Of the over one thousand and sixty-nine articles and counting in the Austral TSPedia [currently broken] there are some articles that TSP Encyclopedians have identified as being somewhat unusual. These articles are verifiable, valuable contributions to the encyclopedia, but are a bit odd, whimsical. We should take special care to meet the highest standards of an encyclopedia with these articles lest they make TSPedia appear idiosyncratic. If you wish to add an article to this list, the article in question should preferably meet one or more of these criteria:
- The article is something a reasonable person would not expect to find in a standard encyclopedia.
- The subject is a highly unusual combination of concepts, such as frankist unicorn, death from coconut, etc.
- The subject is a clear anomaly—something that defies common sense, common expectations or common knowledge, such as Government Island, Pazar am Fluss, Grovne effect, Snow in FiHami, etc.
- The subject is well-documented for unexpected notoriety or an unplanned cult following at extreme levels, such as The Shark of Izaakia or SPIT.
- The subject is a notorious hoax, such as the Lampshade syndrome or there is nothing outside the South Pacific.
- The subject might be found amusing, though serious.
- The subject is distinct amongst other similar ones.
- The article is a list or collection of articles or subjects meeting the criteria above.
This definition is not precise or absolute; some articles could still be considered unusual even if they do not fit these guidelines.
Each entry on this list should be an article on its own (not merely a section in a less unusual article) and of decent quality, and in large meeting TSPedia’s manual of style.
In this list, a star () indicates a featured article. A plus () indicates a “Good article”.
With the Wiki BROKEN where will the creativity juice of Pacificians go!!!!!! So here's an wiki event hosted here in the FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Also we need more choas in Pacifica)
You can participate by replying to this post like this example;
|There are too many Grovne Treaties… (1999)(2000)(2001)…etc.
|Mathematics and numbers
Of course the idea is from Wikipedia:Unusual articles and you are also encouraged to take ideas from the list.
You can also (but don’t need to) include a snippet of the page (or even write the entire page) for example;
The Grovne effect is the probability when there is too much of a certain thing without any reason or cause, coined by philosopher and mathematician Qwerty Mcqwerston while walking through the city of Setian, Ikoania. He noticed that there a lot of thing named after Grovne without rhyme or reason. He noted the Grovne Garden, Grovne Gala Hall, Grovne Golf Center and Grovne brand granola bar in a Grovne Grocery.
(This will not be submitted because I didn’t get permission and its not that funny)
You are allowed only one submission for the Places and infrastructure catagory per country. (As many as you want for collaborative ones between more than one person) Every submission must be in a separate post. If there’s too many submissions from one person (lets say 5) only the most hearted/reacted will be counted/added to the wiki page.
The most hearted/reacted post will get a and most hearted/reacted 10% (rounded up) of the submissions will get the in the actual (get it?) wiki page. (pls heart the funny ones)
You have until 4/4/2022 04:44:44 (UTC+4)
Let’s call it the Annual(?) Contest of Typing the Unusual Articles List.
Let the ACTUAL starts NOW!!!
oh and april fools.
CLOSED, thanks for playing. Maybe see you next year. https://wiki.thesouthpacific.org/w/TSPedia:Unusual_articles_(Pacifica)