Taking a Sabbatical

Hey all,

With a heavy heart, I resign from from my position as an Admiral of the South Pacific Special Forces, effective immediately, and request a reassignment to the rank of Ensign. I’m not sure I have the right word for what comes next for me, but I think it’s close to taking a sabbatical. I do not intend to step away permanently, nor do I intend to completely curtail my military service. That said, after two years, I just need a break from the day-to-day workload of military operations, and would like more time to spend on my personal projects and ideas both inside and outside of NationStates. To be clear, I’ll still be around; I’m happy to offer advice or suggestions if desired as our military rises to meet new challenges, so don’t be a stranger. That said, it just doesn’t feel right to hold on to my positions of command without much personal involvement from day to day.

I don’t want to get too sappy, and I’ve rambled enough, but I would be remiss not to say that it has been a great privilege to serve in several different military leadership roles roles over the past two years, and a great honor to work alongside a talented and earnest officer corps. I’m incredibly grateful to have nothing but fond memories from these past two years.

7 Likes

Thank you for everything that you’ve done for the SPSF, boss. Fair winds and following seas.

1 Like