More than a year has passed since the contest in Gralois, Ikoania and therefore we can be excited to have a new iteration of this event in Stoinia soon! A song contest without songs does not make much sense though, therefore I present to you the successor to all OOC Pacivision topics: Pacivision Song Contest - Submissions!
Pacivision is a music show broadcasted to millions of households all around Pacifica based on the Eurovision Song Contest. Every independent nation may participate in the contest and may submit an entry via the form below until the given deadline. You may submit the following kinds of entries:
- an IRL song
- an IRL instrumental (with or without lyrics)
- an entirely original piece of music (with or without lyrics)
Following criteria must be met by your submitted entry:
- An entry may not exceed five minutes in length.
- The artist's name as well as any IRL references in the lyrics of a song must be changed to fit the canon.
- A translation of a text has to be provided in the post of the performance, if the submitted song is not in Austral.
- Following songs are banned from being submitted:
- Songs, which have been in the Billboard Hot 100 of this or last year
- Entries of this or last year's Eurovision Song Contest or Eurovision Song Contest spin-offs, e.g. the American Song Contest
- Former winning songs of the Pacivision Song Contest
- Songs an active roleplaying nation has sent to the Pacivision Song Contest or songs by artists appearing to be claimed by active roleplaying nations according to the list linked below the rules
- Songs an inactive roleplaying nation has sent to the Pacivision Song Contest or songs by artists appearing to be claimed by inactive roleplaying nations according to the list linked below the rules in the last five years
- One may submit a song by an artist appearing to be claimed by an active roleplaying nation according to the list linked below the rules, if the roleplayer of that active nation allows the common usage of their character. The song must not be the same as the one, that was already presented in a prior contest.
Please use this form to submit your entry in this topic:
[b]Song/Title:[/b] [Please link the Song before the song submission deadline] [If in another language, please provide the title’s translation into Austral]
[b]Artist(s)/Performer(s):[/b] [No more than Six]
[b]Songwriter(s):[/b] [If applicable]
[b]Commentator(s):[/b] [People who give additional information before the song] [If your country's native language isn't Austral or have more than one native language, feel free to put in more than one]
[b]Spokesperson:[/b] [Jury points announcer]
You will have two weeks to submit your entries (until 6 August 2023).
After all entries have been submitted and it has been checked, whether they are conformant with the rules, there will be an allocation draw in which running order the entries will be presented to the audience in the Pacivision Song Contest 2023 topic. Once the event has been started off by our wonderful host @Maverick later this Summer (Note: maybe later, depends on some external factors), each roleplayer is supposed to post their (1) “Postcard”, (2) “Opening Card”/“Stage Ready Graphic”, (3) Lyrics and Performance Description in the order drawn by us through the allocation draw mentioned earlier. When all songs have been presented, voting will be conducted in this topic. The voting rules will be presented at a later date, but it is planned to introduce a “Rest of the World” vote additionally this year in order to open the roleplay event to TSP newcomers and gameside also.
And with that: Let’s begin this Pacivision season for real! Have fun!