Extra Canon Research Discussion

So, as I’ve said, I’m interested in experimenting with the extra canon’s at some point, so I figured that before I start drafting settings and ideas, it might be practical to get some data from the community (obviously other people could use this, I just needed to make something because there wasn’t anywhere else to put it)

On average, how long might it take you to rp the events of a single day?

An uneventful day (not much happens)
  • 1-2 Days
  • 2-5 Days
  • 6-7 Days
  • More than a week
0 voters
A normal day (a fair amount of stuff happens)
  • 1-2 Days
  • 2-5 Days
  • 6-7 Days
  • More than a week
0 voters
An eventful day (a lot happens)
  • 1-2 Days
  • 2-5 Days
  • 6-7 Days
  • More than a week
0 voters
1 Like

Legend, feel free to ask me to delete this if you don’t want it here, but I’d also like to get some preliminary data on what genres people are most interested in

What setting(s) are you interested in that are not covered by an existing canon?
  • Low Fantasy
  • Pure medieval
  • Modern Fantasy (A setting set in a fantasy world that is modern in technology)
  • Steampunk
  • Cyberpunk
  • Renaissance/Colonial Era
0 voters
4 Likes

The below means that, instead of a canon that is generally roleplay-oriented with worldbuilding as a backdrop like Pacifica, we would instead have a canon that is generally worldbuilding-oriented with the roleplay as a secondary effort. I imagine this as a refuge for those who dislike the fast-paced and generally contradictory nature of Pacifica and would instead like a slower-paced, relaxing canon where they can work at their own pace instead of having to check the RP daily lest they miss a major, world-changing war (that inevitably ends up not really changing the world that much).

This could work with any tech level or setting, although it would probably work best with a modern or science fiction setting. For comparison, Pacifica currently takes “many fundamental concepts” from the real world (religions, languages, mirrored colonial history, great war in the 20th century, carbon copy cultures, etc.).

Would you be interested in a canon that is less of a roleplay canon and more of a collaborative worldbuilding project? If so, to what degree?
  • No
  • Yes, I would be interested in a worldbuilding project that takes many concepts from the real world.
  • Yes, I would be interested in a worldbuilding project that takes some fundamental concepts from the real world (religion, language, etc.).
  • Yes, I would be interested in a fully original worldbuilding project with little if any concepts taken from the real world.
0 voters
4 Likes