BASIC Guides to: Markdown; HTML+ and Wikitext(s)

What’s in this topic post?

This is not a ToC:

Not a Guide What is what Why in That Order
Not a ToC Why no JS Guide Because Wikitext HARD
“operative” in the guide means “programming”

Not a Guide

In case you haven’t noticed, the OP Topic isn’t a Gude for any of these languages. The Guides will be posted as Replies/Posts, each with the title of which computer programming language it’s guiding you towards.
Please keep in mind the very intonated BASIC section at the Topic.

What is what

• HTML was used as a visible skeleton for text. In the mid-phase of internet it just became so standard for non-operative, purely-descriptive web pages that it was actually a recommended beginner language. HTML5 made what was essentially a dying skeleton into a living being, so it has become the standard again but not alone.
    - CSS is what makes HTML pretty.
    - JScript we will not get into as it’s an operative language. (In which case just use XML)

• Wikitext(s) are what is used to build wiki-site pages with. Go to any Wikipedia page , click on “History” or “Edit Source” to see it. The particular one I’ve linked there explains why they are wikitext (S). Each wiki-site has its’ own MoS.
    So, for example, our current TSP wiki is built on top of MediaWiki. In fact after the current 902 articles, the first thing you see on the Main Page I’ve linked is a guide to “wikitexts”.

• Markdown is a newer language. It has a principle of simplicity with customization being optional (yes, they stole Mints’ advertisement). This Topic was brought to you by markdown.
    In reality it’s very counterintuitive but I will probably cover most of it except for how to use it as an operative language (since it can calculate).

Why This Order

You will learn:

1. Markdown first, up until it can be used as an operational language.
  2. HTML+CSS, you will learn how to make a barebones web page but with an image on it and how to customize the image. After you manage to learn that, you’re set to just build on top of that.
  3. The most basic wikitext. The last thing will be “how to make a collapsable sortable table with specific column and row sizes and alignments of the contents within that table”. Does that sound like a lot? Only comparatively.

Hopefully I remember to do this. 2022-09-11T08:55:00Z2022-09-18T02:17:00Z

# MARKDOWN GUIDE\ ## HEADINGS GALORE \\\\\\\\ ### PARAGRAPHS AND LINE BREAKS \ QUOTING \ LISTS \ LINKS & IMAGES \ "TABLES" (kind of not really) \ Definitions \ Bold/Italic/Strikethrough.
First of all, you escape the code with by using this ` thing, let's call it an "accent", as you can see it's not the regular quotation. It's the button between "tab" and "escape" on your keyboard, left of number 1. Rememeber that if you add 1 of them inside this "code escape", you need to add 2 at the start and end.

If that made any sense.

As already shown, you add titles and subtitles with a hashtag.

I guess they really like Twitter or something idk.

Blue-bird app. It actually goes down quite a bit but you get the point.

So let’s say you
Have a poem or
Something idk
And you want to
Write it like this
Simply put\ at the end and press Enter. Remember that the slash has to be connected to the letter, whereas the hashtag needs to be separate from the letter.

Oh wow is that a horizontal line break it sure is. However, have an empty paragraph between using 3 dashes AKA --- to create it and the last paragraph you wrote. That is to say, you write this then press enter twice and input the 3 dashes.

To quote, remember old internet image boards, anon.

Don’t worry he knows.
Wait how do I get out why doesn’t end after space
Ok dude show us

The escape. You use > to sart quote blocking, ending it only after leaving an empty paragraph.
But what if you wanted to quote like, 3 paragraphs?

Ok so you want to quote something which had an empty paragraph

Inside of it without breaking it up?

Simply add the quote symbol at the beginning of the empty paragraph

Like so.

They wanted to simplify making lists so much (granted, for a reason) but it ended up being a broken function that barely works half the time.

• I mean I guess
  • Being able to do this
  • Justifies it?
    And it broke lol. It’s supposed to be showing me a checkbox. Btw get me out

Of here. Anyway, remember NS?

(1) Um ok guys so um today We have an aahhmm presentation on uhhh

• Yeah so it broke and I
    • posted it earlier. Whatever let’s blitz through the rest.

Ok Here’s a table
Eat Veggies
Eat Snacks

Or, preformatted:

| Ok| Here's a table| | ----------- | ----------- | | Eat | Veggies| | Eat| Snacks|

I like to use [Description](url) for links. Such as, TSP.
Finally, images.
You can add two types of Images. Basic and linked. Both follow the same formula of:
![description](link)
The difference with a linked image (aka clicking it takes you to the site) is:
[![description](link)](link)