BlockBuster2K43 for Chair

Introduction

Hello my fellow South Pacificans! I’d like to introduce myself as BlockBuster2K43, I joined NationStates in November 2021, having moved to the South Pacific shortly after founding my nation. While residing within TSP, I’ve held a multitude of offices ranging from Foreign Affairs and OWL, all the way to the Assembly, where I am today. Having been a Deputy Chair’s for the past nearly 1.5 years (my its gone by fast hasn’t it!) I feel that during my time in this role I have learned and gained a good understanding and background knowledge of both the Assembly, and the position of the Chair. I’ve laid out a basic outline of my campaign including ideas and thoughts that I have below. As this is my first time running for an elected office it might be a bit brief, but I am hopeful that
you, yes I’m looking at you will find it helpful and informative.

Guides & Information

I hope to continue where Cryo has left off working on maintaining and updating any existing guides for the Assembly (Chair’s Guide, Legislator’s Guide, etc.) both here on the forums and on NationStates. Alongside working on and ensuring that the Assembly Gazette (more on this further down below) which I worked on while I was a Deputy Chair is kept well-maintained and shown a tad more love. I am also toying with the idea of creating a completely separate guide going more in-depth and focusing on the topic of Committees within the Assembly and their function/purpose.

Deputies & Involvement

Having been one myself for a period of time, I will strive to follow the steps of many previous Chair’s and assemble a small and effective team of Deputies to assist in the day-to-day tasks of the office of the Chair, I wish for any willing volunteers gain a better insight and understanding into the inner workings of the Assembly, and the duties and responsibilities carried out by the office of the Chair. I will aim to show any new Deputies all of the information and skills they would need in order to fulfill the role of the Chair themselves, potentially paving the way for any Deputy interested to potentially run for this role themselves in the future. Skills gained may also be helpful when looking into other roles across the whole of the Coalition, whether it’s within the Cabinet directly, or serving within a specific government ministry.

Communication

Alongside the S.o.A every month. I was also considering implementing the Assembly Gazette here on the forums as well as on NationStates, giving legislators and citizens different methods and ways of accessing the same information and news about the Assembly and its activities. I am also looking at creating fortnightly posts relating to the Assembly and its actions in the past…fortnight, I guess? A 1/2 State of the Assembly if you will.

Openness

If I am elected, I will ensure to the best of my ability that my personal preferences and opinions on certain issues and topics do not interfere or hinder me in my capacity as Chair. Nothing will stand in the way of this and I will aim to ensure that I am acting in the best interests of the region and the Assembly itself as an institution. I will faithfully execute the office of the Chair in an independent and non-bias way.

anjo formatter 2.0?

I am looking at coding a new formatting tool for me and future Chair’s to use, as the formatting tool that anjo developed was used with the old forums, and sadly no longer works properly here on Discourse. I’m optimistic that the development of a new tool will make life easier for future Chair’s.

Pie or Cake?

Now, I know this is a hot topic around here, but I will come to you all honestly. Here goes nothing. (Dramatic pause and deep breath) Cake :cake: is more my thing, I feel proud for what I stand for and anything anyone says or does is never gonna change that, I’m sorry to all you pie​:pie:supporters out there but it’s just the truth, at least for me. After all, it’s seems to me like it’s a conflict of interest, at least that’s how I see it. :eyes:

Conflicts of Interest

Main Nation - Great Lothian - Click Me!
Puppet/Other Nations - I don’t have any.
Regions - TSP and TSP only (UDS in my capacity as Ambassador during my term)
Current/Past Roles:

• Deputy Chair of the Assembly (25th May 2022 - Present)
  • Acting Chair of the Assembly (18th June 2022 - 24th June 2022)
  • Legislator on the Assembly of the South Pacific (9th December 2021 - Present)
  • Director of the Office of World Assembly Legislation (23rd January 2022 - 28th April 2022)
  • Secretary of State for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (13th December 2021 - 1st March 2022)
  • Leader of the Wiki Team (2nd January 2022 - 28th April 2022)
  • Director of the Public Engagement Administration (12th August 2022 - 16th October 2022)
  • Ambassador from TSP to the UDS (25th November 2021 - 17th February 2023)

Further information about me and other endeavours I have taken on can be viewed on my Wikipedia page at your leisure. - Click Me!

Closing statement

I hope you have all found this campaign and its contents interesting and helpful. I am hopeful that one day I can serve to be your Chair, even if it’s not this time round. The content listed above are just a few of my main ideas for this term, I’ve got lots of other thoughts surrounding the Chair and the Assembly as a whole, and I look forward to potentially working with each and every one of you either directly or indirectly. If anyone has any questions they would like to ask me, I am sure you will find me lurking around this topic for the next few days. If you would like to ask me something privately, feel free to message me here on the forums, or on Discord. Thank you for reading my campaign, and, until the election I wish you all the best!

Stay classy TSP, BlockBuster out. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Must… support… cake lovers!!!

2 Likes

This guy knows what he’s saying.

1 Like