Maluhia for Prime Minister

That’s noble. Not sure if it merits the central position in your platform that it holds, though, beyond empty words :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, well, you included them in a list under OWL, so I was confused.

Oh sorry, my bad!

1 Like

Additionally - do you favour the replacement of cabinet elections with an appointed system?

1 Like

Is there something that is threatening democracy in the region? If not, then why is this even an issue that would come to mind?

1 Like

I’d for sure be open to debating around it. I’d go either way. I would want to do a bit more research about the topic before I decide on my opinion.

I would support an elected PM who chooses their Cabinet though.

As of now, probably not. We can’t always be totally sure though.

It comes to mind mainly because I’ve been in other regions where democracy has been seriously threatened and I know what it feels like. I want to prevent this from happening here in TSP.

Okay, so, ignoring the fact that you’re talking about combating a problem that you have provided no evidence exists, why are you more qualified to address this problem than your opponent, or than the option to re-open nominations?

You have said “you’ll make sure democracy is protected”. What will you do in order to do that? It sounds like you’ll reach out to more people and talk about democracy a lot.

Frankly, to me that doesn’t sound like safeguarding democracy. It sounds like building a populist movement within TSP.

This ideology which infuses your entire election campaign doesn’t support any specific direction for the government or set of policies. It is simply “we should be democratic”. With the caveat that “we should be democratic” means whatever you, the leader of the pro-democracy movement, think it means. And, really, you’ll have the ultimate power to define what it means, since you’ve never actually defined it!

There’s a reason we don’t actually task the Prime Minister with “protecting democracy”. Or with security for that matter. That is a risky game, where we give an elected leader a rhetorical toolkit to make themselves virtually unaccountable to anyone else because everything they do is in the service of democracy, and all of their opponents are parts of the hidden enemy which opposes TSP’s democracy.

This campaign isn’t just a useless gust of air and pile of actual nothingness (although it is also that!). Your campaign is actively dangerous as it props you up as a populist leader to protect us from unspecified anti-democratic evils while subverting the part of our elections where we actually discuss the merits of candidates and their proposals. You say this is the way to safeguard our democracy. In reality, it’s a rhetorical tool kit to give you control of our democracy.

Of course, you may have not intended that. You may just be saying random things you read in a social studies textbook in hopes it will get you elected or at least make a nice speech. But, if that’s the case, I still don’t want you to be Prime Minister, because you’re clearly a long way away from being up for the job.

I must agree withHumanSanity, before you think of truly running for PM with a hope of winning, you have to have clearly set campaign goals, if you make promises we have to be sure we can trust you, and you need a certain feel of expertise, or something that will make everyone like, woah! We need this person in the position as PM, they’re really experienced! Not someone with unclear goals and seemingly little expertise or experience in the position.

And remember, wording is everything, pick your words wisely.

I’ve had some family issues…and I apologize for my inactivity. However, I did a revamp of this page :slight_smile: taking some of the feedback into account.

I’m withdrawing my candidacy for run for MoFA.

This thread is no longer of use :slight_smile: