End Of The Old Order: Bortle Class I

Merimang Group “Nothing.”

“What does that mean?”

Time: 12th-17th Dec.
Characters: Lenko Pantaliev - Tayna Xhuglini - Foreign Intervention Arriving At The LIghthouse

With an articulated downtime in EMF, it’s a natural assumption that sleeping would come in haste. No, it doesn’t help, even if you down half a bottle of sleeping pills. Say, aren’t those deliriants? Doesn’t matter anymore. The lighthouse is a nice place, so I’ve heard, an hour or so away by foot… Between too tired to move and too bothered to sleep. Whatever, it’s nearly dawn, they haven’t arrived yet. Neither of them as a matter of fact.
I avoid interactions here. I’ve avoided them since September, some people, they don’t like the truth, they’d prefer a lampshade looming over them. I guess I’m one of those people.
. . .
“You seem to share the same sentiment. Why are you here?”
. . .
"Don’t need to say anything? That’s a welcoming feature."Reaching for the inner pocket of my slim jacket to get the lighter, of course I should’ve expected a sudden interaction.
“…We should tell them.”, muttered under the breah.
I pretended at first not to hear the comment. ‘Should’ and ‘tell’ shouldn’t be allowed to form a sentence together. Few things that I’m convinced of, by experience mind you.
“You can’t sleep because of your brother.” God do I hate this kid already.

Lenko:“You shouldn’t be here. On the island itself, I mean.”
Tayna:“You don’t want to be here. I don’t understand why you feel the need to be around. You never were around, were you?”
Lenko:“What do you mean?”“You can’t just assume something like that, make a claim about it and never explain it.”
Tayna:“Is my estimate incorrect?”
Lenko:“Only a portion. What did you mean when you said that we should tell them? What? To whom?”
Tayna:“The truth, Lenko.”
“I auto disagree. It’s against the principles.”
“Are you still traumatized from learning about how the CobWeb position is passed down? Or are you projecting something?”
Lenko: Jesus, this kid…, “Look, whatever is bothering you - it’s bound to pass.”
Tayna:“That is so easy for you to say. I guess it’s easy for all of you.” She looked down at the sea. Thoughts raced through her mind; ‘It could all be so simple for me as well.’ She was approaching the ledge of a widely opened, unrepaired window of this old lighthouse.
Lenko didn’t at first notice her movement, nor what she meant. He looked to her side and saw her standing on the ledge but before he could react, she exclaimed; Tayna:“There they are. Why are they coming from the North-West?” Lenko then let out a long sigh.
They left the lighthouse soon after. Apparently, the foreign force is going to land on this lighthouse and they are going to have to welcome them. Before the first ship was mere minutes away from docking,Lenko asked:"What did you mean exactly, up there, about it being easy for all of us?"Tayna:"…You will all die with your secrets kept."She turned to him, with an expression he hadn’t seen before on anyone.
Lenko:"Have you met either of them - I mean Zihexh or Skandergrof?"Tayna:"Only Darian. Don’t use that as an excuse. The opposing forces being unfathamobly worse than us or wha-"Lenko:“Oh no, that wasn’t what I was going to say…When looking into your eyes, and I have killed many people, I’ve met both Traren and Darian, sick people, twisted people…But none of them looked at me or anyone in the manner which you do…I would be worried if you were the one leading their forces.”
Tayna turned her sight away from Lenko to greet the RPN, before moving towards them, she gave off a soft smile. She took what Lenko had said as a compliment.

2 Likes