Resident Spotlight: North

Hi there! Good to be back for another Resident Spotlight. You can find last week’s here.

I’m very happy to be here today with @North, also known as Canamerico and Greenland! He’s a Legislator and a big part of the RMB these days, having been the proprietor of several polls that have graced our regions. Thanks for being here!

It is a pleasure to be featured!

As always, we’ll start it off with an easy one. What got you into NationStates?

One day, I was searching for nation simulation games on Google out of boredom and found NationStates, it was the top search result. I decided to give it a try and made an account, The Kingdom of Israel and Judah, which was founded in the South Pacific.

When was that?

It was more than a year ago, late 2021.

Gotcha gotcha. Have you been in the South Pacific for that entire length of time, with different nations here and there?

All of my main nations are in the South Pacific. I used to have puppets located in other regions, but now all of them are either stored in TSP, or have CTE’d.

Fair enough. What made you settle on Canamerico and Greenland for your main? Or, in other words, what’s the significance behind it?

Canamerico and Greenland was founded when I suddenly wanted a North American nation. The region in real life fascinated me and made me want to create a version of it in NationStates.

The name Canamerico and Greenland combined the names of the North American nations: Canada, (US of) America, Mexico, and Greenland. In RP, Mexico is not part of my nation because it fought for its independence years ago.

Sounds interesting. Got any links to a dispatch or factbook?

Unfortunately not. The factbook on the Mexican war of independence is still being made. It will be released some time in the future.

I look forward to it!

What do you like the most about TSP?

The community, everyone is very nice to me. I cannot recall the time when a member of the community ever harassed me, except for the trolls that come and go. I also see most community members treating each other with respect. People here are always willing to help one another, I remember both The Republic of @Konsa and Virifortis helped me revive my old puppets. When everyone here treats me this nicely, I don’t really have a reason to move out. In fact, I would even consider TSP my ‘home region’.

It’s also my home, for much the same reason. I’m sure Konsa and Virifortis were happy to help you out!

If you were in charge for a day, what would you do?

I would probably increase the amount of inter-regional events we have; not only would it help TSP, it would help other regions as well. I would change the way high court justices are paid from per case to per month; Griffindor’s recent posts on our discord server suggests that the justices are already running out of food due to lack of money, and I think that it is very important to keep our justices alive. I would also like to increase the number of polls so that the government can know more about the people’s needs and wants.

Hahahaha, maybe it’s worth bringing a budget forward in the Assembly so we can make sure everybody is paid enough Drama Llamas to get their food. If you bring your ideas forward, I’ll bring you mine.

Favorite song, book, game, movie, or more?

I listened to a pretty big variety of music, so I couldn’t say which one is my favourite. My favourite games are flight simulator games. My fascination with them and aviation in general came when I lived close to a major airport and I would always see planes from everywhere coming in for landing. With movies, I watch a lot of crime and mystery documentaries, they’re always my first watch every time I open Netflix.

Aviation is super interesting. Maybe the checklists and the flight plans are too monotonous for some, but there’s something really special about being able to constantly beat gravity.

Alright, here’s the most important question of the hour. Cake, pie, or ice cream?

I have to choose ice cream, it gets very hot and humid where I live and ice cream always hits the spot. I like cake and pie too, though.

Ice cream grows in power!!! The era of cake and pie is over!!!

Well, thank you for joining me North. I’m looking forward to those dispatches, and I hope to see you get involved with our new MOOSE to run more polls!

Once again, it is a pleasure to be featured, Henn!

Stay tuned for the next Resident Spotlight. . .

9 Likes