Cloud9 Báraarde

Football
Cricket
Basketball
Tennis
More
Watch Now

Báraardean sports

The latest news and scores from Báraardean sports.

Latest Article ➔

1 Like

Cloud9 Báraarde

“What just happened”: #3 Wessels SK defeated by #6 Oseaanmense Reg FC

In the round of 8 of the Báraarde Cup playoffs, Oseaanmense Reg FC defeated Wessels SK 3-1 in penalty kicks. The Wessels SK fans entered their home stadium thinking that this game would be a shoo-in—after all, they were the better team. But as the game went on, the stadium got quieter and quieter until there was barely any noise coming from the Wessels fans when penalty kicks came. Oseaanmense Reg is notorious for their excellent penalty kickers, so this game was in the bag for them by the time that whistle blew at the end of extra time.

The MVP of this game is obviously the Oseaanmense Reg defense. They prevented 6 Wessels attempts to score, with the keeper preventing an additional three. Their strategy was to come in, keep the game tied, and destroy Wessels SK in penalty kicks. This has been their strategy throughout the season, and is why they ended the season with 34 wins. However, we still have to wait and see how they will fare against the #2 team, Crabelo SK, who has the most Cup wins out of everyone in the Cup this year.

1 Like

Cloud9 Báraarde

This is Stupid and I’m Done

The suspense was surely real… for the one person who bet everybody that 5-ranked Giyadock Noord would defeat 1-ranked Rivierdorp Suid FC. The game finally began today after a 2 day delay due to inclement weather in Rivierdorp. The game stayed 0-0 until extra time. Extra time began, the first half passed with no goals, and then the second half passed with no goals. Then the penalty kicks began.

Some teams just can’t kick penalty kicks. Some teams have a really good keeper. Some teams have a really good keeper going up against a team that can’t kick penalty kicks. The last one is Giyadock Noord’s experience during this game’s penalty kicks. They put up three penalty kicks against Rivierdorp Suid FC’s… zero. Zero penalty kicks from the team ranked first in all of Báraarde. Now I’m out 500 Munt and Rivierdorp Suid FC is out a fanbase.

Our final 2 matchup is Giyadock Noord against Crabelo FC at Crabelo National Stadium. Let us hope that Crabelo wins this match, lest I be out another 500 Munt and I have to stare at the most unlikely team, Giyadock Noord, being national champions until next season.

1 Like

Cloud9 Báraarde

It Happened

Crabelo National Stadium was sold out for the match to decide who was the best football club in Báraarde. By halftime, it was still full. Then, 60 minutes in, the second goal was scored. The Crabelo fans slowly left the stands starting around the 70 minute mark. They knew it was over. And it was, really. Even 36 wins couldn’t protect you from the underdogs.

Giyadock Noord is the 2021-22 Nasionale Sokker Beker national champion. They defeated 7-time champion Crabelo SK in a 2-0 game.