July 2024 Prime Minister Election | Voting

Voting

July 2024 Prime Minister Election

This is an election for Prime Minister of the South Pacific and Craziest Person of the South Pacific conducted under instant-runoff vote.

IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE VOTING
Consider the following conditions before voting, else your vote may not be counted:
  • This election is held under instant-runoff vote, so you must assign a numeric rank to at least one candidate.
  • You may only vote for candidates already listed on the ballot; voting for other candidates or mistyping their names is not allowed.
  • You may only vote if you became a citizen on or before the date below:
  • 2024-07-15T14:00:00Z

To cast a vote follow the steps listed below:

1. Open a private message to the Election Commissioner through the button below.

2. Ballot

3. Insert the Prime Minister | Ballot template via Gear > Insert Template.

4. Example

5. Input the numeric rank that you wish to assign to each candidate where 1 is most preferred. You do not need to rank all candidates.

6. Example
WHEN DOES VOTING CLOSE?
Voting will remain open until the date below:

2024-07-24T14:00:00Z

Proclamation of Results

July 2024 Prime Minister Election

The whole number of citizens eligible to vote for Prime Minister of the South Pacific is 90; within that whole number the citizens who cast a vote are 34 and the citizens who cast a valid vote are 32.

The state of the vote for Prime Minister of the South Pacific is as follows:

• LordNwahs | 21 first preferences | 65.63% in the first round Elected

• ProfessorHenn | 10 first preferences | 31.25% in the first round

• Re-Open Nominations | 1 first preference | 3.13% in the first round

The state of the vote for Craziest Person of the South Pacific is as follows:

• Indiana | 200,008.50 first preferences | 97.4241% in the first round Elected

• Kris Kringle | 5,184 first preferences | 2.5251% in the first round

• Bronze Statue of Barack and Michelle Obama | 53 first preferences | 0.0258% in the first round

• Meaningful Cough | 28 first preferences | 0.0136% in the first round

• Re-Open Nominations | 15.14 first preferences | 0.0074% in the first round

• Fluffy the Three-Headed Dog and Noodle the Basilisk (and Witherbeak the Hippogriff) | 8 first preferences | 0.0039% in the first round

• Ron Weasley | 00 first preferences | 00.0000% in the first round

This announcement of the state of the vote by the Election Commissioner shall be deemed a sufficient declaration of the person elected Prime Minister of the South Pacific for the term beginning 2024-08-01T14:00:00Z.

The state of the vote shall be entered, together with the lists of votes cast, on the Election Management Portal.

5 Likes

Thank you to everyone who voted. I will do my best to repay the trust that you have put in me for the term ahead. And for those that did not vote for me as their first preference, I will work hard to earn your trust in the months ahead.

I also want to thank @ProfessorHenn for coming ahead and running as a challenger, even if was only at the last moment. I think they mentioned a lot of things in his campaign that I fully agree with, and I hope that people read his campaign and give what they wrote there some thought as well.

I will talk more about my cabinet in the days ahead leading up to the full transition of power. While I look forward to introducing my new team, with some new and some familiar faces, I want to emphasize that I welcome to all TSPers who are interested in chipping in to help for the projects that my government will kick-start in the term ahead.

Let’s get started, TSP!

21 Likes

Stop the steal! Fluffy, Noddle, and Buckwings are the true winners!

9 Likes