ProfessorHenn for Prime Minister

Hello.

I’m ProfessorHenn, long time South Pacifican and incumbent Minister of Culture. In times long past us, I served as Minister of Regional Affairs and as Minister of the Army, as well as General of the South Pacific Special Forces.

I will split this campaign into several sections, covering each of our Ministries and the Office of World Assembly Legislation.

Defense
The South Pacific Special Forces has been doing a lot of good work recently, both as a part of larger liberations and as individual soldiers participate in updates with our allies and friends. I am greatly appreciative of General HumanSanity and Commander Pronoun in leading the force, and as PM, I would continue our current defense policy with their advice.

Foreign Affairs
Our incumbent foreign policy has been serving our region very well, and I do not intend to introduce changes to that. My own experience in this realm is strictly on a cultural basis, and I will lean heavily on the next FA Minister for guidance in responding to more sensitive occurrences. I hope to reach out for more interregional cultural events along the lines of the Hunger Games tournament we did with Thaecia last term, with a variety of regions.

Culture
Continuing the smaller events, whether that’s internal to the South Pacific or as a joint event with another region, should be a mainstay of our policy, so long as they are actually participated in. I lost my own drive to continue running them when I wouldn’t get another person onboard for them, but I hope to work with the next Minister on something different that would catch the interest of our region.

Engagement
Our entire integration program needs to be overhauled, or at a minimum, closely scrutinized. Despite our status as a feeder, we have been having a bad time with retention of players, and with our own activity levels as a result of not maintaining that influx of new players and ideas.

To that end, I believe we should revamp the dispatch system in its entirety and strive to keep a more simplified and streamlined appearance on our WFE, rethink how the Cabinet currently operates integration efforts, and opening up more of the government (through ventures similar to HumanSanity’s proposed Discord reorganization) for players to participate and interact with. Pronoun’s current efforts in the first would be continued, and I’m hoping to organize a moot court and/or similar events to promote activity.

World Assembly Legislation
Concrete Slab has mentioned wanting to develop a community here of those interested in writing WA resolutions and writing recommendations on proposals in quorum or at vote, and I fully agree with this. This would be a part of the wider effort to promote additional activity with Engagement.

Conflict of Interest Disclosure

My WA nation is Sporaltryus, residing in the South Pacific.
I am also a resident of Selene. I hold nations in no other regions.

I look forward to answering any and all questions that you may have.

1 Like

Do you see the lack of interest as an issue of finding the right event to get people interested, or do you see more consistent/structural reasons why smaller events might not be interesting?

How do you envision that entirety? How extensive/detailed do you believe our dispatch system should be?

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why these events are mentioned with respect to engagement, not culture?

Partly the former, partly the latter. I think that the events we’ve been hosting haven’t really been something that people have been responding to as much as they might have to other events, but I also don’t think we have as much of a community present anyways to really participate. I don’t want to ask the Minister or staffers to run events for no good reason, or to simulate the illusion of an active community until one sprouts up, but it’s something we need to consider as a wider part of the integration plan.

We have, at all times, a max of 3 dispatches (Such as a rotating dispatch a la Elections/Delegate Briefings/etc, Intro to NS and TSP that should be useful on its own but have links to more detailed dispatches regarding specific aspects of our government and community and hopefully stop there, and RMB Rules, as an example) pinned to our WFE. The likelihood of people clicking on the “6 More” button to read critical information about getting involved in our community is not something I want to count on, and for those who are interested in reading some dispatches for more details, we can place links at the bottom of the WFE in an easily browsable format.

There’s a single “index” dispatch that would serve a primary purpose of introducing a new player to the region, its community, and its government. Dispatches stemming from this should go into detail about specifics aspects such as joining OWL, the SPSF, the Roleplay community, and more, and stop there. Second-order and beyond should be avoided whenever possible.

I firmly believe engagement and culture should be working hand in hand on this matter. As far as I’m concerned, we should have never split the Ministry of Regional Affairs in 2020, since their work is intrinsically tied to developing and maintaining the community that we have, whether it be convincing new NS players to stay here or running events for the players we do have.

Looks like a solid campaign overall. I’m admittedly not super plugged in here all the time, but one part caught my eye.

Concrete Slab has mentioned wanting to develop a community here of those interested in writing WA resolutions and writing recommendations on proposals in quorum or at vote, and I fully agree with this. This would be a part of the wider effort to promote additional activity with Engagement.

I’d love to see more of this sort of thing. Though I believe OWL has tried to encourage proposal development in the past, and it has not been very effective.

Defenders in general (and reasonably TSP in particular) are in a pretty strong position in the World Assembly at the moment. We passed Commend Kringalia in a TSP-specific case, and some other projects have come to fruition well (the upcoming Commend Spiritus comes to mind).

How do you and CS plan to engage these people to hopefully encourage them more? I know CS has co-authored a proposal or (and attempted a second) with LUI, is that something you’d be willing to push as more of an official iniative to get people involved by starting as co-authors with more experienced South Pacifican authors?

How does the Partnership for Sovereignty fit into this vision, and do you plan to make any changes to TSP’s delegation if elected?

Lasly – do any nominees/focuses for proposals come to mind as things you’d like to see accomplished as part of a TSP WA agenda (i.e. South Pacificans to commend, etc)?

1 Like

Absolutely. I might have aspirations for authoring a WA resolution, but the NS forums have a reputation for being absolutely ruthless and cutthroat. These resolutions should be held to a very high standard, but I believe we’ll get more South Pacifican authors if we can chop the ideas in-house with experienced authors
(and familiar faces) over other ideas for encouraging more TSPers in the WA.

Whenever we have homegrown SC resolutions and have done our chop on them, we’ll send them to the PfS for their review. If there’s a South Pacifican that’s the focus of a resolution, we’ll push for the bloc to recommend FOR.

At this time, I don’t have anything in particular to add to the WA agenda. That may change, and I would absolutely love to see more TSPers get commended and recognized for their work in the Security Council.

I might have aspirations for authoring a WA resolution, but the NS forums have a reputation for being absolutely ruthless and cutthroat. These resolutions should be held to a very high standard, but I believe we’ll get more South Pacifican authors if we can chop the ideas in-house with experienced authors
(and familiar faces) over other ideas for encouraging more TSPers in the WA.

Having written a few by now myself, ranging from easy passes to pure political masochism, I’d argue that the forums are less about feedback and more about debate (often politically charged one way or another)

Don’t get me wrong, there’s valuable criticism usually provided there, especially by certain regulars. But I’m glad to see you focusing on this in-house (and hopefully in off-site PfS areas for which resources exist) first, because I’ve seen a lot of proposals die because they went to the forums too early and their would-be opposition just dumpstered them there, leading to no submission or otherwise decreased credibility.

It’s just how it is in a political game, I’ve gone hard against proposals too, but it’s good to see you have this on your mind going into it since it’s on your PM agenda!

Whenever we have homegrown SC resolutions and have done our chop on them, we’ll send them to the PfS for their review.

Good to hear, the resources there aren’t as advertised (or refined) as they could be sometimes, but they’re definitely there and I like to think it has potential to keep pushing successul proposals for the member regions.

If there’s a South Pacifican that’s the focus of a resolution, we’ll push for the bloc to recommend FOR.

As expected, and I hope we see porposals simila to Kringle’s commend sooner or later.

Thanks for your answers!