aren't really fond of."

"Calling half of our governing figures for an hearing in front of your religious inquisition was a bit of exaggerated response, but we have decided to respect your requests."

"What we will never respect, instead, is you offending our ambassador."

"Such undeserved offenses are not a sign of professionalism. And being told this by a Galactyan isn't that much of a good sign."

2 Likes

"First let me clarify that we didn’t call for half of your government to come, we called for those responsible for the experiment. The government decided to come on their own, thinking that it will give them a better outcome somehow i suppose.

As for the embassador, she was informed of how to act around the imperial family to not offend anyone’s honor, and well aware how we will react if she brakes the code of conduct. This wasn’t the first time that she acted non accordingly to the situation, and every time it does happen Galactyan media makes it a situation, like we did gods know what for no reason. I am the one who should demand a apology from you for it, those actions are straining the relations between our nations. If the embassador isn’t capable of realizing that when acting around ROYALTY she needs to follow the ROYAL CODE OF CONDUCT that is your problem.

1 Like

"Except it isn't. Do you really think that YOUR ambassador didn't break OUR code of conduct before?"

"There were plenty of occasions in which he behaved in quite racist ways towards us."

"And I'm perfectly sure you're aware of how we usually treat racism in the Empire, should such an horrifying concept arise in our people."

"But still, we made an exception for him. Because, even though we don't find it to be an excuse, considering we went through something even worse than that twice and still didn't turn out racist, we understand the struggles you faced in the past."

"We want you to understand us, and we really want to understand you. We learned new concepts, we basically reformed your medical system and even terraformed planets for you. For three centuries we tried our hardest to show you our worth as allies, and yet you keep pushing the cultural agenda that we're heretic monsters who are never to be fully trusted."

"And we're honestly starting to get tired of it. We thought that the government would at least be more knowledgeable than it's citizens, but that seems to not be the case. Your role as the Emperor is to represent your Empire."

"If even you start offending our people and brushing our efforts aside, then I can easily say that we're all disappointed."

3 Likes

I am not responsible for the actions of the Calerostan ambassador, he was instructed to act civil and with respect in your nation. If you want I’ll call for his immediate removal and appoint a new one. As for the cultural hate against you that exists in my nation i wouldn’t call it racism, as it’s driven by religion and is exactly concentrated on one aspect of your nation, the disgusting amount of genetic modification on which your entire culture is based on. You must understand that it is considered sacralige in Calerostan religion ever since the miraline war. Genetic modification costed us 100 years of our nation, in your currency undescribable damage and countless souls. In the first days a third of the population of Ilanor, including my most honorable father, ware brutally killed. Something like that is forever remembered, and the cause forever shunned, i think you can understand that.

3 Likes