Greetings to the Great Council.
Mr. Chair, I would like to present the following draft for consideration. This is largely a reskinning of the existing act to conform to legislation passed by the Great Council.
Regional Officers Act
An act providing for the dissemination of Regional Officer powers
1. General Provisions
(1) This law is a general law.
2. Regional Officers
(1) The in-game Delegate will be granted all Regional Officer powers.
(2) The Prime Minister will be granted all non-Border Control powers.
(3) The Prime Minister may allot up to four Regional Officer positions, and grant them any combination of Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls powers.
(4) The Security Council will be allotted a minimum of three Regional Officer positions and be granted Border Control and Communications powers.
(5) Moderators appointed by the Administration Team will be allotted up to three Regional Officer positions and be granted Appearance, Communications and Polls powers as necessary to enforce moderation policy.
(6) Members of the Security Council who concurrently serve as another Regional Officer named in this act will be granted the powers of both offices.
(7) Where applicable, all unused Regional Officer positions will be allotted to the Security Council.
(8) During elections, the Election Commissioner will be granted Communications and Polls powers.
(9) The Security Council may grant Border Control powers to other Regional Officers as they see fit.
(1) The Border Control power does not grant any legal authority to eject or ban nations from the region when not authorized by security or criminal laws, or a reasonable moderation policy as executed by moderators.
(2) The Communications power must not be used excessively in a way that effectively spams the region.
(3) Exercise of Regional Officer powers must follow all applicable laws and rules. Conduct unbecoming of a representative of the South Pacific may result in suspension of Regional Officer power as determined by the issuing authority.