Office of the Cabinet

Greetings to the Coalition, to legislators and citizens, to friends and allies, to all others.

This is the start of the end of one of the most interesting administrations that we’ve seen, if not controversial and groundbreaking simultaneously. From foreign policy incidents to massive legislative shifts, we’ve seen many an event involve us in some way and that demands our attention. That is, for lack of a better phrase, the life of a politician, that chooses to participate NationStates’ oldest democracy.

Our belief in democratic principles remains the cornerstone of our actions and outlook on the world. A Southern Cross, guiding our way through the foggy waters of foreign affairs and domestic struggles. It brings us from point to point, and we remain wholly confident in its ability to best serve the interests of the South Pacific. However, as much as democracy relies on the people to choose, it also relies on people to deliver, and this is where we are at now.

The priority for this term, my third in a row and the last one for at least a good long while, is on getting things ready for the future. Cleaning up the offices of all the SPIT glasses and tidying up the furniture from late night celebrations of successful liberations and SC resolution passages. Transcribing all of our notes into neat binders to pass on to successors, so that they don’t struggle with the same issues we had. Recruiting the best folks to be able to take our places, in time, to carry on our democratic traditions.

To that end, my ministers and I have outlined our agendas, to the Assembly and to the citizenry, detailing our intended actions beyond accomplishing the metaphorical. @Legend / New American Dictatorship is taking the lead on accomplishing the events we planned out last term, as well as continuing his advocacy for greater cross-platform cooperation. @USoVietnam / United States of Vietnam is doing the most cleanup of the ministers, reorganizing our integration software, ensuring all aspects of the community receive their due diligence in recruitment, and training up the next generation to take over integration duties. @Of_the_Ages / The Age of Utopia is serving a critical role as the voice of roleplay in the Cabinet, and will lead the way on interregional roleplay events.

@ConcreteSlab / Concrete Slab is rizzing it up abroad, to my outmoded understanding, and I’m sure is not causing any diplomatic incidents as a result. @EmC / Emagination will work with the Delegate on building our WA culture, the perennial goal of OWL, but we have confidence in their ability. @Banexet / Drew Durrnil is the moon of the Coalition, reviving the Tidal Force and washing away the crusty old paint we have on the boat. We have our plans, in motion at a brisk pace, and I anticipate seeing many of them come to fruition in one form or another. The future demands it.

It is an immense pleasure, and an honor, to serve the Coalition in this capacity once again. With the spirit of lampshades, and llamas, at our side, we shall do great things.

As always, we are at your service.

Yours Truly,
@ProfessorHenn / Sporaltryus
Prime Minister of the South Pacific

6 Likes