Reform of the executive and the status of the delegate

I submit my proposal here, which was there: Reform of the executive and the status of the delegate.

The Charter of the South Pacific

VI. THE EXECUTIVE

Establishing an executive branch consisting of the Prime Minister and the Cabinet.

(1) The Prime Minister will be the head of government and the leader of the Cabinet. lead the policies and the actions of the Cabinet, wich they will have to appoint. They will share the head of government with the delegate. They will be responsible for the overall coordination of executive activities, being a liaison between the government and the community, and protecting the Coalition.

(2) The Cabinet will consist of ministers with the following portfolios: World Assembly Legislation, Foreign Affairs, Culture, Engagement, and Defense.

(3) As co-leader of the Cabinet, the Prime Minister is responsible for overseeing a collective Cabinet agenda, and may give directions and instructions to the ministers. They may be assisted in this task by the Delegate. Disputes within the Cabinet are subject to the majority decision and collective responsibility; where there is no majority the Prime Minister’s vote shall be the deciding one.

4) The Office of World Assembly Legislation will be a permanent executive office, which will be led by a Director, responsible for coordinating the Coalition’s activities in the World Assembly, providing assistance in drafting resolutions, and issuing voting recommendations on World Assembly proposals. At the start of each Cabinet term, the Director will be appointed by the Prime Minister for a term coinciding with the Cabinet’s. In any vacancy, a new Director will be appointed by the Prime Minister to serve the remainder of the term.

5)4) Members of the Executive are required to hold legislator status.

65 Executive elections appointments will be held every four three months, where the Prime Minister and all Cabinet positions will be up for election. will be appointed by the delegate. They will appoint ministers and the Cabinet will be confirmed by regional poll.

76 The date, time, and manner of elections appointments will be set by the Assembly in a law.

Minister of World Assembly Legislation

7. The Minister of World Assembly Legislation will be responsible for coordinating the Coalition’s activities in the World Assembly, providing assistance in drafting resolutions, and issuing voting recommendations on World Assembly proposals.

[…]

Executive Authorities

(15) The executive may exercise the collective authority of executive orders, by unanimous consent among the Delegate, the Prime Minister and Cabinet ministers. Executive orders may only be issued to address an immediate and pressing issue created by ambiguity or holes in a particular law, which will immediately have the effect of law.

VII. THE DELEGATE

Establishing a Head of State.

(1) The Delegate will be the head of state of the Coalition and they will share the head of government with the Prime Minister. They will be responsible for helping maintain the security of the region, promoting growth and activity, and serving as an advisor to the forum-side government.they will have to appoint the Prime Minister. Barring reasonable circumstances, the Delegate will hold the in-game Delegate seat. No person may be Delegate if they have participated, in whole or in part and at any time, in any coup d’etat of the Coalition or any of its allies, excluding normal raiding, defending, or liberation efforts as part of an organized military.

Elections Act

1. Office of the Delegate

(4) The Delegate-elect will be considered formally inaugurated upon achieving the most endorsements. Prior to inauguration, the sole responsibility of the Delegate-elect is to gather endorsements, in coordination with the incumbent Delegate and in cooperation with the Council on Regional Security. The incumbent will continue to hold the office of the Delegate and will remain responsible for all responsibilities of that office, serving out the remainder of their term, until the inauguration of the Delegate-elect. After the inauguration, the Delegate is responsible for appointing the Prime Minister.

1. Offices of the Cabinet

(1) On the first of every February, June and October, the Assembly will convene to elect the Prime Minister and the Cabinet.
January, April, July and October, the Deleguate will appoint the Prime Minister. They will then appoint the ministers of their Cabinet.
a. After the first 4 days of the election period, during which legislators may declare their candidacy and campaign for only one position, and a campaign-only period of two days, where candidates may campaign and the Assembly will debate the merits of their platforms, the Assembly will vote for 3 days.
b. For each position, the respective winner, as decided using Instant-Runoff Voting, will be declared the Minister-elect by the Election Commissioner.

Following the Cabinet appointment, the Prime Minister will face a regional poll vote. If they are not confirmed with the majority of votes, the Delegate will be responsible for appointing a new Prime Minister.

(2) The terms for the incoming Prime Minister and Cabinet ministers will begin the week after elections appointments. Before this inauguration, any and all election appointment-related disputes must be settled. The outgoing Prime Minister and Cabinet ministers will maintain their offices until then.

1. Vacancies of Office

(1) A special election will be held for vacancies arising within the Cabinet, if at least half of the term remains. If less than half of the term remains, or the position is vacant due to nobody running in its election, the Cabinet may appoint a replacement until the next regularly scheduled election.
a.In the event of a vacancy in the post of Prime Minister, the Delegate will have to appoint a new one, the Cabinet will remain in place.
b.In the event of a vacancy in a Cabinet post, the Prime Minister will appoint the successor to the vacant post.

I still maintain my position that this is not worth pursuing. The RMB regulars looking to get involved in our politics scene can simply sign up to our forum (which is new, shiny and more ‘modern’ than ever before!), and utilizing regional polls as an electoral method is inherently less safe than holding elections on the forum is going to be, due to LegComm’s ability to vet out potential bad-faith actors on the latter platform.

The status quo in this case works. I don’t see why that needs to be changed.

I strongly encourage you to proofread your drafts before you post them. This draft has a large amount of typos, misspellings, and issues with sentence structure that should have been caught early on in your writing process.

In any case, a few comments about the substance of your proposal:

1. Your proposal makes the Delegate a “co-head of government”, but much like in your prior thread you still haven’t made a case (much less a compelling one) for why they should have political responsibilities. In addition, if the Delegate is to be head of government then what is the point of the Prime Minister?

2. Why do we want a Ministry of World Assembly Legislation? Is there a particular function that we need it to perform that it can’t otherwise perform under the current arrangement?

3. Why do we want the Cabinet to be confirmed by regional poll?

Putting it simply, I just don’t want the Delegate to be a “political” office. I fail to see anything wrong with the tradition of the Delegate being neutral towards a particular government and/or its opposition. There’s security risk attached to it but I feel like that horse has been beaten to death enough already. I know that this is a compromise but I just don’t see why we’d have the HoS and HoG be that interconnected.
The rest of these provisions are secondary IMO.